NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

For the folks who are hooping in your reverse grinches.. which insoles are you all sticking with? Regular insoles or some other insoles like game day pros?

If you're basically saying the same kicks you got back when they originally released in 2011 ... you can't wear anymore... then that's a "your feet" issue. I've been one of the folks that have spoke on sizing breaking it down from if wearing casually or for hooping.
They aren't able to type a formal apology, but I apologize on my feet's behalf

If you have a resale store near you (in a mall, etc) go in and see if they have the size you want. Take note of the price. Also see if they have the size you want to trade in, and take note of that price. Then see if they are open to a trade.

Don't expect it to be an even trade since they are helping you out. Even if it's $20, it's still likely cheaper than doing it another way. You can also feel somewhat confident they are legit, and you don't have to worry about shipping costs. I was Christmas shopping last night, and the resale store in the mall I was in had more than 5 pairs....definitely more than they had for the last 2 Kobe releases. Hopefully you encounter the same.
Mr Jawn, this is extremely helpful! I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I generally try to avoid resell shops, so this didnt even occur to me. It is obvious to say, but I hadn't realized that I'd be paying taxes, fees and shipping multiple times doing it online. I will try to check out some shops in my city over the weekend :DMerry Christmas to you

My 10.5 from SNKRS just arrived and it is too small. It would cost me another $100 to sell my pair on StockX and buy an 11. Does anybody have suggestions for reliable trades?
If you still have any OG 6s I bet if you put the old insole into the protro, they’ll fit… works for me

If you still have any OG 6s I bet if you put the old insole into the protro, they’ll fit… works for me
This is another really great idea! I am thinking these might actually work if I can endure a few (really) uncomfortable wears and swap in some some Game Days insoles. I do remember the uppers expanding a little bit with wear. I probably need to shoot around or lift in them to break them in, even though I didn't expect to play in these. I was playing every day back when I had those OGs, so those were all used and eventually donated. Again, really grateful to everyone for the helpful advice

They aren't able to type a formal apology, but I apologize on my feet's behalf

Mr Jawn, this is extremely helpful! I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I generally try to avoid resell shops, so this didnt even occur to me. It is obvious to say, but I hadn't realized that I'd be paying taxes, fees and shipping multiple times doing it online. I will try to check out some shops in my city over the weekend :DMerry Christmas to you
You're good. I was more or less tryna help you understand the problem lol.

It's been said OGs were more round in shape and these protros more narrower 5s and 6s included. I for one also tried .5 up(12) for the HOF 5s and joints were just too humongous. So stayed with my usual 11.5. I use them for casual so if I find myself wearing them for a longer bit of the day then I know gonna start to feel some tightness as our feet swell up a little during the coarse of the day... but I manage..... def ain't taking them on a walking tour.

I’m doin to much. Just trying to break up all
that red.
IMG_1969.jpeg

Yea this aint it fam.

You're good. I was more or less tryna help you understand the problem lol.

It's been said OGs were more round in shape and these protros more narrower 5s and 6s included. I for one also tried .5 up(12) for the HOF 5s and joints were just too humongous. So stayed with my usual 11.5. I use them for casual so if I find myself wearing them for a longer bit of the day then I know gonna start to feel some tightness as our feet swell up a little during the coarse of the day... but I manage..... def ain't taking them on a walking tour.
ngl I was in my feelings about your first response. But now I see you’re spreading gospel lol. I tried mine on again and noticed the length is actually perfect, but they feel too narrow, as you mention. Sorry that I am joining the thread so late and just getting caught up on the sizing discussion. I read back on previous pages for more context. Do you share the opinion that people who play in them will stretch them out more and should go TTS?

ngl I was in my feelings about your first response. But now I see you’re spreading gospel lol. I tried mine on again and noticed the length is actually perfect, but they feel too narrow, as you mention. Sorry that I am joining the thread so late and just getting caught up on the sizing discussion. I read back on previous pages for more context. Do you share the opinion that people who play in them will stretch them out more and should go TTS?
Yep. The 6s had the whole campaign of mold to your feet. So with wear... it'll loosen up. I have even said if you want to wear them casually with better comfort.... break them in with some hooping sessions.

Also socks play a role as well... if using the Elite padded socks... gonna have them def feel tight. Nike also has the socks with the nike check inside the bball. Those are a better option with no padding

Hey anyone has any suggestions on types of laces to get? Like the red laces in the reverse grinch and wanted to get correct size and length as well as type of laces being used.

The only way to get the correct length in any laces is to take yours out and measure it. Not all laces are the same length, it depends on the size shoe you have and your style of lacing.

As far as type, I always try to stick to the same style of laces that’s already factory (I.e if it’s flat laces, I buy replacement flat laces etc.)

There are no matching laces for Kobe’s. 5-7 had the same style laces and there never were any sites that made them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom