Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I was thinking Jimmy John’s more myself lol

I feel you. I will say I do like the feel of the Nxxt more on court TBH.
you've worn both and broken in both on court? any quick comparisons and why you prefer the NXXT?

South Beast restock on NDC but a lot of sizes gone already (apparently restocked 10 mins ago). For my 13gangers, nothin there.
Yeah I had it in my cart for a size 9 but I let it go.
Decided a part of me wanted that color because it’s relatively rare. In reality I really don’t like it.

I’m torn between asw vs stocking stuffer though

I was thinking Jimmy John’s more myself lol

I feel you. I will say I do like the feel of the Nxxt more on court TBH.
I actually prefer the nxxt’s too. Really like how it’s more low to the ground and more responsive from my experience comparing them to my debuts xx’s. To me out of the box the xx’s takes the cake, like that first step in comfort pretty much covers/checks what I like in a shoe the only thing is it’s higher off the ground and the nxxt on the other hand plays quick but it needs to be broken in…just my two cents. Both are really good bball shoes can’t go wrong with any version. I really like this colorway debating if I should grab it now or wait for it to go lower on ndc.

IMG_6756.jpeg

Got my Light Orewood NXXT today. Just love the simple colorblocking. My fav CW of the NXXT.

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg
right there with you R. I’ll grab them on disco.

IMG_6756.jpeg

Got my Light Orewood NXXT today. Just love the simple colorblocking. My fav CW of the NXXT.

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg
Tried these on at Richard's yesterday and couldn't pull the trigger. I laced them like I would if I was hooping and there was too much lace pressure on my ankle bone (damn skinny ankles).

Much more room in the toe box in these than the regular XXs. I also think they run a little longer than XXs. I had some regular socks on (not thick Elite type) and half size down fit nicely. Not sure if Elites would still feel good half size down but I think after breaking in they'd still be fine. Mind you, I prefer my shoes on the snug side.

Tried these on at Richard's yesterday and couldn't pull the trigger. I laced them like I would if I was hooping and there was too much lace pressure on my ankle bone (damn skinny ankles).

Much more room in the toe box in these than the regular XXs. I also think they run a little longer than XXs. I had some regular socks on (not thick Elite type) and half size down fit nicely. Not sure if Elites would still feel good half size down but I think after breaking in they'd still be fine. Mind you, I prefer my shoes on the snug side.
Roomy toe box sounds great for my Mongolian feet. 🤣

Leg day with the best XX colorway:
tempImage0mIDyj.jpg

Went to The Athlete's Foot in the mall over here today and they had this colorway in.

Largest size was a 13 so I decided to give them a try since 14 in LeBron have been a smidge too long length wise for me the last few years.

They were fine length but a bit tight in the midfoot due to my voluptuous feet.

Wish more shoes game in 13.5.

That aside it is indeed a nice colorway; love the hits of gold throughout the upper.

Went to The Athlete's Foot in the mall over here today and they had this colorway in.

Largest size was a 13 so I decided to give them a try since 14 in LeBron have been a smidge too long length wise for me the last few years.

They were fine length but a bit tight in the midfoot due to my voluptuous feet.

Wish more shoes game in 13.5.

That aside it is indeed a nice colorway; love the hits of gold throughout the upper.

I wish more shoes came in a 13.5 too. I'd have some AM97s for sure :lol:

Returned some 13.5 Kyries a few years ago and the lady at the store was like "What?!?!?" lol. It was like returning a unicorn to a horse store.

I still am surprised to not have seen anything wondering if the xx's factored into Lebron's foot tendon injury given all the people that reported foot pain with this shoe. I played in my XX's a few times, well more like shot around, and then put some shoe stretchers in them for twice the recommended time, then took them out. A day later I went and played in them and there was zero difference 😆

Sent em back. I'd gotten a discount on them too.

I wish more shoes came in a 13.5 too. I'd have some AM97s for sure :lol:

Returned some 13.5 Kyries a few years ago and the lady at the store was like "What?!?!?" lol. It was like returning a unicorn to a horse store.

I still am surprised to not have seen anything wondering if the xx's factored into Lebron's foot tendon injury given all the people that reported foot pain with this shoe. I played in my XX's a few times, well more like shot around, and then put some shoe stretchers in them for twice the recommended time, then took them out. A day later I went and played in them and there was zero difference 😆

Sent em back. I'd gotten a discount on them too.
Foot pain is multifactorial and difficult to definitively study. Normal people understand remarkably little about their own feet, let alone what would be causing their pain. Blaming a shoe for a soft tissue injury in an aging high-level athlete, in a league where soft tissue injuries occur at a high frequency, based on conjecture, would probably be irresponsible.

I'm also surprised someone hasn't jumped out the window and blamed the shoes.

Foot pain is multifactorial and difficult to definitively study. Normal people understand remarkably little about their own feet, let alone what would be causing their pain. Blaming a shoe for a soft tissue injury in an aging high-level athlete, in a league where soft tissue injuries occur at a high frequency, based on conjecture, would probably be irresponsible.

I'm also surprised someone hasn't jumped out the window and blamed the shoes.

Yeah I get it. But at the same time I was here for all the reports of foot pain and injuries when guys started playing in these. So to have a guy that plays world-class level sports in them have foot pain/injury...well it's not rocket surgery :lol:

Yes, correlation isn't causation but I just don't have the luxury of effing around and finding out. I tried em, had the discomfort after trying various things, I'm out.

But I realized a few years back that Nike/JB's stuff typically either works for a person or doesn't. KD's work for a lot of dudes even though they are narrow. The 12s were so rough on my feet I had pain for like 4 or 5 days and even though I played well in that initial wear I haven't touched them since. Don't work for my foot/knees. Had the 10s too, same thing. Meanwhile Kyries are narrow but work for my foot/arch type. So I'd gotten that 13.5 in them but realized I could wear a 13 in those so I got a few of those and like them. Course then the mans went full on nutso and made me facepalm but moving on.

Just about trying each new shoe and seeing if it works for you. I can't stand Russell Westbrook because of the way he plays. But his feet and my feet must be similar because I've found success with some of the why notes and one takes.

Anyway, it was a simple "Oh guys have reported injuries and foot pain with the lebron xx ever since they came out", and then seeing the main guy who wears them, wind up with those same issues. I'm not going to wait for the peer reviewed journal articles before I put 2 and 2 together, but everybody has to make their own calculations. There have been SO many reports of guys saying this was the best performance shoe for them in years and reporting no issues. So I guess it works for their foot type! Didn't work for mine. Good luck!

Yeah I get it. But at the same time I was here for all the reports of foot pain and injuries when guys started playing in these. So to have a guy that plays world-class level sports in them have foot pain/injury...well it's not rocket surgery :lol:

Yes, correlation isn't causation but I just don't have the luxury of effing around and finding out. I tried em, had the discomfort after trying various things, I'm out.

But I realized a few years back that Nike/JB's stuff typically either works for a person or doesn't. KD's work for a lot of dudes even though they are narrow. The 12s were so rough on my feet I had pain for like 4 or 5 days and even though I played well in that initial wear I haven't touched them since. Don't work for my foot/knees. Had the 10s too, same thing. Meanwhile Kyries are narrow but work for my foot/arch type. So I'd gotten that 13.5 in them but realized I could wear a 13 in those so I got a few of those and like them. Course then the mans went full on nutso and made me facepalm but moving on.

Just about trying each new shoe and seeing if it works for you. I can't stand Russell Westbrook because of the way he plays. But his feet and my feet must be similar because I've found success with some of the why notes and one takes.

Anyway, it was a simple "Oh guys have reported injuries and foot pain with the lebron xx ever since they came out", and then seeing the main guy who wears them, wind up with those same issues. I'm not going to wait for the peer reviewed journal articles before I put 2 and 2 together, but everybody has to make their own calculations. There have been SO many reports of guys saying this was the best performance shoe for them in years and reporting no issues. So I guess it works for their foot type! Didn't work for mine. Good luck!
Finding the right fit is definitely the most important thing to me. That’s what I miss most about Kobe’s, they just fit my feet well.

Might try out the freak 4s since they are a lot wider in shape than the 20s.

What specifically about the 20s hurt your feet? For me it was the narrower toe box and the initial feeling of something digging into my arch before the foam breaks in. The breakin process was pretty uncomfortable for me and lasted probably 8-10 hours but now they feel better.

Finding the right fit is definitely the most important thing to me. That’s what I miss most about Kobe’s, they just fit my feet well.

Might try out the freak 4s since they are a lot wider in shape than the 20s.

What specifically about the 20s hurt your feet? For me it was the narrower toe box and the initial feeling of something digging into my arch before the foam breaks in. The breakin process was pretty uncomfortable for me and lasted probably 8-10 hours but now they feel better.
Midfoot area pain. Just felt tight. I have wide feet. Not ridiculously wide, but wide. Some shoes are a "no" from jump. I got that "money" colorway of the Kawhi's about a year ago and put those on my feet and it was like half my foot was in a shoe and the other half on a 2x4. Went back so fast. I thought I could break these in but no dice. I have a pair of Zion 2s that I'm going to try to break in but those are even worse. With most of the shoes I ball in, I can get my foot into them in a regular sock but its uncomfortable. With those I can't even get my foot in unless I have the socks I play in on, which are thinner. The struggle is real :lol:

I have wide feet and I find that going up a 1/2 size in the Lebron XX works for me. I had to make some alterations though, like wearing an orthotic and adding an extra lace hole by the ankle. Didn't Lebron get injured in the NXXTs?

Back
Top Bottom