NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Bring back hooping outside.

Bring back hooping outside and having to play against that OG (I'm the OG now) who is sweating with his shirt off and who makes a move and just smears a wall of sweat onto your chest and arms :emoji_laughing:

I used to hate that **** :smh:

But I love hooping outside. I'm powered by the sun baby. Hotter it gets the better I play. And then I get home and damn near pass out :lol:

Bring back hooping outside and having to play against that OG (I'm the OG now) who is sweating with his shirt off and who makes a move and just smears a wall of sweat onto your chest and arms :emoji_laughing:

I used to hate that **** :smh:

But I love hooping outside. I'm powered by the sun baby. Hotter it gets the better I play. And then I get home and damn near pass out :lol:

If you can shoot on a double rim outside you can shoot on anything.

Wore my pair to work today.

These are VERY comfortable. I was super disappointed with the comfortable of the Lebron IV retro.

These do don't disappoint.

20231207_071739.jpg

Youth basketball has greatly suffered due to the lack of kids playing outside.

A lot of robot players being created. Can do every drill under the sun, look great doing individuals, put them in a game situation and it doesn't translate nearly as well as it should. Basketball IQ is lacking, especially with being able to communicate on defense and seeing the floor.

Bring back hooping outside.

You can thank modern basketball for these changes where its all about which team/player can score the most points in the shortest amount of time while playing little to no defense. NBA also killed defense too which they instituted the no-hand checking rule and all the other garbage defense fouls that gave the offense an advantage, ala the NFL

You can thank modern basketball for these changes where its all about which team/player can score the most points in the shortest amount of time while playing little to no defense. NBA also killed defense too which they instituted the no-hand checking rule and all the other garbage defense fouls that gave the offense an advantage, ala the NFL

The no hand checking rule is overstated. If you need to hand check to play defense you're not a good defender.

Hand checking allowed players who were not necessarily the quickest to be around because they knew how to force you to do things. It made the NYC PG the king of the hill in the 80s and 90s for a reason. Because hand checking didn’t affect them because they could get around it.

I personally grew up playing with hand checking for the first few years of my life and it never bothered me. Helped me defensively. A lot of today’s nba players wouldn’t be able to do what they do with hand checking. And I miss that. It’s why you see a lot of nba guards struggle against world competition at times until they adjust. Now you add hand checking with nba athleticism and then you really need to be on your game.

Hand checking allowed players who were not necessarily the quickest to be around because they knew how to force you to do things. It made the NYC PG the king of the hill in the 80s and 90s for a reason. Because hand checking didn’t affect them because they could get around it.

I personally grew up playing with hand checking for the first few years of my life and it never bothered me. Helped me defensively. A lot of today’s nba players wouldn’t be able to do what they do with hand checking. And I miss that. It’s why you see a lot of nba guards struggle against world competition at times until they adjust. Now you add hand checking with nba athleticism and then you really need to be on your game.

it's time to bring back hand checking in the NBA. the offense is too potent.

I hate gatekeepers but part of me does feel like Protros, especially 5s and 6s are meant to be hooped in. I understand if you're too old now or permanently injured and can't hoop anymore and you wanna cop for nostalgia but all these new people going after Kobes cause they're hyped annoys me.
I don't think anyone knew how good we had it back when the OGs released compared to now. But then again, that's when I was a broke college kid so one pair of the new kobe model was good enough for me. I wasn't even a shoe guy, but I always wanted the new kobe silo to use on the courts. All black 5's, lightbulb 6, blk/yellow supreme 7, milksnake 8, bruce lee 9, fundamentals 10, space black 11, and the debut Kobe AD model with that irritating pulltab in the back. I beat every single pair I had on the courts and once the whole outsole was gone, I retired em. Miss those days, wish I would've bought more if I knew how things were gonna go.

I agree that Kobes should be used on the courts, but I've been using most of my protros as daily/lifestyle shoes. Last protro I beat up were the 5 rings that I got for retail. But looking at resell prices or even how much I had to pay for resell on most of the kobes I struck out on, I'd be crazy to abuse em on outdoor courts. Best believe I'll use these reverse grinches if I can get a double up

Kobes aren't on foot locker release calendar. Never know things not to show up with only about 1 week before release.

I don't think anyone knew how good we had it back when the OGs released compared to now. But then again, that's when I was a broke college kid so one pair of the new kobe model was good enough for me. I wasn't even a shoe guy, but I always wanted the new kobe silo to use on the courts. All black 5's, lightbulb 6, blk/yellow supreme 7, milksnake 8, bruce lee 9, fundamentals 10, space black 11, and the debut Kobe AD model with that irritating pulltab in the back. I beat every single pair I had on the courts and once the whole outsole was gone, I retired em. Miss those days, wish I would've bought more if I knew how things were gonna go.

I agree that Kobes should be used on the courts, but I've been using most of my protros as daily/lifestyle shoes. Last protro I beat up were the 5 rings that I got for retail. But looking at resell prices or even how much I had to pay for resell on most of the kobes I struck out on, I'd be crazy to abuse em on outdoor courts. Best believe I'll use these reverse grinches if I can get a double up

Kobe's could still be easily available but Nike doesn't want it that way.

Before Kobe passed they were not hard to get your hands on. The Chaos protro sat. It could easily go back to that but Nike is going to Nike.

You talking the clothing?
I mean the shoes. I doubt Vanessa cares about the availability of the Nike Kobes when even the Mamba & Mambacita clothing drops (that she has final say on) have been limited. So why would she care how Nike does their drops? It's all business at the end of the day. I believe her previous comments about making the sneakers more available came around the time the Sweet 16 sample was floating around in the wild. She mentioned she was mad that her and the family didn't get their pairs, but some random person had a pair. That's when she started mentioning she was upset that everyone couldn't get a pair. An easy fix for Nike. Cut the check, get the family their pairs, and move forward business as usual.

I mean the shoes. I doubt Vanessa cares about the availability of the Nike Kobes when even the Mamba & Mambacita clothing drops (that she has final say on) have been limited. So why would she care how Nike does their drops? It's all business at the end of the day. I believe her previous comments about making the sneakers more available came around the time the Sweet 16 sample was floating around in the wild. She mentioned she was mad that her and the family didn't get their pairs, but some random person had a pair. That's when she started mentioning she was upset that everyone couldn't get a pair. An easy fix for Nike. Cut the check, get the family their pairs, and move forward business as usual.
To be fair.... are alot of people really interested in the clothing at those prices.

These gonna be abundant come release day? If these fit like the mambacitas, I'll need to half size up. I'd like to increase my chances by entering in all the raffles plus FTL draw but I don't want to be winning pairs that I don't need.

These gonna be abundant come release day? If these fit like the mambacitas, I'll need to half size up. I'd like to increase my chances by entering in all the raffles plus FTL draw but I don't want to be winning pairs that I don't need.

Not abundant, but better numbers than previous releases.

I have had to size up on all of the protro 6's.

Kobe's could still be easily available but Nike doesn't want it that way.

Before Kobe passed they were not hard to get your hands on. The Chaos protro sat. It could easily go back to that but Nike is going to Nike.
Oh for sure. I scooped chaos 5 for retail from a friend who hit on SNKRS. He sold em to me since it was as basically a shade over retail for resell price. I’m sure it would’ve been different if it were post his death. Protro 1’s were in outlets and even the undefeated 4 pack came down to almost retail shortly before his passing. Nike needs to stop the gimmicks and mass produce em so people can use these on courts and replace em once worn out.

Back
Top Bottom