NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

People should be upset at the resellers and not Vanessa
Come now
that would take a bit of personal accountability and anyone being honest knows how well accepted that is these days. Especially taking into consideration plenty of us continue to feed such resellers.

I dont know why Vanessa shouldn't catch heat. She's in control of kobes estate. She signed the contract to renew with nike. Those contracts cover production numbers and marketing.

Let's also not forget that she went from saying that everyone should have kobes to saying her husband's sneakers should be viewed and treated like collectors items post halo 8 drop.

Should she have her head removed on social media because of that? No, not at all. Social media hate is always next level b.s. but she shouldn't be exempt from the frustration fans feel. This should also not be interpreted as saying that nike or resellers should not catch flak either, but no one who had the power to make the current situation what it now is, should not have some responsibility for the poor state of kobe retros and fan reaction.

yall really think she has control or even a say into the production number? I don't think theres any Nike contract out there where the athlete/collaborator demands million pairs in production and Nike says ok. This is their business model, they know they're smart in not flooding the market. Vanessa was probably just happy to keep the Kobe line going and probably only requested more pairs or more releases going forward to keep fans and kobe's legacy happy, don't think she had any negotiation in asking for a specific amount of production. They did up the Reverse Grinch stock numbers, theres no denying that. But just because they did doesn't mean anyone and everyone will be guaranteed a pair.

I dont know why Vanessa shouldn't catch heat. She's in control of kobes estate. She signed the contract to renew with nike. Those contracts cover production numbers and marketing.

Let's also not forget that she went from saying that everyone should have kobes to saying her husband's sneakers should be viewed and treated like collectors items post halo 8 drop.

Should she have her head removed on social media because of that? No, not at all. Social media hate is always next level b.s. but she shouldn't be exempt from the frustration fans feel. This should also not be interpreted as saying that nike or resellers should not catch flak either, but no one who had the power to make the current situation what it now is, should not have some responsibility for the poor state of kobe retros and fan reaction.

Didn’t Ye leave Nike because he didn’t have full control over design with Nike, over quantity. Ye obviously had control at Adidas and everyone that wanted a pair got a pair. Vanessa doesn’t have full control over design, colorways, quantity. She helped with the “stories” though for some of the releases. Nike still has full control over everything. Stop blaming Vanessa. Man up and blame Nike and their marketing. Phil Knight called Nike a great marketing company for a reason.

yall really think she has control or even a say into the production number? I don't think theres any Nike contract out there where the athlete/collaborator demands million pairs in production and Nike says ok. This is their business model, they know they're smart in not flooding the market. Vanessa was probably just happy to keep the Kobe line going and probably only requested more pairs or more releases going forward to keep fans and kobe's legacy happy, don't think she had any negotiation in asking for a specific amount of production. They did up the Reverse Grinch stock numbers, theres no denying that. But just because they did doesn't mean anyone and everyone will be guaranteed a pair.

They do believe that. I’m assuming they think she sat down with them and went over stock numbers and hand picked which stores got them.

The lack of common sense is astonishing

Oh word? You think that contract covers production numbers of colorways that are coming out 3 years from now and haven’t even been thought of yet?

Bless your heart

I am in agreement that she should have responsibility in access but of the 100% of the blame, it is not more than 5%. 95% is on Nike. Social media is just a way to let Vanessa and Nike know people, myself included aren't happy with the lack of access to honor one of our favorite players.

I will say… Vanessa did not want to resign the Nike contract, I imagine that she did include a clause to have quantity increased but like I’ve said a bunch of times these initial releases won’t see the quantities people want… Nike is gonna be lazy about the roll out and fake create demand with low supply, they probably broke this down to her for the first year or two of the contract

How snug are these? I was able to go TTS with my OG Concord VI’s, and a half size up with the Protro Grinch.

Just blame yourself if you struck out on these. Get better a copping shoes or cough up for resale.

Don’t forget, without her singing that contract there would be no more Kobe releases for people to whine about taking Ls on.

Just blame yourself if you struck out on these. Get better a copping shoes or cough up for resale.

Don’t forget, without her singing that contract there would be no more Kobe releases for people to whine about taking Ls on.
Exactly, sometimes you got to pay to play.

I’ll try for retail before going to resale route. If I feel like the price is too outrageous I’ll move onto the next release. Sulking about L’s is a waste of time

Guess I should have expected to have what I said taken and run with. I said she isn't free from criticism, I did not say she should get all of it or the kind she has been receiving online, which I stated was over the top.

And as someone who negotiates contracts, yes, numbers are contemplated. It's a core part of any production contract. Also, if she didn't like what nike was offering, she could have walked away. She inherited a 650 million dollar estate, she was not in some leveraged position by Nike. There is always a choice and she chose to be part of the current mess that is (admittedly) mostly nikes doing, but she chose to be a part of it.

I also never said I hated her, so go on with your anger and point it somewhere else. Anyone who threatened her, disrespected her kids, her late husband, ect. are indeed pathetic.

Edit: I also got my pair on the shock drop, so I'm good with my pair. I grabbed the wrong size but sold it and was able to cop my actual size without issue.

Guess I should have expected to have what I said taken and run with. I said she isn't free from criticism, I did not say she should get all of it or the kind she has been receiving online, which I stated was over the top.

And as someone who negotiates contracts, yes, numbers are contemplated. It's a core part of any production contract. Also, if she didn't like what nike was offering, she could have walked away. She inherited a 650 million dollar estate, she was not in some leveraged position by Nike. There is always a choice and she chose to be part of the current mess that is (admittedly) mostly nikes doing, but she chose to be a part of it.

I also never said I hated her, so go on with your anger and point it somewhere else. Anyone who threatened her, disrespected her kids, her late husband, ect. are indeed pathetic.

Edit: I also got my pair on the shock drop, so I'm good with my pair. I grabbed the wrong size but sold it and was able to cop my actual size without issue.
So you caught a W but still in here writing dissertations about who deserves blame for other dudes striking out?

Skimming the last couple pages and looks like Vanessa byke to her old shenanigans. :smh:

Hording all the Kobes for resellers and her celebrity friends.

Only one way to describe this woman:

devil-waterboy.gif

*Shakes fist in anger*

Back
Top Bottom