NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

Kinda wack to take advantage of people that just want Kobe’s..

We all know when the dust settles and the rollout is complete, some models will be going on sale, Nike has the most boring rollout for sneakers ever.

Nike y'all suck, we know you read this forum.

That price is technically about $12 cheaper than what the inflation calculator says a shoe from 12 years ago would cost today lol.

That price is technically about $12 cheaper than what the inflation calculator says a shoe from 12 years ago would cost today lol.
Except the costs for R/D, marketing, etc. are not there now.

And for the millionth time, why are only certain shoes affected by “inflation”? I’m not saying things don’t cost more for Nike to produce, but it’s like people have trouble accepting the fact that Nike marks up prices because they can, not because they have to.

I really don't care if they're marked up either way. We've been knowing that nike does this. Especially with how they’ve handled Kobe’s. The Halo 8s that dropped were 180. The purple and the teal pair that dropped a couple months ago were 190. Did we think they were going to lower the price after those sold out?

I really don't care if they're marked up either way. We've been knowing that nike does this. Especially with how they’ve handled Kobe’s. The Halo 8s that dropped were 180. The purple and the teal pair that dropped a couple months ago were 190. Did we think they were going to lower the price after those sold out?

So stop defending it, and just say Nike does what they want with the prices.

So stop defending it, and just say Nike does what they want with the prices.
not really defending it though. Again, we've KNOWN this yet act shocked/surprised, but also expect that a shoe from 12 years ago to be priced like it was then.

Last edited:
not really defending it though. Again, we've KNOWN this yet act shocked/surprised, but also expect that a shoe from 12 years ago to be priced like it was then.
I don’t think anyone is shocked our surprised but just calling out what they see. Just because you don’t seem to care about Nike jacking up prices doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it. Nobody is saying prices can’t go up but the extent that it does for Nike more than any other brand when it comes to retroing shoes is egregious

I don’t think anyone is shocked our surprised but just calling out what they see. Just because you don’t seem to care about Nike jacking up prices doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it. Nobody is saying prices can’t go up but the extent that it does for Nike more than any other brand when it comes to retroing shoes is egregious
When I say I don't care it's more I'm used to it/numb to it at this point. I have no issue with discussing it at all but some did seem shocked/surprised by it for a retro thats been priced that way 3 times within since August.

Kobe' s are $50 more I think that the OGs
You're right. Couldn't remember if they were $90 or $95. You just had a feeling this was the route they were going to take after his passing and the limited nature of the releases.

When I say I don't care it's more I'm used to it/numb to it at this point. I have no issue with discussing it at all but some did seem shocked/surprised by it for a retro thats been priced that way 3 times within since August.
That’s fair I get it. I’m numb to it too but when I notice it I do pause on if I really wanna grab certain kicks. At the end of the day it’s more (or less) money in my wallet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom