NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

It’s only been a week and some change since the general release, I wasn’t expecting any drastic changes in resale prices this soon. I’m fine with waiting a month or two if it takes that long for prices to drop...and if they don’t come down or maybe there’s just a minor decrease in price then I’ll move on to the next release, no worries at all.

I understand the “don’t pay resale” mentality but that’s a horrible example.
Obviously the most popular OG Jordan colorways will retro over and over again.
If you want to grab something unique or a collab, it’s more than likely never going to retro again... That doesn’t mean pay 2K+ for Union 1s, it just means pay it or move on

Where do Grinches fall? Who knows but I wouldn’t expect to see them for another 10+ years. If you’re 30 now or whatever age you are, do u want to wait til you’re 40 to get Grinches and probably strike out anyway? Lol
It’s just a matter of how much $ can you afford and more importantly is it worth it to you....
The collabs are a relatively new thing. If Kanye came back to Nike, I could see his Nike Yeezys retroed. If Off White is still doing things with Nike a decade from now who knows that we wouldn’t see the Off White Chicago released again? When there’s high demand and money to be made, you can never say never.

That being said, it’s much easier to predict signature shoes releasing again. I fully expect the Grinches to release again, and again and again. A day will come when the Grinches will be a super GR like the 11s and be sold at every Footlocker. I think the next release will come sooner than 10 years, though I agree that it’s not worth waiting if you really want them now. With as much money as people spend on sneakers, spending 4-500 every blue moon for a pair of coveted shoes that were going for over 1000 isn’t the worst thing in the world.

The collabs are a relatively new thing. If Kanye came back to Nike, I could see his Nike Yeezys retroed. If Off White is still doing things with Nike a decade from now who knows that we wouldn’t see the Off White Chicago released again? When there’s high demand and money to be made, you can never say never.

That being said, it’s much easier to predict signature shoes releasing again. I fully expect the Grinches to release again, and again and again. A day will come when the Grinches will be a super GR like the 11s and be sold at every Footlocker. I think the next release will come sooner than 10 years, though I agree that it’s not worth waiting if you really want them now. With as much money as people spend on sneakers, spending 4-500 every blue moon for a pair of coveted shoes that were going for over 1000 isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Has there ever been an official restock of a collab though? I can't think of one other than some special event.

Has there ever been an official restock of a collab though? I can't think of one other than some special event.
Not that I can think of, but like I said, they’re a relatively new thing. With so much money on the table you can never say never.

This. I'm 32 I don't see me even wanting to wear grinches in my 40s. I'd rather pay the extra to wear now. Even if I paid 200 more what's the cost of that over 10 years of waiting (just to likely strike out).
Haha. You might be wanting to rock grinches in your 40s.... I been wearing J’s and Nike bball since high school... I’m 36, in 10 years you’re not gonna find me switched to Monarchs and Stacey Adams sandals... we are who we are at this point imo. Well evolve but not change. But yea grinches are loud lol
#Attacked
What u mean?

Haha. You might be wanting to rock grinches in your 40s.... I been wearing J’s and Nike bball since high school... I’m 36, in 10 years you’re not gonna find me switched to Monarchs and Stacey Adams sandals... we are who we are at this point imo. Well evolve but not change. But yea grinches are loud lol

What u mean?
I hate the notion that once you reach a certain age you have to switch to being bland, boring and lifeless.

They may release again; however, the time in between can be YEARS; five years for the first retro since the OG, then eleven years, and, most recently, seven years. If you have THAT amount of PATIENCE, I suppose you can wait and hope... However, you never know what will happen in those times in between. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Word to Kobe. 😢 RIP:emoji_pray:

Every time I see his name or image, I still can't believe it. 😢

If you REALLY WANT them, just pay the resale to save yourself from the anxiety and worries. I've accepted that the more sought after sneakers will be acquired with bots. I mean I'll try my manual luck on whatever releases resonate to me. If I catch that L, I'll just pay resale if I really want the shoe.

I think we need to differentiate into two groups:

Group 1: casual wear, basically it does not matter if you are 37 or 57, you can always casually wear them at any age.

Group 2: on court wear, it does make a difference if you are 37 now or 57 when they are retroed and you want to wear them to hoop in, at 57 you are most probably done with real hooping for a long time.

I am 37 right now with 25 years of playing basketball and once courts are open again/ my league will start again I will give them a good wear! At 57 I will probably not buy any hoop shoes anymore, but just those Nike dad shoes so that my knees will not kill me in the long run. That being said resale in Europe is not that bad

I'm 41 but I look like I'm 26....
hyBkqDd.png

Black don‘t crack???

Damn I realize that saying I won't want to wear a shoe over 40 makes me sound like an ageist and that isn't the case at all.

However, I hope that my hobbies will change at some point that sneakers takes a much bigger backseat. I am of the belief that at that point I won't really care to wear a bright neon green sneaker ball so casually.

I love seeing how fashion for older guys has changed so much already and I'm sure that 10 years from now there won't be some drastic change that forces me to wear shoes I don't consider to be cool. However, I do think there will be a shift in how wild some of my kicks are. At 40 retro or not I doubt I will really yearn for these (especially since I got to do em in my 30s).

When you hit 40 you’re free to migrate over to the dad shoe look. I’ll stick with rocking my Js and Kobe’s, whether they a bright loud *** green or a regular bulls colorway J.
Wear what you want, but don’t put constraints on other people because of some weird age/time issue.
You the man, S Sim23 !

I’m over 40 and don’t own a single pair of “dad shoes” lol ... that might just me though. I will say this, I choose comfort over style if I can’t have both in a shoe. Rarely wear bball shoes causally anymore, most of the time I’m wearing Flyknit runners or Ultraboosts instead.

FB put some extra salt in the wound... 10 years ago today these showed up from Eastbay:

2118E536-9F59-4D2E-9D42-DE446AC9E63E.jpg

46. Worn them the last three days and haven’t looked back.
DE8A4A71-822E-4CC4-8137-79B52009F571.jpeg

What u mean?
I hate the notion that once you reach a certain age you have to switch to being bland, boring and lifeless.
When you hit 40 you’re free to migrate over to the dad shoe look. I’ll stick with rocking my Js and Kobe’s, whether they a bright loud *** green or a regular bulls colorway J.
Wear what you want, but don’t put constraints on other people because of some weird age/time issue.
Man, I don’t even remember that I’m now in my 40s most days. And it would never cross my mind to stop buying and rocking the same shoes I have been for almost my whole life. I’ll feel no sillier wearing bright green Kobes now than I did 10 years ago, or than I would have 20 years ago.

This sort of “when I’m X age, I’ll be done with this” thinking comes up on NT from time to time, and always has. I think a lot of people who say this in their 20s don’t realize just how quickly they’re going to be staring at 40, and how it doesn’t actually mean you’re ancient and suddenly somehow like a totally different person :lol:

Man, I don’t even remember that I’m now in my 40s most days. And it would never cross my mind to stop buying and rocking the same shoes I have been for almost my whole life. I’ll feel no sillier wearing bright green Kobes now than I did 10 years ago, or than I would have 20 years ago.

This sort of “when I’m X age, I’ll be done with this” thinking comes up on NT from time to time, and always has. I think a lot of people who say this in their 20s don’t realize just how quickly they’re going to be staring at 40, and how it doesn’t actually mean you’re ancient and suddenly somehow like a totally different person :lol:
Maybe the people posting that opinion aren't level-headed enough to not care what anyone thinks about their personal appearance or thoughts, ideals, etc.? Some people just need a lot longer to figure out their foundation.

Maybe the people posting that opinion aren't level-headed enough to not care what anyone thinks about their personal appearance or thoughts, ideals, etc.? Some people just need a lot longer to figure out their foundation.
Could be that, and also just not realizing how being in your 30s and 40s really isn’t that old. I bet the 23-year-old me, if someone had asked at the time, might’ve said I probably wouldn’t care about sneakers as much by the time I was 40. But I wouldn’t have had anything real to base that on other than some imagined vision of what 40 is actually like. Turns out it’s not much different LOL

I realized how warped a 20-year-old’s vision of age is years ago when I was buying beer one day in a CVS. The young girl at the register asked for my ID, looked at it, looked at me and said, “Wow, you look good for your age.” I was like 31 at the time :rofl:
I didn’t even know what to say to that one.

You can rock sneakers forever. You just have to make sure other aspects of your wardrobe actually mature accordingly.

Otherwise you end up looking like this:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.jpeg.jpg

But on court anything goes. The court is the great equalizer. I have a guy in his 60s at the gym that still does pickup games. He had some Kobe Exodus last year, forgot what he has this year. But if he showed up in some Grinch 6's or some Aunt Pearl KDs I would be excited for him.

Back
Top Bottom