NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

Nike should go in a Doernbecher-ish direction with some of this line's releases...

-Ask 4 or 5 current NBA players what Kobe meant to them growing up, and what their favorite Kobe model was.

-Give those same 4 or 5 players a blank Kobe model 'canvas' to work with, and have them come up with a design or theme that represents what Kobe meant to them.

Example: Player _________ remembers getting a Kobe/Nike 'Hot Handed/Cold Blooded' t-shirt as a kid.

The player creates/designs a 'Fire and Ice' Kobe 8....wears it as their PE, and it coincides with the sneaker being released to the public as a regular release.

This is pretty much the same way the Kobe line has been done. Kobe picked his childhood themes...Bruce Lee, Cloaks, Lower Merion, etc.

And MAKE THEM AVAILABLE NIKE!!!

This line is never going to sell like Jordan....but with ideas like this one, it keeps the line fresh, relevant, and will be unique.

It seems like Nike got freaked out by the way some Protros were sitting hard, and that might be the driver behind their current 'exclusivity.' They need to get creative regarding this line to keep it fresh instead of creating fake hype via exclusivity.

Last edited:
I hated that colorway 🤣

Definitely one of the worst. What the hell

I got them and sold them.

I kept them a while hoping they would grow on me, but they always looked like a coogi sweater. Plus I knew they would age terribly, and I was right because every time I saw them in the wild I never regretted seeing that sole.

Easy pass for me.

w1080xh810_GettyImages-460255502.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-lakers-home-2.jpeg.jpg

Legend beyond all doubt.
Will never forget that game those shots and these gems.

I mean..why would they not have just went the Big Stage route with the upcoming release?
Liner aside itll likely look like the same shoe.

Why are we getting all of these TB colorways?

your first mistake is thinking that these sneaker accounts actually have knowledge of anything.

all the photos are mockups as well and will look nothing like the final product to consumers.

Kobe B-day 8/23

Just saw Vanessa’s IG post about this and she said the colorway is called “Halo” and there will be more Kobe 8 models with that theme so I guess that’s why they’d release on Kobe’s birthday instead of Mamba Day

I wonder if the all-white colorway is perhaps an angelic tribute colorway. My wishful thinking is that Vanessa posts these on her IG saying that she'd want these all-white Kobes to be as available, abundant and as classic as the all-white AF1s. Realistically, I don't think that'd happen, but one can only imagine...

Just saw Vanessa’s IG post about this and she said the colorway is called “Halo” and there will be more Kobe 8 models with that theme so I guess that’s why they’d release on Kobe’s birthday instead of Mamba Day

I'm kinda-1 out of 2 so far! :lol:

Did you watch SNKRS live? Was her idea. Annual release. Really cool. and insightful SNKRS live

And with that draw Nike has put us on notice that they are back on the bs.
Used to be that when Nike held a webcast to debut a new Kobe...there would be a substantial amount of comments in here when it was over.

Tonight...crickets. Guess that's a testament to what a great job Nike has been doing with this line.

The people who probably paid the most attention to today's webcast are the resellers.

Back
Top Bottom