NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

about it being the most successful since the Jordan line
I’m guessing you have the Lebron line over it. I remember during the Lebron 7-11 and Kobe 4-9 run there was debate over which line was the supreme. The convo was detailed with sales, releases, production, distribution, and marketing. In the end, considering Lebrons line was Nike’s top priority and his kicks were being produced at a much larger number, the Kobe line was right on its tail. If I’m not mistaken, this lead Nike to space out releases of the top 3 sig lines, which included the KD line. Lebrons line has definitely been the most successful considering all factors. But IMO the Kobe line was the most popular during that period.

I still don't understand why a scrub like PJ Tucker keeps getting so many Kobe PEs that will never be released

Look at his stats from this year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

68D8C6D8-EFBC-4938-A3D5-1D59C0C30AF5.jpeg

It isnt odd at all. Its actually really smart on Nike's part. He is considered the sneaker king of the nba and everyone sees what he is wearing and so many different social media account focus on what on HIS feet. Its genius. Nike basically sees him as a "sneaker" Influencer within the NBA.

It isnt odd at all. Its actually really smart on Nike's part. He is considered the sneaker king of the nba and everyone sees what he is wearing and so many different social media account focus on what on HIS feet. Its genius. Nike basically sees him as a "sneaker" Influencer within the NBA.
That's exactly it. It's all for more attention. We've spoken on this several times.. more recently with those purple ones he made I think. Nike tried with the 5s... and saw success with his model and they know his influence.

I am sure that many of you know that Player Exclusives have been around since the late sixties, right? All it really meant was that the shoe was built for a specific player and his biomechanical needs, with a few added personal touches. PJ rocking PE's isn't out of the norm for any player that has access to a particular brand.
1617725279765.png

That's exactly it. It's all for more attention. We've spoken on this several times.. more recently with those purple ones he made I think. Nike tried with the 5s... and saw success with his model and they know his influence.
I don’t think PJ or his name is the reason his 5’s moved units Nike could’ve dropped those with whoever and they were still moving.

Without the events of 2020 these would’ve been like the chaos’ at worst

P.S. This is like the 3rd time we’ve had this debate about PJ being a “bum” :rofl:

Dude is far from a bum. No one in the league is a bum aside from the ocassional center who is only in the league cause they are 7ft. It is annoying they using Pj to push the line though. Personally don’t need or want his garbage colorways. Just retro the good ones.

Seeing PJ get these Kobe PEs is like seeing John Walker hold Captain America's shield instead of Bucky or Falcon lol
Haha love the reference. I do agree with you though DeRozan, Booker would be the obvious choices. Hell, I'm sure if Kyrie didn't have his own signature models, he would definitely be rocking all kinds of PEs

Dude is far from a bum. No one in the league is a bum aside from the ocassional center who is only in the league cause they are 7ft. It is annoying they using Pj to push the line though. Personally don’t need or want his garbage colorways. Just retro the good ones.
His 5 was a solid color tbh.
This Texas2Toronto joint is just ehhh at best.

I am sure that many of you know that Player Exclusives have been around since the late sixties, right? All it really meant was that the shoe was built for a specific player and his biomechanical needs, with a few added personal touches. PJ rocking PE's isn't out of the norm for any player that has access to a particular brand.
1617725279765.png

There's regular PEs and special PEs.
Regular PEs I can understand. If you're a Nike athlete you should get access to PEs.
But it's the special PEs that PJ gets that are kinda weird considering he's not even carrying the Kobe line like DeRozen or Booker, heck even JaMorant - Nike players who rock Kobe's exclusively.

How is it any different than them having a global release of a boutique in another country most of us have never heard of. Dunks drop all the time from people and stores we've never heard of.

He's carved out his niche as a influencer, it's no different than a Don C, Nigel Sylvester or Clark Kent

Maybe Derozan and Booker aren't going to Nike with designs and inquiring about releasing their own Kobe.

How is it any different than them having a global release of a boutique in another country most of us have never heard of. Dunks drop all the time from people and stores we've never heard of.

He's carved out his niche as a influencer, it's no different than a Don C, Nigel Sylvester or Clark Kent

Maybe Derozan and Booker aren't going to Nike with designs and inquiring about releasing their own Kobe.
Exactly

pj tucker is a scrub , he is just a hustler joining heavy iso guys and becomes their puppet , half his basketball skills are below average and dont tell me he is a good 3 point shooter 99% of his shots are wide open , i could have 35% this way

I don’t think PJ or his name is the reason his 5’s moved units Nike could’ve dropped those with whoever and they were still moving.

Without the events of 2020 these would’ve been like the chaos’ at worst

P.S. This is like the 3rd time we’ve had this debate about PJ being a “bum” :rofl:
Agreed as far as dropping it with anyone.... but they specifically knew who to drop it with

There's regular PEs and special PEs.
Regular PEs I can understand. If you're a Nike athlete you should get access to PEs.
But it's the special PEs that PJ gets that are kinda weird considering he's not even carrying the Kobe line like DeRozen or Booker, heck even JaMorant - Nike players who rock Kobe's exclusively.
There is nothing special about them. Kobe's shoe is simply a shoe. Many of you are making them out to be more than they are. I can understand being a fan of the man, and then noting that there are many people who dig his shoes. But obviously, he knows something that many of you do not.

Back
Top Bottom