NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

My pair is sitting at label creation … it’s happening again 😭

On another note, 3 times as many pairs according to Vanessa
IMG_5545.png

Oh for sure. I scooped chaos 5 for retail from a friend who hit on SNKRS. He sold em to me since it was as basically a shade over retail for resell price. I’m sure it would’ve been different if it were post his death. Protro 1’s were in outlets and even the undefeated 4 pack came down to almost retail shortly before his passing. Nike needs to stop the gimmicks and mass produce em so people can use these on courts and replace em once worn out.

facts. The way lebron and kds are, often sitting at outlets for 50-75% off, the way protro 1s sat for $50, thats the way protros should be.

I feel like part of it is they’re concerned that if they make too many kobes, then they can’t sell their other lines, i.e. product cannibalization.

And it hurts to say this but from personal experience, most of the country outside of LA does not give a damn about Kobe, especially on the east coast, unlike Jordan (but Asia is obv a different story). So Nike would rather promote the younger stars like Ja and Book and move on from Kobe.

Even before retirement, who was getting the newest and most advanced tech? Lebron, not Kobe. So the vibe that i get is nike doesn’t really see kobe as like a Jordan or Lebron. They see him as replaceable. otherwise that whole contract fiasco would‘ve never happened and they would easily produce Kobes in AF1/Jordan quantities.

Last edited:
facts. The way lebron and kds are, often sitting at outlets for 50-75% off, the way protro 1s sat for $50, thats the way protros should be.

I feel like part of it is they’re concerned that if they make too many kobes, then they can’t sell their other lines, i.e. product cannibalization.

And it hurts to say this but from personal experience, most of the country outside of LA does not give a damn about Kobe, especially on the east coast, unlike Jordan (but Asia is obv a different story). So Nike would rather promote the younger stars like Ja and Book and move on from Kobe.

Even before retirement, who was getting the newest and most advanced tech? Lebron, not Kobe. So the vibe that i get is nike doesn’t really see kobe as like a Jordan or Lebron. They see him as replaceable. otherwise nike would easily produce Kobes in AF1/Jordan quantities.

Kobe’s were to top of the line for low top minimalist factor. Lebrons were top of the line tanks for bigger players or those that wanted more support. The Kobe 4-6 really pushed some boundaries that were never pushed before in what you can do to a low top shoe with support, lockdown, and safety. Something that was considered blasphemy before hand. Low top version of sneakers were made for lifestyle before and not to be balled in. Ray Allen was the only exception really that balled in low top version of jays.

It was all relative depending on your style of play and what you wanted in a shoe. But the market segmentation was there.

Kobe’s were to top of the line for low top minimalist factor. Lebrons were top of the line tanks for bigger players or those that wanted more support. The Kobe 4-6 really pushed some boundaries that were never pushed before in what you can do to a low top shoe with support, lockdown, and safety. Something that was considered blasphemy before hand. Low top version of sneakers were made for lifestyle before and not to be balled in. Ray Allen was the only exception really that balled in low top version of jays.

It was all relative depending on your style of play and what you wanted in a shoe. But the market segmentation was there.
True, but now you have Jas, Books, Sabrinas, Gt Cuts, etc. So if i’m nike, why would i make more kobes when that would lower sales for my other low tops

True, but now you have Jas, Books, Sabrinas, Gt Cuts, etc. So if i’m nike, why would i make more kobes when that would lower sales for my other low tops

I agree with you but Nike should look in the mirror and say why can’t I be as innovative? They are still using the same backbone since the AJ11s on many shoes. Full zoom with carbon plate. And then since the Kobe’s and the high tops from the 2008 Olympics(name alludes me) it’s been the same combo with just fly wire added.

Like find something. I get that zoom is just so good but you can find something. They did it with zoomx x react combo in running shoes which makes they phenomenal for both running and just walking. Gotta do that same thing that the boost did to Nike, something to make them stop being complacent.

Even before retirement, who was getting the newest and most advanced tech? Lebron, not Kobe. So the vibe that i get is nike doesn’t really see kobe as like a Jordan or Lebron. They see him as replaceable. otherwise that whole contract fiasco would‘ve never happened and they would easily produce Kobes in AF1/Jordan quantities.
NYers are big on Kobes. Everyone I ball with plays in them if they got a pair.

I’m not sure what to make of Vanessa’s assertion that there are 3x many pairs. Should that give any of us hope?

Last edited:
I’m not sure what to make of Vanessa’s assertion that there are 6x many pairs. Should that give any of us hope?
3x the amount but I feel like she means 3x the chances via shock drop, Early access, and real drop lmfaoooo. We'll see on the 15th how many cop.

With the release in 2020, how many obtained a pair at retail? I know I had to pay resell.

Meanwhile a good portion of us already obtained them from the "shock drop" and early access before the actual release. It's definitely more of these. Not sure if it's going to happen with the rest of them, because it is a Christmas release.

One thing I noticed it doesn't have purchased like it does for the gratitudes or when I normally buy from shock drop/early access.

I think the other big factor that makes Kobe’s harder to get is the fact they have way more casual appeal so it’s not just people hooping that are going for them. For a while the Lebrons looked like nothing but on the court shoes and were ugly as hell, pretty much from the 9s till recently. Same with the KDs. After the KD 4s they lost casual appeal.

I’m not sure what to make of Vanessa’s assertion that there are 3x many pairs. Should that give any of us hope?

I wouldn't say hope because the supply will never meet the demand.

But previous drops were rumored to be 100k

This drop is rumored to be 300k.

Which is 3x.

Just have to see what happens.

IMO im happy they finally in the process of releasing Kobes for the masses like it used to be.....but if im being honest....if they truly on the tip of releasing more Kobe's just release them on the NDC , FTL, FNL, JD Sports, DSG, etc like they do every other basketball shoe...instead of on SNKRS and boutiques via raffles.....if they truly on giving the people what they want.....

They don’t want everyone to have Kobe’s it’s clear.. Nike might be trying to use the Kobe line to revitalize the Nike Basketball line… which is in a horrendous slump…. I just don’t see it working, the recent designs of all the signature athletes have been terrible, just really bad stuff. Book’s sneaker is horrible…

Nike do better, y’all basketball line sucks.

NBY with the ability of selecting/recreating classic colorways. Nike I just made you a **** ton of money and you don’t have to worry about them going to discount/sales racks.

I'm not even tripping over it. Imma keep trying for retail.

Will be more than content with my Bron and KD retroes. Paying $400+ for Kobe's is asinine.

They don’t want everyone to have Kobe’s it’s clear.. Nike might be trying to use the Kobe line to revitalize the Nike Basketball line… which is in a horrendous slump…. I just don’t see it working, the recent designs of all the signature athletes have been terrible, just really bad stuff. Book’s sneaker is horrible…

Nike do better, y’all basketball line sucks.

I agree. Only the recent lebrons have been good but in bigger sizes it’s hard to ever find them on sale under 150. I guess I just have to make piece to pay the 200 like I do for a retail Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom