Nike Lebron 17

Theoretically, If I bought the game today, how long would it take to get to the playoffs? May just try to find someone to play it for me lol.

Some of this stuff is amazingly uninspired. Wow, a logo bubble and a tag. That's all that makes these "Uptempos"? I'm not a big LeBron shoe guy, but I am a big '90s Uptempo fan. If I were a LeBron 17 guy, this execution would do nothing to entice me to buy this pair. To me, it's like, either really do something or don't bother at all.

thats what I did lol grabbed the freaks that way n plan to grab these too

It’s going to be hard to grab them if I get the game. My wife and I are teachers and because the schools are closed, we have to teach from home. Throughout the week we’re in ZOOM meetings, lessons, Coaches meetings, making phone calls to students’ parents - all while trying to take care of our three kids (3 yr and twin 1 yr olds) and keep them entertained. Don’t know if there’s enough time in the day to get it done on that game lol.

Some of this stuff is amazingly uninspired. Wow, a logo bubble and a tag. That's all that makes these "Uptempos"? I'm not a big LeBron shoe guy, but I am a big '90s Uptempo fan. If I were a LeBron 17 guy, this execution would do nothing to entice me to buy this pair. To me, it's like, either really do something or don't bother at all.
Nah.
Those are 🔥:ď and I hate clear bubbles/soles.

20200416_100406.jpg

Couldn't pass for $100. They are pretty.
Where???

Lebron 18, what would you guys like to see material and tech wise?

1. No more Flyknit/battleknit, knitposite
Bring back the leathers.
2.No more inspired pairs.(we get it! Nike basketball legacy yada yada yada)
Bring new colorways that can be iconic in it's own light.
Facts

hit the nail right on the head. majority of the lebron watch 15's were pretty dead on, especially some of the PEs he wore (ie zoom generation, shox bb and even the yeezy). these upteampos and command force inspired 17's are doo doo.

Nike Flyleather
September 14, 2018
What is Nike Flyleather? 6

Nike Flyleather is made with at least 50 percent recylced natural leather fiber, and looks and feels like premium leather.
Nike Flyleather is a new super material — made with at least 50 percent recycled natural leather fiber — that has the potential to be as game-changing as Nike Flyknit.
Nike Flyleather was born out of a challenge to evolve leather into the performance material it once was—before the invention of advanced performance materials like engineered mesh and Flyknit. The key was to do so while still preserving the things people love about leather: the look, feel and even the smell.

Nike can definitely bring back the leathers on sigs, yes I understand lightweight materials like knit, and plastic fuse has been the wave for a while for light weight performance. The implementation of the leather can still be used if done right.

Please tell me the shroud is removable like the MTAA. Probably not, but holding out hope. Otherwise, not salty I can't cop at retail.

It’s going to be hard to grab them if I get the game. My wife and I are teachers and because the schools are closed, we have to teach from home. Throughout the week we’re in ZOOM meetings, lessons, Coaches meetings, making phone calls to students’ parents - all while trying to take care of our three kids (3 yr and twin 1 yr olds) and keep them entertained. Don’t know if there’s enough time in the day to get it done on that game lol.

With that schedule I'm surprised you even know what the concepts of entertainment and/or rest are. lol

Last edited:
Nike Flyleather
September 14, 2018
What is Nike Flyleather? 6

Nike Flyleather is made with at least 50 percent recylced natural leather fiber, and looks and feels like premium leather.
Nike Flyleather is a new super material — made with at least 50 percent recycled natural leather fiber — that has the potential to be as game-changing as Nike Flyknit.
Nike Flyleather was born out of a challenge to evolve leather into the performance material it once was—before the invention of advanced performance materials like engineered mesh and Flyknit. The key was to do so while still preserving the things people love about leather: the look, feel and even the smell.

Nike can definitely bring back the leathers on sigs, yes I understand lightweight materials like knit, and plastic fuse has been the wave for a while for light weight performance. The implementation of the leather can still be used if done right.
People thought the leather on those turbo green Jordan 1s was flyleather and if it’s anything like that keep that mess off the new brons

I think we’ll see LeBron playing in retros from time to time like he did with the 7s this year, and that removes a lot of the incentive to be too referential to previous shoes/materials on the new performance model.

Lebron 18, what would you guys like to see material and tech wise?

1. No more Flyknit/battleknit, knitposite
Bring back the leathers.
2.No more inspired pairs.(we get it! Nike basketball legacy yada yada yada)
Bring new colorways that can be iconic in it's own light.
I would just like to see him work with someone different than Jason Petrie. He knocked it out the park with the 15s but been playing it safe ever since. When Jason used to be on NT posting sketches he was inspired and now I think he is trying to appeal to Lebron too much...If Jason goes back to focusing on non signature shoes we will get Non-Lebron Heat.

I’m not dissing you Jason😂

even it you can remove the shroud, it looks like there's zebra stripes underneath. you can kind of see it in the last pic

Nah.
Those are 🔥:ď and I hate clear bubbles/soles.
I wasn’t making a judgment about whether or not they looked good. It’s the inspiration executions that have been lacking on this model, and these are no different. They’ve been throwing tongues on pairs and effectively calling that the inspiration. That’s all I was criticizing.

I wasn’t making a judgment about whether or not they looked good. It’s the inspiration executions that have been lacking on this model, and these are no different. They’ve been throwing tongues on pairs and effectively calling that the inspiration. That’s all I was criticizing.

This.

I would just like to see him work with someone different than Jason Petrie. He knocked it out the park with the 15s but been playing it safe ever since. When Jason used to be on NT posting sketches he was inspired and now I think he is trying to appeal to Lebron too much...If Jason goes back to focusing on non signature shoes we will get Non-Lebron Heat.

I’m not dissing you Jason😂
That’s his job, he has to appeal to Lebron’s wants and needs. No different from what Tinker did with Jordan. But I get what you’re saying, you want to see something more refreshing from a different designer.

I don’t mind the design of the last few LBJ models, and tech wise they’ve been great for me from a performance aspect. Just give us some better colorways and I’ll be happy

That’s his job, he has to appeal to Lebron’s wants and needs. No different from what Tinker did with Jordan. But I get what you’re saying, you want to see something more refreshing from a different designer.
True but I think there are better ideas and designs presented to Lebron and his team is pressing the design and killing his creativity.

im also a huge 90s uptempo fan. the air bubbles plus uppers with suede and leather. cant really go wrong with that setup.

they came up with the lebron watch series and slapped different kinds of overlays from other shoes. they maybe “inspired” but that hybrid thing they did was just a bit better than the jordan fusion line gimmick

For the 2k shoes is all you have to do is Have your myplayer on a playoff team, play their game Saturday, and win? Also anyone know what time we can start on Saturday

Back
Top Bottom