NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I posted this in the IV thread before but your last sentence is exactly what happened. Bro was going ham with the fakes including both OG and protro colorways. He even gave away a pair of fakes to a kid after a game. Poor kid :rofl:

Let me ask you a question..

After viewing your posting and others on those super obvious fakes, can you honestly say that you feel like jaylen browns pair fits in that same category?

I don’t know the true verdict for Jaylens Kobe’s being real or not but I definitely don’t think Kobekobe Kobekobe ’s “evidence” made much sense

Few days ago vs Nov.

2 different shoes. The creases from November are not present from recent pair. Check out the differences in the swoosh and scales.

[Downloader.la]-63c314d461114.jpg

[Downloader.la]-63c3195d4e4da.jpg
I think I do see creases in the above pair.... that pic doesn't have the same HQ resolution as the bottom one

I do agree that the difference I've seen in fakes are what he pointed out.. as far as scales and placement but I can't conclusively say I see that with the initial image we've been speaking on

Last edited:
so I don’t see the spray paint swoosh effect as a reason JBs are fakes. I do see that some pairs and some colorways have an easy to tell spray paint effect. Whereas others are very crisp/no spray. On real pairs and PEs.

I do think some real PEs have a lot of variation on that lateral scale placement.

Also not seeing the tongue height argument

Which is to say I don’t follow what Kobekobe is saying as proof that JBs pair is fake

I do agree that the difference I've seen in fakes are what he pointed out.. as far as scales and placement but I can conclusively say I see that with the initial image we've been speaking on
I agree with the tells on fakes as well. I just don't feel like JBs pair has any of those tells.

I just think it’s crazy that we’re questioning professional athletes, with access/contacts that we would never have access in life, if their playing in fake shoes, kinda wild to me.
Ja def had some questionable ones... and like I said... he prob wanted them

At the end of the day Who the **** cares?

These dudes dropping 40 protros or pooptros! :lol:

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt but I don’t think anyone knows 100% for sure. They’re just assuming and have a hard time admitting they might be wrong on some little kid **** for real

Is there a concrete way to tell the difference between what would be considered a PE vs a fake because it seems like some are just basing the criteria off of what has released at retail and translating those details over to what a PE would be on court? If the details don't align, it's deemed a fake?

Yea, we won’t know unless it’s exposed. On the surface, it makes no sense for him to be playing in fake shoes, let alone to be a Nike athlete and wearing fake versions of their shoes.

I would think he or whoever is copin (if outside of Nike) didn’t know. But, also, what if Nike makes ‘em on the fly, with boo-boo/sus qc for players to hoop in.

giphy.gif

Yea, we won’t know unless it’s exposed. On the surface, it makes no sense for him to be playing in fake shoes, let alone to be a Nike athlete and wearing fake versions of their shoes.

I would think he or whoever is copin (if outside of Nike) didn’t know. But, also, what if Nike makes ‘em on the fly, with boo-boo/sus qc for players to hoop in.

giphy.gif
Prelude 4s?!

Unless they got a connect in the factory, I doubt NBA players are wearing fake Kobes. The availability of fake sneakers in general tapers off significantly after Size 12 or so. I can't imagine fake Kobes regularly being available in size 15+, but maybe that's just me :lol:

Ja is an 11 so maybe it's different for him, but who cares really? It's all speculation.

Unless they got a connect in the factory, I doubt NBA players are wearing fake Kobes. The availability of fake sneakers in general tapers off significantly after Size 12 or so. I can't imagine fake Kobes regularly being available in size 15+, but maybe that's just me :lol:

Ja is an 11 so maybe it's different for him, but who cares really? It's all speculation.
He's only an 11. That's surprising to hear

Is there a concrete way to tell the difference between what would be considered a PE vs a fake because it seems like some are just basing the criteria off of what has released at retail and translating those details over to what a PE would be on court? If the details don't align, it's deemed a fake?

On Protro Del Sol 6s, the tongue holes/hexagons could be an indicator. Fakes have larger diameters.

Real:
298C43D3-7C66-4001-8ED2-22ECDED2FD01.jpeg

Fakes:
110C3401-3707-4F4C-8C05-6C4DB036BD81.jpeg

Although some rep models address this common issue with other colorways, the tongue mesh holes usually are great indicators in identifying fakes.

I think the only way to tell a fake is in the 1 to 1 comparison and not using factory flaws as an indication of replica. You can't compare a gr to a pe and use cues to determine what's real and what's not.

I think what was lost in my comparison is I just brought in Devin booker's PE (a known authentic pair) to demonstrate that the tongue height on JBs pair was accurate. Nothing more.

I feel like replicas have gotten so good these days that it's impossible for the most seasoned sneaker heads to tell the difference. I always say, line up 10 authentics and 10 really good fakes... Mix them up and see how many the most experienced sneaker person gets correct. I guarantee not many, and the ones they get right, most times, are purely luck.

Just imo

Last edited:
On Protro Del Sol 6s, the tongue holes/hexagons could be an indicator. Fakes have larger diameters.

Real:
298C43D3-7C66-4001-8ED2-22ECDED2FD01.jpeg

Fakes:
110C3401-3707-4F4C-8C05-6C4DB036BD81.jpeg

Although some rep models address this common issue with other colorways, the tongue mesh holes usually are great indicators in identifying fakes.
But this is a comparison between retail colorways. The argument was about PEs people are deeming as fakes no?

But this is a comparison between retail colorways. The argument was about PEs people are deeming as fakes no?
The original debate was about jaylen browns pair of del sol grs.

Ja Morant's rumored fakes were just brought in to show that it has happened (allegedly)

Oh. I may have misread your post. My bad.

TBH, we all know how PEs are made and distributed to NBA players, etc. I think since these players mostly wear sz 12s-and-up, the shape of the kicks shouldn’t be off by much compared with the retail protros released to the public.

JB had Protro 6 Del Sols on, and he even wears Protro 5s occasionally (Chaos, and undftd pack and golds). Heck, he even wore OG OC 6s during the playoffs last year :lol:

Unless proven otherwise, JB’s too rich to even bother with fakes.

Ja’s Kobes tho :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom