NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Wife’s pair… not mad at all that I didn’t hit for real
IMG_5534.jpeg

I just wanted a pair to hoop in since my OGs are getting old and I’m kinda worried about them falling apart mid game. I hope Vanessa keeps applying pressure. These need to be out constantly like current performance models.

It's gets spicy every time because lames who feel as if it's thier God given right to buy shoes, get in thier feelings when they can't and start blaming a woman who lost her husband.

It's the stupidest thing. And it happens every release.

The blame does fall on Vanessa for saying she is going to make the shoes accessible to Kobe fans. But she is far from the sole or even most guilty party here which is Nike & these reseller scumbags. Kobe is probably the second or third greatest player ever and if Jordan can get 5 easy retros a month surely there is room for Kobe to get 1 or 2.

The thrill in today's sneaker collecting scene, for me, lies in acquiring them at retail prices. While I could easily obtain any sneaker through resale, paying a hefty 100% or more markup lacks excitement for me. My wife suggests skipping the hassle and paying the premium, but I believe the value diminishes when things aren't earned. I only resort to resellers for items I couldn't get for my son, even though he's not too concerned about sneakers, except for his current favorite—winterized spikes. Oddly, those are the kicks I let him play freely in, and perhaps that's why he treasures them.

The thrill in today's sneaker collecting scene, for me, lies in acquiring them at retail prices. While I could easily obtain any sneaker through resale, paying a hefty 100% or more markup lacks excitement for me. My wife suggests skipping the hassle and paying the premium, but I believe the value diminishes when things aren't earned.
how do you "earn" a snkrs W? 🤔

The people that hit (from initial drop to today) are telling us “it’s just shoes” and attacking you for wanting the product readily available.. hilarious behaviour.

The people that didn’t hit are rightfully pissed with what this line has become..

Things I’m pissed about, doctors cancelling appointments for urgent surgery my brother needed, and thankfully got after two months for a tumor.

Things I’m disappointed in, the Kobe line and accessibility to fans.

Still a lot of salt from missing the last grinch and other Kobes in general. We thought a simple white kobe 8 was gonna be readily available and they still were limited AF.

maybe. but I feel the term Grinch is the same trigger as SBB. they just conjure $$$ thoughts. I'd be more pissed about missing the camo 6 next year.

(Not all but….) The majority of the people on NT wouldn’t hurt a fly. All that spicy talkin’ doesn’t mean nothing. Don’t eem’ waste your time going back & forth with people on here.

I truly do apologize for my earlier post, though. I didn’t know the NT community was going bonkers over the Reverse Grinch’s like this.

The people that hit (from initial drop to today) are telling us “it’s just shoes” and attacking you for wanting the product readily available.. hilarious behaviour.

The people that didn’t hit are rightfully pissed with what this line has become..

Nah I hit today and I still sympathize for the ones who missed out

I've been there and done that whole angry spiel

Not attacking anyone bcuz wtf is that about

They are shoes at the end of the day, u win some, u lose alot(my case anyway)

Just gotta roll with it and prepare for the next one

Nah I hit today and I still sympathize for the ones who missed out

I've been there and done that whole angry spiel

Not attacking anyone bcuz wtf is that about

They are shoes at the end of the day, u win some, u lose alot(my case anyway)

Just gotta roll with it and prepare for the next one
Only thing I would change here is the "prepare" part lol. How does one do that

Only thing I would change here is the "prepare" part lol. How does one do that

You really can't. Everything is luck.

I entered the draw on the shock drop with 1 min left and hit.

It's luck. Sometimes you hit sometimes you miss.

One thing I do know is complaining on NT, especially about Vanessa isn't going to change anything or get you the shoes so grow up and either pay resell or move on.

Back
Top Bottom