Nike Lebron 9 Retro

The current outrageous prices on the resale tip is just a sign of the times we’re living in: Everything is insane right now. These retro Brons typically pre sale for really high and then tank after resale so don’t worry fellas but I don’t see these going below their MSRP when it’s all said and done. Good luck to those who truly want these.

I feel like it's only to be like the SB8s all over again. Those were arguably the most sought for LeBrons during the 2010's. I pulled the resale trigger about a month or two on a Euro pair via STX before the US 2021 release. I could've saved about $150 if I had waited a couple of months. You live, and you learn.

For me it was an automatic cop until the 240 price point. Playoffs 12 will be cop, but not these. Here in Europe, we got the WTT for 200€ retail, and now Nike charge us 40€ more for these. I pass

For me it was an automatic cop until the 240 price point. Playoffs 12 will be cop, but not these. Here in Europe, we got the WTT for 200€ retail, and now Nike charge us 40€ more for these. I pass
Nike raised the 12s to $210, you draw the line at $20 relative to the price of the shoes when they both was last released? Just curious, in all seriousness.

Nike raised the 12s to $210, you draw the line at $20 relative to the price of the shoes when they both was last released? Just curious, in all seriousness.

It’s a $70 difference for these compared to 10 years ago & they’ve released two additional pairs at $40 & $60 over the original amount.

The only minor justification I can give is their prices across the board saw a $5-10 hike at the beginning of the year. If the WTT was intended to be a 2021 pair & priced that way while these got hit with the price hike then MAYBE, but only if they’re doing something dumb like charging a $30 premium on all original colors compared to new Colorways like the “south coast” or whatever those are called

I have a small feeling the retros were intended to be $200 for new colors & $230 for “hyped” colors, but since they were all delayed now Nike’s going though this weird price situation we’re seeing play out.

All that said, I’m reluctantly in on big bangs because this was the 1 original 9 that escaped my hands smh, but $240 is a steep pill to swallow & I’m not doing that for too many of these retros

It’s a $70 difference for these compared to 10 years ago & they’ve released two additional pairs at $40 & $60 over the original amount.

The only minor justification I can give is their prices across the board saw a $5-10 hike at the beginning of the year. If the WTT was intended to be a 2021 pair & priced that way while these got hit with the price hike then MAYBE, but only if they’re doing something dumb like charging a $30 premium on all original colors compared to new Colorways like the “south coast” or whatever those are called

I have a small feeling the retros were intended to be $200 for new colors & $230 for “hyped” colors, but since they were all delayed now Nike’s going though this weird price situation we’re seeing play out.

All that said, I’m reluctantly in on big bangs because this was the 1 original 9 that escaped my hands smh, but $240 is a steep pill to swallow & I’m not doing that for too many of these retros
I get what you're saying but what I meant was nike also raised the price by $40 on the payoff 12s since they were last released. He said the playoff 12s was a cop, that's why I made the comment about $20, should've said 30. Everything you said can apply to the 12s, js has incrementally increased every year with some having poor quality & lesser tech but retro 1 price increases lag other retros. Lebron's are far from poor quality & lesser tech imo

Last edited:
Resellers def choose no on those polls regardless, cause then it makes people thing they are attainable and they are more likely to rage cop after the drop and they strike out.

I understand your point. In Europe, the 12s still at 200, not 210. The thing is, every Nike retros are at 190-200 retail in Europe now, except foams and some collab like OW, it can be 225 or more. So yes if you compare to 2012, a Black Red 4 was 160 and now 200, 10 years ago. But as I said, we got the WTT 9 for 200€ retail, just 2 months ago… And now they charge 40€ more for no reason.

I feel like it's only to be like the SB8s all over again. Those were arguably the most sought for LeBrons during the 2010's. I pulled the resale trigger about a month or two on a Euro pair via STX before the US 2021 release. I could've saved about $150 if I had waited a couple of months. You live, and you learn.
Prob the biggest lesson I learned in 2020 is to wait things out. I got many of the 8s at retail, and a couple that I paid resale on I could of got even cheaper had I waited it out a bit. I got into Kangaroos last year too and same thing, had I waited it out I would've saved quite a bit of money as all the ones I bought not only went on sale, but when the vendors in Europe ran a site wide sale, it was eligible on the already nicely discounted prices. The Kangaroos i bought were actually limited sneakers (most are 400 pairs total or less on thier limited production stuff) and even at that my size was available down the road for nicely discounted prices. I even think this goes for hyped shoes like J1s and Dunks. Wait a bit after the release there is always a desperate reseller to move a pair. I've decided I'm not even gonna try for the BB until a few months passes. There will definitely be someone trying to offload a pair. This whole internet and social media hype has us thinking we need it now or else we are missing out. The way I look at things now is I can wait til I find a good deal that is better for me.

Last edited:
Lebrons always fall in price. There are maybe a handful of exceptions.

You think they'll release Elite 9s?

Think these could slip under the radar this week

With everything dropping in a span of 2-3 days

Also curious on sizing with these new 9s. Can anyone who has both the 2022 9s and 2020/21 8s compare the two sizing-wise? I have the 8s in a size 12 and it’s a nice, loose fit. Could maybe do 11.5 in the 8s but didn’t want to risk it since I initially got size 11 (my typical size in ball shoes) but was unwearably tight. Thinking between 11.5 and 12 in the 9s.

Also curious on sizing with these new 9s. Can anyone who has both the 2022 9s and 2020/21 8s compare the two sizing-wise? I have the 8s in a size 12 and it’s a nice, loose fit. Could maybe do 11.5 in the 8s but didn’t want to risk it since I initially got size 11 (my typical size in ball shoes) but was unwearably tight. Thinking between 11.5 and 12 in the 9s.
Not the same shoe at all can’t compared because 8 V1’s and V2’s fit different and 9’s have the padding on the ankle for stability making them completely different fits. I have had OG’s in both 8’s and 9’s. OG 8 V1’s ran 1/2 size small to me but OG 9’s were TTS. Retro 9’s run 1/2 to full size small to me so I would try some on before buying will be the only way for YOU to know how they will fit YOU

Back
Top Bottom