Nike Lebron 17

Because if you’re buying a random size I doubt you have the thicker insole to replace it with right? Unless you’re constantly buying shoes not your size just for the price, which sounds dumb, but to each their own.

He was talking about going up half a size. They sell replacement insoles of various thickness and sizes in which you can cut to fit your shoes. We sell them at Footlocker and you can get them at almost any store like walmart, target, amazon. That might be too difficult for some

So this week, I finally got my Currencys in. Really like the look of them in person. I could've gotten these or the Infrareds, but I decided to get something more low-key since I also recently just purchased the Infrared 34s.

Here is my review:

Aesthetic: These definitely accomplish a nice all-black look. And the iradecent/color-changing swoosh is a really nice touch as it shifts from green to dark blueish/ purple. Also the toe-box area really reminds me of the 15s which I also have. I really love this "KnitPosite" which I'm guessing is an evolution from the "BattleKnit" that was in the 15s and maybe 16s. Looks wise, I feel like these 17s bring together the best court look AND casual look out of the last 3 generations.

lebron17.png

Feel: Just like the 15s, very snug to get in. I recommend TTS for these, no doubt. I guess if you have wide-feet, do what you would normally do in this situation. Overall i really like the feel. Very comfortable to walk around in, almost have a boot-like feel just because of the size of the cushioning incorporating both Air Max and Zoom Air. One complaint I have is the feel I'm experiencing wearing low-cut socks. The thin sock-liner right around the ankle at the top is kind-of irritating. I may need to break these in more but I've only found optimal comfort in mid-cut to high-cut socks. Other concern: Traction: The traction-pattern doesn't appear optimal for making really hard cuts. I haven't balled in these yet but I can kind of see how this pattern differs from previous versions, where it's more of a vertical pattern. Oh and the laces are pretty long out of the box, I used the final laceloop to tie them.

Overall, really love the shoe and happy with my decision. Especially since I got them on sale for around $107. These are kind of a 15 2.0 I feel like, moreso than the 16 for sure. Ever since LeBron has gone to this knit type of styling, I've really enjoyed what has come out. Definitely my favorite design era of the LeBrons currently. Last side note, quality in this shoe is pretty good. I would argue the quality of what Nike has been putting out recently in their top-tier shoes are superior than that of Jordan. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
noblekane noblekane probably had something to do with it:nerd:

jk :lol: ...

Kinda :stoneface:
i been asking where he was

i been worried

rumors were circulating around the niketalk universe that he and big brenda finally tied the knot. other people were saying hes doing a bid in the pen for robbing a natures own truck. there was also another rumor that he became the boss of the notorious horny hoods street gang and doesnt have time to post. its all just rumors tho 🤔

really? bought mine two days ago and still hasnt shipped yet lol
When I was placing my order the options were standard shipping w/ eta 4/22 or 2-day shipping w/ eta of 4/11. No brainer imo... figured standard shipping would be the one that be might effected by delays. Hopefully you’ll get your order soon brother

Overall, really love the shoe and happy with my decision. Especially since I got them on sale for around $107. These are kind of a 15 2.0 I feel like, moreso than the 16 for sure. Ever since LeBron has gone to this knit type of styling, I've really enjoyed what has come out. Definitely my favorite design era of the LeBrons currently. Last side note, quality in this shoe is pretty good. I would argue the quality of what Nike has been putting out recently in their top-tier shoes are superior than that of Jordan. Just my opinion.

Nice write up. One negative I would add is stability. Despite having outriggers, ride height will be an issue for rolling. The shoe isn't prone to rolling, but the higher up you are those 50/50 rolls usually end up tipping.

Nice write up. One negative I would add is stability. Despite having outriggers, ride height will be an issue for rolling. The shoe isn't prone to rolling, but the higher up you are those 50/50 rolls usually end up tipping.
You'd be surprised actually in how stable the 17 is compared to the 15, for example, since many people compare the two as being similar. I hooped in the 17s when they first came out and my first reaction was "these are way too high off the ground" but the fit and containment, and even the minimal outrigger, is WAY better than the 15 and those were my favorite LeBrons post 10s. I will say this though - if you think and feel unsure of the height before and/or during play, the lack of peace of mind and doubt would be enough to not want to play in them since you're not going to be going full speed with that on your mind lol. It sounds dumb, but I know dudes who sent them back to Nike after just shooting around in them because they felt they were going to roll their ankle, even though I maintain the shoe is very stable for the volume of the air bag and the height. Just my $0.02 though!

You'd be surprised actually in how stable the 17 is compared to the 15, for example, since many people compare the two as being similar. I hooped in the 17s when they first came out and my first reaction was "these are way too high off the ground" but the fit and containment, and even the minimal outrigger, is WAY better than the 15 and those were my favorite LeBrons post 10s. I will say this though - if you think and feel unsure of the height before and/or during play, the lack of peace of mind and doubt would be enough to not want to play in them since you're not going to be going full speed with that on your mind lol. It sounds dumb, but I know dudes who sent them back to Nike after just shooting around in them because they felt they were going to roll their ankle, even though I maintain the shoe is very stable for the volume of the air bag and the height. Just my $0.02 though!
I think stability is fine. I have 2 pairs and playing in them doesn't have an effect on me mentally.

I'm just saying the higher up you are, it's harder to pull out of those close calls based purely on physics.

Back
Top Bottom