Nike LeBron IV Retro

IMG_2030.jpeg
IMG_2028.jpeg
2 pairs

I’ve seen a fair amount of people on IG complain Nike is ruining grails by releasing these. I’d much rather have my grail than fantasize about it.

I’d argue that if Nike actually released the colorways Bron wore on the court as he wore them, most of which have been PE’s, the line would be much more popular than it is now…You look at Michael Jordan, who mainly wore shoes that people could actually buy, and the success of Jordan Brand is undeniable…People can look back at MJ’s career highlights and associate them with a pair of shoes he was wearing, remember how they had those shoes at the time, then go out and buy a retro because they want to relive that vibe…It was so successful that Jordan Brand is the modern equivalent of the Converse All Star in that the generations who experienced the shoes originally have passed that love down to a generation of people who never even saw Michael Jordan play, and now that generation is passing it down to another generation…

With Lebron we all say ~I wish Nike had released that pair~ because they were never released in the first place…

From the beginning they should’ve either had Bron in mainly GR colorways, or actually released the PE’s to the public…As it stands, and as much as I’m loving that they’re dropping these PE’s, they waited far too long to get it done and the line suffers for it…People don’t have that visceral connection because they weren’t wearing what Lebron was wearing at the time…

Last edited:
Jordan also play in the league where the shoes HAD to be uniformed based and couldn’t deviate away from that like they do now. If MJ had that available to him when he played, you could almost guarantee the same thing would have happened with him. Jordan also didn’t release nearly the number of different colorways per signature model that they do now either.

Last edited:
I’d argue that if Nike actually released the colorways Bron wore on the court as he wore them, most of which have been PE’s, the line would be much more popular than it is now…You look at Michael Jordan, who mainly wore shoes that people could actually buy, and the success of Jordan Brand is undeniable…People can look back at MJ’s career highlights and associate them with a pair of shoes he was wearing, remember how they had those shoes at the time, then go out and buy a retro because they want to relive that vibe…It was so successful that Jordan Brand is the modern equivalent of the Converse All Star in that the generations who experienced the shoes originally have passed that love down to a generation of people who never even saw Michael Jordan play, and now that generation is passing it down to another generation…

With Lebron we all say ~I wish Nike had released that pair~ because they were never released in the first place…

From the beginning they should’ve either had Bron in mainly GR colorways, or actually released the PE’s to the public…As it stands, and as much as I’m loving that they’re dropping these PE’s, they waited far too long to get it done and the line suffers for it…People don’t have that visceral connection because they weren’t wearing what Lebron was wearing at the time…
Perfect example was Lebron watch the year and a half they did it

I agree with all this because that's what I've been feeling and thinking for years about how signature shoe lines should be handled.

Nike did it right with Jordan's shoes because the ones he wore were available for fans/consumers.

Nike went backwards with LeBron's signature line with the latter models by not releasing the ones he wore. The latter models released to the public were mostly divergent colors he didn't wear.

I really don't get why they deviated from how they released colors that LeBron wore to the public when he was with the Cavaliers & Heat. They seemed to release the divergent colors during his second stint with the Cavs.

I agree with vegetaray123 vegetaray123 .
I honestly just don't feel they are releasing the right ones & not doing the right assortment & numbers. Like mentioned, they are not meant for this generation of buyers & they should be.

For example, for the Gold 2's. That was something I always wanted and hunted as a sample collector. But i'm sure only like 20 people total including myself were even aware they existed. So that was a puzzling drop to me. A gold shoe, that is not something that can be worn daily, that no one cares about & you make a ton of them, when you don't even drop people's favorite color way which is the Black/Red?

PO

Sneaker politics has them up early but I need that disco.

Yeah at that retail price midas whale try for the Anthracites since they're the same price.

The IVs are more likely to be available down the road than the Anthracites especially for us big footed people.

Back
Top Bottom