NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Cheetah > Grinch. Yea I'm salty af I didn't get 'em this morning 🧂😓
20201224_195705.jpg

Y’all blamin resellers for being bums and unemployed, but Nike straight ****ers. Could’ve made more pairs and call it a day

Ultimately it's on Nike for their production numbers. But resellers buying EVERYTHING these days makes it that much more difficult.

Kobe’s were hitting outlets up until the end of January. I bought two pairs of Kobe 1 Protros for $50 each. I’ve probably said this before but it bears repeating lol.

I’m about to settle for some Kobe Icons.
Was waiting for chaos 5s to hit under retail on stockx and carpe diem 4s to go on clearance before kobe passed. Shame people bought out stock on all of them and raised prices.

That would require Nike to put some passion, good judgment and thought in to what they were doing.

I think that's where the disconnect from Kobe fans and Nike is happening. People really think Nike execs sitting at a desk like "how can we ensure as many Kobe fans are possible this year?"
They don't need to make 1million pairs to be profitable. If they make 4 diff Kobe models at 250k units a piece they make as much money as they would making 1 million Grinch 6s.

I think that's where the disconnect from Kobe fans and Nike is happening. People really think Nike execs sitting at a desk like "how can we ensure as many Kobe fans are possible this year?"
They don't need to make 1million pairs to be profitable. If they make 4 diff Kobe models at 250k units a piece they make as much money as they would making 1 million Grinch 6s.

The confusing thing as a fan is that they could make 500K units of each rather than 250K and still sell them out, hence more profit. But instead, they are okay with 250K units and lots of money going to the resell market.

They could have made 1 Million grinches and sold out. It's kobes most popular shoe without a question. Nike should have given everyone a chance at these, especially considering what happened this year to him. Nike really dropped the ball. Plain and simple.

Nike is so big it's like expecting Zuckerberg to be thinking about protecting our privacy on FB.

What surprises me though is that Covid couldn't have been a strong year for them. I haven't looked at their stock or anything but a million pairs of a 180 shoe is an easy way to end that 4th quarter strong for the books. Especially if they were produced in the summer knowing what the situation was.

Nike is so big it's like expecting Zuckerberg to be thinking about protecting our privacy on FB.

What surprises me though is that Covid couldn't have been a strong year for them. I haven't looked at their stock or anything but a million pairs of a 180 shoe is an easy way to end that 4th quarter strong for the books. Especially if they were produced in the summer knowing what the situation was.

I just looked at their stock and it tanked at the beginning of COVID like the rest of the market but it's doubled in value since then and is at an all time high. They're doing very well during the pandemic with everyone stuck at home and buying stuff online.

The confusing thing as a fan is that they could make 500K units of each rather than 250K and still sell them out, hence more profit. But instead, they are okay with 250K units and lots of money going to the resell market.

They could have made 1 Million grinches and sold out. It's kobes most popular shoe without a question. Nike should have given everyone a chance at these, especially considering what happened this year to him. Nike really dropped the ball. Plain and simple.

I agree totally. I think the main issue is the people who DONT cop at retail. Look at Lebron kicks. They mass produced so many lebrons like the red carpet and MVP 7. Both were shoes that were hard to cop when they originally released but then they retro and aside from people who are size 11+, most sizes sit because people are like "oh I'll wait til they hit discount."

Then they dropped the media day and made them limited and it was instant sell out. So their mentality is if we drop 500k+ some will cop immediately then others will wait til they sit so long they go on sale and we lose profit.

I agree totally. I think the main issue is the people who DONT cop at retail. Look at Lebron kicks. They mass produced so many lebrons like the red carpet and MVP 7. Both were shoes that were hard to cop when they originally released but then they retro and aside from people who are size 11+, most sizes sit because people are like "oh I'll wait til they hit discount."

Then they dropped the media day and made them limited and it was instant sell out. So their mentality is if we drop 500k+ some will cop immediately then others will wait til they sit so long they go on sale and we lose profit.
Disagree in this case. Certain shoes have extreme demand. Jordan brand releases a million pairs of more of Jordan 11s each year and they always sell out. The Grinch is one of those shoes. If Nike released a million pairs, they would never sit long enough to go on sale, especially a Christmas themed shoe during the holidays, when Kobe demand is the highest it’s ever been. It would be a day one sellout. People aren’t after the Lebron 7 like that. It’d be like if Nike made a million pairs of the Jordan 2, or 9.

I doubt these are going to tank. But if they do, I'd love to double up so I can have a pair on ice. Such an iconic Kobe sneaker in my opinion. Might not have the accolades attached to it, but the concept is executed so well.

Back
Top Bottom