Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I think you've nailed it. Kobes/Protro's have a perfect court feel/cushion ratio. Just enough for lighter guards.

I struggle personally with a plush cushion, the energy return isn't as efficient and therefore you don't get that spring-back effect -- of course all of this happens in milli seconds, but the placebo effect and the way it translates to the brain means you'll feel more confident.

I have 3 pairs - Debuts, South Beast, Trinity.

Debuts and South Beast have been broken in and worn multiple times to multiple games and practices. I'm still in the process of breaking in the Trinitys.

Once broken in, I haven't really experienced any of those issues other people have experienced.

I'm not a big dude too - i'm a 5'10" 160lb guard. I love the shoes and they're the only shoe i've bought more than 2 pairs of since the Kobe 5 and 6 protros. I think forefoot cushioning is fine as it is. To me, these shoes aren't better than the Kobe 5/6 protros for what i prefer in a shoe, but they've been great so far.

I don't really think of them as Kobes tbh. Kobes to me have always nailed my preferred cushion/court feel ratio. These are have a bit more cushion and a bit less courtfeel than kobe's but it doesn't really bother me once it's broken in.

Maybe folks aren't used to breaking in shoes anymore, idk. But once the 20s are broken in, they're great performers imo.

I think you've nailed it. Kobes/Protro's have a perfect court feel/cushion ratio. Just enough for lighter guards.

I struggle personally with a plush cushion, the energy return isn't as efficient and therefore you don't get that spring-back effect -- of course all of this happens in milli seconds, but the placebo effect and the way it translates to the brain means you'll feel more confident.

I was just talking with my training partner about this. We are both about 6 foot 185 lbs and prefer Kobe’s for the combination of traction, cushion and court feel. He’s very shifty and his game is all about stopping on a dime and rising up into a true jumpshot / fadeaway, think like Devin booker or Zach Lavine type shooter who actually jumps.

Meanwhile I’m more of a 6 foot power forward type who likes to shoot face up 3s , set screens and roll hard to the paint 🤣 so lebrons work much better for me than him. They also make me 2 inches taller which helps for rebounding lol

Been a busy, and expensive week lol.

These total oranges could've been a "what if" colorway. Bright as hell but fun. I think I'm keeping them.

Immanuel Quickly of the Knicks is wearing them tonight vs the Rockets.

16799664969423128558852913657223.jpg
IMG_20230327_211820.jpg

So what’s dropping next month? The black/ gold or the uninterrupted pair?I’m seeing both of them for 4/6/23 & both for 6/4/23

Wore the All stars today on the court but didn’t take any pics.

The discounted hibbett pair just arrived , but I think I’m just gonna return that new pair to Nike because I don’t feel like going through the break in process again lol. Also the little leather heel patches on the hibbett are a bit off in terms of alignment. I’ve noticed that happening on some of my pairs in the past too.

Back
Top Bottom