Nike Kyrie 5

ID's are clean ^

I bought the black magic pair today. Tried the traction at Footlockers wooden floor, held up. Tried the wooden floors at my apartment, held up.

Coming from the Kyrie 3, these are a step ahead just by wearing them around the house. Great court feel, forefoot zoom "turbo" is plush but firm.

Hoping to ball in these on Saturday and will give an update.

Given my quick and dirty AF traction tests I'm hoping I have no issues here.
Good to hear the traction on your pair is good.

I love the fit and lockdown of the shoe. But the traction isn't good enough for me. I stopped wearing my pair.
yeah.. did you take any more extreme measures to the outsole other than just hooping? just rubbing on a rough carpet or seomtihng? lmao

yeah.. did you take any more extreme measures to the outsole other than just hooping? just rubbing on a rough carpet or seomtihng? lmao
Ran on an outdoor court, cleaned the soles with jason mark, and still the traction was responsive as the PG3s were out the box.

416B0FFC-404C-478F-8CAC-F1C8BEF60F65.jpeg
Came in today. Ordered Feb 18

nike be a special kinda crazy sometimes, checked my stuff when early notices went out and i had nothing, logout login trick and still nothing, had a notification this morning saying i missed out on early purchase.....
NaughtyRegalHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

i mean i wasn't gonna buy them or get them bcuz **#$ Duke but i'd have hooked up #NT

Had a shoot around this morning which had a lot of off the dribble work and slight cuts.

Safe to say my traction was great. Noticed the rear of sole squeaked more than the front if it heaps.

The courts I usually shoot around on are clean, whilst the courts I ball in are usually dusty. So it’ll be interesting to see how the hold up. To put in perspective, my Kyrie 3 (translucent) was miles ahead of the 360 NXT on the dusty courts.

Lockdown is solid laterally, decent 1 to 1 feel.

I did notice a bit of heel slip but once tightened it goes away, especially with the “lace lock” technique.

Still haven’t balled properly yet, so different types of movements will test the shoe.

The front “zoom turbo” provided adequate cushioning, but i’m a lighter guard. Not much in the midsole however I’m on my toes so no biggie.

Still this is an initial wear so not the most conclusive review. All early signs point positive.

Overall I’m happy with them and will probably cop a pair of the JDIs.

Will report back later.

Perhaps it was a production run that culminated in poor rubber used for certain models?

ID's are clean ^

I bought the black magic pair today. Tried the traction at Footlockers wooden floor, held up. Tried the wooden floors at my apartment, held up.

Coming from the Kyrie 3, these are a step ahead just by wearing them around the house. Great court feel, forefoot zoom "turbo" is plush but firm.

Hoping to ball in these on Saturday and will give an update.

Given my quick and dirty AF traction tests I'm hoping I have no issues here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom