NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Ya'll getting hyped up for L's?

These "New Kobe 6 Protro's releasing next month!" posts don't phase me anymore.
i feel the same tbh i've kinda lost interest in Kobes in general for now. it's pointless paying resale for protros when all they're gonna be is a display piece because there's no way I'm balling in them and beating them up. scuff marks, other dudes stepping on your Kobes unintentionally trying to grab rebounds, etc. Even just wearing them casually, they aren't as comfortable since they emphasize court feel and support so they feel kinda stiff compared to other types of shoes. I mean I guess you would get some compliments but that doesn't mean that much to me. Just not worth it to me when there's also shoes with better cushioning and newer tech out there like react, boost, zoom max, etc that are also more comfy casually.

If only all of these protros were released earlier like in 2018 and we could cop them for 50 bucks at outlets. Then I'd buy them and wear them everyday, even outdoors. In fact that's how I beat my Kobe 5 USAs to the ground lol

Last edited:
i feel the same tbh i've kinda lost interest in Kobes in general for now. it's pointless paying resale for protros when all they're gonna be is a display piece because there's no way I'm balling in them and beating them up. scuff marks, other dudes stepping on your Kobes unintentionally trying to grab rebounds, etc.

I agree with having lost interest due to the fact that they’re impossible to buy at retail unless you get lucky.

Last pair I was able to buy for retail was the Protro 5 Chaos. Literally walked into footlocker in the middle of the day to encounter a full size run.

But I’ve bought many kobes over the years and not a single one served as a display piece. Even the Protro 4’s that I had to pay resale for… every pair was purchased with the full intention to destroy them at my weekend runs.

Even with better cushion set ups coming out there still aren’t better performers than kobes.

Lost interest as well. Really wanted a fresh pair of OC 6s. Some of the prices currently on X (for the OG 2011) release are $2,400, $945, $1000, and $1400.

Being into Kobes seems to have now sunk to sh*tshow depths. Hopefully, there will be a time again when parents can buy them for kids, people who want to ball in them can afford to do so...and people like myself who want fresh pairs of their favs can do so again.

My grails have been the white HTM 9s. Would have loved to see them get the Protro treatment. What are the OGs going for now....20 billion for size 9? LOL.

Tempted to get these, it says a June release date..but I dunno if I’d pay for an early pair on stockx. Still waiting for a time to play in my grinches

Attachments

• 40EA5119-63CA-480C-9764-9DAF8469E9FA.png
    40EA5119-63CA-480C-9764-9DAF8469E9FA.png
    537.3 KB · Views: 429
I just purchased a pair of Playoff Pack Kobe VI's for $215 shipped. Nice to see that not all re-sellers are charging an arm and leg for them. They'll be my first pair of VI's ever :smile: ! In my opinion, these are the 'most wearable' colorway of the Protros VI's so far.... especially in terms of casual everyday use. I make it a point to rock all my Kobes.

Of course, the Grinches are still my favorite but I) they are way out of my price range and II) they're not a shoe I would rock just like that (circumstances would have to be ideal i.e. perfect summer weather or indoor hoops use only).

I agree with having lost interest due to the fact that they’re impossible to buy at retail unless you get lucky.

Last pair I was able to buy for retail was the Protro 5 Chaos. Literally walked into footlocker in the middle of the day to encounter a full size run.

But I’ve bought many kobes over the years and not a single one served as a display piece. Even the Protro 4’s that I had to pay resale for… every pair was purchased with the full intention to destroy them at my weekend runs.

Even with better cushion set ups coming out there still aren’t better performers than kobes.
I guess part of the reason I'm hesitant to destroy them is because Kobe colorways are so *** nice and the silhouette themselves look so good. I mean honestly the Kobe line probably had the most iconic and creative colorways starting from the 4s. You don't know how heartbroken I feel when a scuff appears one day or it starts to crease or the cushion starts bottoming out. The ankle collar lining was also notorious for ripping apart for no reason. Even the print on the insole fading away makes me sad like on the Kobe 11s. I guess I have OCD when it comes to Kobes lol.

For 50 bucks this isn't a problem for me but when it's 350, it definitely makes me think twice. Kobes just look too good. Like if I was an NBA player who could get 1 new pair per game for free I'd beat them up with no mercy too.

Last edited:
I guess part of the reason I'm hesitant to destroy them is because Kobe colorways are so *** nice and the silhouette themselves look so good. I mean honestly the Kobe line probably had the most iconic and creative colorways starting from the 4s. You don't know how heartbroken I feel when a scuff appears one day or it starts to crease or the cushion starts bottoming out. The ankle collar lining was also notorious for ripping apart for no reason. Even the print on the insole fading away makes me sad like on the Kobe 11s. I guess I have OCD when it comes to Kobes lol.

For 50 bucks this isn't a problem for me but when it's 350, it definitely makes me think twice. Kobes just look too good. Like if I was an NBA player who could get 1 new pair per game for free I'd beat them up with no mercy too.

I feel that way about Jordan’s 1-14

Kobes to me were always for hooping. They look weird with jeans, chinos etc.

I feel that way about Jordan’s 1-14

Kobes to me were always for hooping. They look weird with jeans, chinos etc.
To each his own.... you just gotta wear them with confidence lol. Kobes 4-11 way better to rock with Jean's than jordan 13s lol..... untied style

I only wear my Kobes casually since I don't play basketball and they look fine as long as you aren't wearing NT denim
Let em know.

I hoop and rock my Kobes exclusively. Try doing them without tiring them. Let the laces hang. That's essentially the key.

The last lebron's that were heavily worn casually were the 9s. Or maybe I'm just not in the know cuz I'm not in any Lebron forum lol

Those and the laker pair were really the best pairs.

Don’t wanna look at the prices now :/

I rock kobes casually and to hoop just like he did. To anyone who wears runners or trainers casually or lebrons which is less appealing now saying kobes aren’t casual are crazy. The only ones I don’t wear casual are the 9 & 10 high. Kobes with sweats all day for sure. Jeans too they just can’t be bootcut(which i don’t own) or “momjeans “as they call em

I rock kobes casually and to hoop just like he did. To anyone who wears runners or trainers casually or lebrons which is less appealing now saying kobes aren’t casual are crazy. The only ones I don’t wear casual are the 9 & 10 high. Kobes with sweats all day for sure. Jeans too they just can’t be bootcut(which i don’t own) or “momjeans “as they call em
I've never had problems with shoes looking casual or not casual, I mean I'm willing to wear all shoes casually, going shopping, etc. The Carpe Diem 4s look more like a casual shoe actually imo with the leather and how the laces pop out. Like with so many nice colorways Kobes definitely don't have a problem looking appealing and being worn casually.

The problem for me is they just don't feel as comfortable compared to runners and trainers which are lighter and even Lebron and Kds which often have crazy cushioning setups. It's basically the trade off between a runner and a basketball shoe in general. You can't ball in runners since they have no support so your foot would move everywhere but in bball shoes there is support to lock down your foot, which at the same time makes them much stiffer. And just for walking around casually, they don't feel that good after a few hours lol.

I guess that's why the Kobe 8 is so popular is because they are the closest thing to a runner that you could get with a basketball shoe. My Kobe 11s on the other hand feel like bricks compared to my Epic Reacts.

Last edited:
I've never had problems with shoes looking casual or not casual, I mean I'm willing to wear all shoes casually, going shopping, etc. The Carpe Diem 4s look more like a casual shoe actually imo with the leather and how the laces pop out. Like with so many nice colorways Kobes definitely don't have a problem looking appealing and being worn casually.

The problem for me is they just don't feel as comfortable compared to runners and trainers which are lighter and even Lebron and Kds which often have crazy cushioning setups. It's basically the trade off between a runner and a basketball shoe in general. You can't ball in runners since they have no support so your foot would move everywhere but in bball shoes there is support to lock down your foot, which at the same time makes them much stiffer. And just for walking around casually, they don't feel that good after a few hours lol.

I guess that's why the Kobe 8 is so popular is because they are the closest thing to a runner that you could get with a basketball shoe. My Kobe 11s on the other hand feel like bricks compared to my Epic Reacts.
The last part lol. The EMs are def not as bad as the elites

I’m probably definitely in the minority when I say this and attack me if y’all please when I finish but I prefer the EM Kobe 8 and EM Kobe 9 over the Kobe 9 and 10 elite. They feel better to me. Let’s be real the knit is kinda stiff and it’s backed with glue for reasons I get. I’m just saying I’m taking EM kobes over Flynit all day. I will say Flynit 10 felt better then the regular version of the 10.

Back
Top Bottom