NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Just for those that are slightly illiterate, Nike has never brought a retro sig line shoe to nikeid or NBY. Clearly this option was available the inaugural year they were released but as a retro model = zero times.

Alright smart ***.

When has Nike even been given the opportunity to put a sig line that used to be on NIKEID, back on NIKEID as a retro (aside from Kobe's)?

None of the sigs from the 90's were on NIKEID because that didn't even exist at the time. Basically all of the sigs that we had in the late 00's and early 2010's (aside from Kobe's) that were on NIKEID haven't been retro'd yet (Lebron's, KD's, etc.. the Lebron's that have retro'd weren't available on NIKEID at the time).

Nike should have gave Vanessa whatever she wanted ..to Continue the Kobe line …i read some where Kobe wanted more shoes made and full family size runs so everyone could wear his shoe …crazy Nike wouldn’t already have that in placed … before he passed …maybe Nike will protro the KD 4’s (not saying it’s the same ) soon to take the place of no Kobe’s

Nike is a company not a charity, and they answer to stockholders and their board

Kobe's used to sit(retros and AD's), and it's no telling how long the desire for his kicks will last.

It's easy for you to say continue a line of something that loses money.

Nike is a company not a charity, and they answer to stockholders and their board

Kobe's used to sit(retros and AD's), and it's no telling how long the desire for his kicks will last.

It's easy for you to say continue a line of something that loses money.

How about make all Kobe's 24 hr preorders? As long as you get your order in before time expires it will be made, Increase the retail to say IDK....$250?

How does Nike lose?

I mean Nike could send revenues through the roof if they wanted; they choose not to

their strategy is to build hype and demand, meet a tiny fraction of it, rinse and repeat

if they decided to actually MEET demand and drive sales to insane levels… would that be better or worse for the company in the big picture? Who knows, but apparently the big wigs at Nike don’t think that’s the way to run things.

But anyone thinking they are not making these widely available, putting them on NBY, finally doing a “made to order”, etc because they wouldn’t sell is flat out dumb af. They’d sell like crazy, it’s just not the Nike way of barely touching demand

I mean Nike could send revenues through the roof if they wanted; they choose not to

their strategy is to build hype and demand, meet a tiny fraction of it, rinse and repeat

if they decided to actually MEET demand and drive sales to insane levels… would that be better or worse for the company in the big picture? Who knows, but apparently the big wigs at Nike don’t think that’s the way to run things.

But anyone thinking they are not making these widely available, putting them on NBY, finally doing a “made to order”, etc because they wouldn’t sell is flat out dumb af. They’d sell like crazy, it’s just not the Nike way of barely touching demand

Exactly...Nike wants hype. I blame all the people who pushed the Adidas over Jumpman narrative from 2014-2017 cause ever since Nike has made it their personal mission to be the hypest shoe brand ever since.

Product sitting doesn't send revenue through the roof

People get burn out. Just like when they were releasing a new Jordan retro every week. You can't buy a Jordan every week.

What happen when NMD's and Ultraboost were easily attainable?

Product sitting doesn't send revenue through the roof

People get burn out. Just like when they were releasing a new Jordan retro every week. You can't buy a Jordan every week.

Sure

Product won’t sit

make them on nby or made to order. Properly assess the demand and produce to meet demand. Nothing sitting, sales thru the roof. Again not the Nike strategy.

Made to order is the best way to handle all hyped releases. Not many shoes would end up at outlets and consumers would be happy that they don't have to pay 100% markup to someone that knows how to write code.

Made to order is the best way to handle all hyped releases. Not many shoes would end up at outlets and consumers would be happy that they don't have to pay 100% markup to someone that knows how to write code.

x1000000000000

I’d rather pay for something I know I’ll receive in a couple of weeks/months than go thru SX/GOAT for crappy retros or new releases

Just for those that are slightly illiterate, Nike has never brought a retro sig line shoe to nikeid or NBY. Clearly this option was available the inaugural year they were released but as a retro model = zero times.
Slightly illiterate? No

gwizzle gwizzle just needs to be more specific about what he's talking about.

And tag/quote folks you talking to

Retro basketball sigs outside of the Jordan brand and in that era aren't an old thing anyway. You speak as though Kobe, lebron, kd retros etc have been around for 20 years? Come on now.

You gotta come with a better take off you're gonna call folks illiterate.

You sound like a burner account if you ask me.

Last edited:

Exactly this. Happened to the Flyknit Racers too - when the hot CWs (Oreos, MC etc) were re-released and mass produced they all sat like a mf and end up on the discount shelf. Its all a supply-demand game.

and yall dreamin about ID / made to order lol cmon guys be real .
Yall need to realise the demand just aint that high, Kobes will never have the 'fashion' appeal that Jordans do.

Exactly this. Happened to the Flyknit Racers too - when the hot CWs (Oreos, MC etc) were re-released and mass produced they all sat like a mf and end up on the discount shelf. Its all a supply-demand game.

and yall dreamin about ID / made to order lol cmon guys be real .
Yall need to realise the demand just aint that high, Kobes will never have the 'fashion' appeal that Jordans do.

Kobes don't need to have the "fashion" appeal that Jordans do.
Kobes just need to be the on-court version of how Jordan 1-14s are off-court.

Imagine every game, gym, and playground you go to and you see players wearing Kobes.
Kobe's passing def shifted the demand to where people are like, "I only wanna wear Kobes on court."

Imagine every game, gym, and playground you go to and you see players wearing Kobes.
Kobe's passing def shifted the demand to where people are like, "I only wanna wear Kobes on court."

That would be nice, but just aint happening when Nikes paying 100m+ per year to Bron/ KD/ PG / Giannis / Kyrie etc.
Nike wants people to buy new sigs, not retro Kobes.

That would be nice, but just aint happening when Nikes paying 100m+ per year to Bron/ KD/ PG / Giannis / Kyrie etc.
Nike wants people to buy new sigs, not retro Kobes.
Then maybe they need to try harder because a lot of these new design suck and are all on sale anyways :lol:

go look at your outlets… Kyrie/Brons/KD/Giannis etc all on sale.

Kobe/Bron retros been hot. and when they do more KD’sissa WRAP ( The last 4’s they did flew)

If a new deal is ever reached, I wonder if they’ll make retros more available since one of Vanessa’s biggest gripes was limited availability

There's tons of sneakers on NBY that aren't in high demand. If NBY were about demand, only dunks and Jordan 1s would be on there.

And I'm not saying that the Kobe or any other retro will or won't be on NBY. Because, just like everyone else here, I don't know.

No matter what happens, just like Bert. Bert. Said... If we can't get our favorite models and colorways with ease, what's the point?

The demand will always exceed the supply bc Kobe is no longer here… everybody wants a piece of his legacy now!

The demand will always exceed the supply bc Kobe is no longer here… everybody wants a piece of his legacy now!
Uh… no lol. You’re right about the last part but at some point, demand can equal supply. Made to order, end of discussion :smh:

Back
Top Bottom