Nike Kyrie III

i thought they would be decent for running 

the running shoes mostly look ugly to me.. i just don't feel like paying $100+ for running shoes when I could just get an additional pair/colorway of kyrie 3s or pg 1s instead and use those for the treadmill 
Get an actual running shoe don't run in ball shoes lol

what's the big deal exactly?
Aren't ball players essentially running up and down the court?
nerd.gif
Basketball players run at least a couple miles per game but that's in a controlled environment usually in short sprints.

I don't know the science behind it or all the details but from what I remember when I did x-country/track if you're running (especially outside) for long distances multiple times a week, you want something with better support and probably lighter so you don't end up hurting your hips/knee/shin/ankles.

The paint to chip scrape off?
That aibt marks that can be rubbed off its peeled away.
I wouldn't expect that to happen after one wear.
Not white either, the TTS is a light grey.
I'm not a toe dragger either that's off people standing on them. They gonna look like sh#t after a week.

Reminds me off the Kyrie 1, the spikes on the heel.

Last edited:
Ok. I zoomed in on the pics. Lol Man I thought you was trippin off some dirt on the shoes after ballin. That's why I was like wtf? You should send them back to Nike and get a different pair or a voucher. Paint shouldn't chip that fast.

Ok. I zoomed in on the pics. Lol Man I thought you was trippin off some dirt on the shoes after ballin. That's why I was like wtf? You should send them back to Nike and get a different pair or a voucher. Paint shouldn't chip that fast.

Haha no dirt I can live with.
Yeah I am pi##ed about it. First time playing in them & they look trashed.
(Worse in hand than the photo)
Didn't think that it would peel off so quick & easy, really spoils the look.

it doesnt quote your text for some reason

which type of support are the kyire 3s lacking in? i thought being a mid top, their support should be better than running shoes and other low tops

what type of support do running shoes have exactly, are there basketball shoes that offer the same thing 

$75 is almost a pg1 or a lebron 13 lol 

i was actually using some cheaper adidas running shoes for the last year or more but didn't realize that the outsole has been flattening/smoothing out.  started having knee pains in the last couple months too 

Changing the insoles makes a big difference. The stock insole is thin and hard. But the shoes are made to have a low to the ground court feel. I like that but I still need some kinda crushing up front. The heel zoom is ok but I still ended up adding more for my custom set up. Weird thing I noticed was that even though it's a real tight fitting shoe. For me, they felt better with thicker socks like. Nike elites or the stance b ball socks.

I agree

Just copped BHM's with 20% off on footlocker.com came out to $103 with tax, big footers! only size 14 available.

Playoffs:

4/15 vs. Pacers Game 1: White/Black Fearless PE
4/17 vs. Pacers Game 2: Yellow/ Cameo PE
4/20 @ Pacers Game 3: White/Obsidian PE
4/23 @ Pacers Game 4: Blue/White/Yellow PE
5/1 vs. Raptors Game 1: Cream/Red PE
5/3 vs. Raptors Game 2: White/Red Lightning PE
5/5 at Raptors Game 3: Yellow/Camo PE
5/7 at Raptors Game 4: Blue/Red PE´
5/17 at Boston Game 1: Yellow/White School Bus PE
5/19 at Boston Game 2: Black/White/Gum
5/21 vs. Boston Game 3: Yellow/Silver PE
5/23 vs. Boston Game 4: White/Black Fearless PE

it doesnt quote your text for some reason

which type of support are the kyire 3s lacking in? i thought being a mid top, their support should be better than running shoes and other low tops

what type of support do running shoes have exactly, are there basketball shoes that offer the same thing 

$75 is almost a pg1 or a lebron 13 lol 

i was actually using some cheaper adidas running shoes for the last year or more but didn't realize that the outsole has been flattening/smoothing out.  started having knee pains in the last couple months too 
they provide real cushion so your knees aren't taking an absolute beating. the ky3's have 0 cushion unless you believe that zoom unit in the heel is doing absolutely anything lmao.

the closest thing you'll probably find is boost cushion in the hardens, but that's even a really slim amount of boost in comparison to ultraboost and pureboost. if you have different pairs of shoes for specific things, like one pair for basketball, one for running, one for work, one for casual wear, they will all hold up for longer and look better. it's worth the investment. also a good idea to get a new pair of trainers for running every couple of months if you want to take care of your body.

if you aren't running mass amounts of miles i guess you won't notice it as bad, but i can't even imagine forcing myself to run 4-5 miles in a pair of kyrie's

they provide real cushion so your knees aren't taking an absolute beating. the ky3's have 0 cushion unless you believe that zoom unit in the heel is doing absolutely anything lmao.

the closest thing you'll probably find is boost cushion in the hardens, but that's even a really slim amount of boost in comparison to ultraboost and pureboost. if you have different pairs of shoes for specific things, like one pair for basketball, one for running, one for work, one for casual wear, they will all hold up for longer and look better. it's worth the investment. also a good idea to get a new pair of trainers for running every couple of months if you want to take care of your body.

if you aren't running mass amounts of miles i guess you won't notice it as bad, but i can't even imagine forcing myself to run 4-5 miles in a pair of kyrie's
yeah its like 12 miles a week. incline treadmill, not running, more like a fast walk. 5.0 speed. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wonder why with the success of Kyrie's line Nike has yet to create an EXT version of his shoes? Even PG got one in his first model.

Back
Top Bottom