Nike Lebron VII PS POP REVIEW

Hi guys this is my review on the Nike Lebron VII PS review in the POP colorway.  I got these yesterday from eastbay and couldnt wait another second to lace them up.  To give a little background I am 5' 10" and about 205 (yes I know I'm thick).  My game is very mid range based as far as shooting, and I love the post.  Mostly fundamentals.  And on the defensive end I am very sticky and I play the drive.

My first impression as I laced them up was wow, they run a little big.  I read that the Air Max VII ran big but I didnt think that it would translate too much into the PS.  Anyway i grabbed an extra thick pair of socks to double up and that initially fixed the problem.  As I was doing some little jumps and some lunges I noticed that you need to lace these up all the way to get a nice secure fit.  Doing some quick small sprints I immediately felt how plush the cushioning was and how nice the inner lining is.  The ankle collar was nice and almost felt silky, it almost felt like it wrapped around my ankle and was very comfy. The cushioning was really responsive and not too squishy. 

Now on to the courts.  Warming up there was nothing out of the ordinary as far as being superior or inferior in any way.  I did start to feel how the flywire uppers tend to fold funny on my feet but it didnt really bother me.  As we started to play harder I felt the herringbone traction give me all that I wanted in terms of grip.  They did not feel stiff at all when I was on the court.  The lateral stability was maybe a little above average at best, during some cuts I felt a little nervous about it giving in a little bit but after some more play I dont think it will be a huge issue.  As the games went on I had felt that my feet werent drenched in sweat and there still was some breathability out of them.  The ankle collar still felt nice and luxurious.  The issues I did have with them was the ankle support.  They decided to go with an asymmetrical ankle and had the shoe been a little more low to the ground like the AJ XIV I think it would have been a good choice.  That definitely felt like the least stable part of the shoe.  Moving on the out of box playability was there the shoes didnt need very long to break in and I will update this the more I play in them.  Overall they felt light and like some will built basketball shoes.

Pros: Cushioning, weight, lacing system, traction, comfort, out of box playability and overall aesthetics.

Cons: Initial lockdown, ankle support (because it feels too high off the ground), lateral stability

Sidenote: some of the things I listed in the cons could be because I got my true size, I found them to be a little big and it may have helped for me to go a half size smaller.

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!

Nice review. I agree with just about all of your review.
Differences for me are:
- I found ankle support to be just fine when laced all the way up (I didn't find the shoes to be too far off the ground).
- The lateral stability was very good for me. I've had better (e.g., Kobe Vs), but it's still very good.
- These are true to size for me.

Maybe I should have posted my review here instead of in the other topic. Oh well.
wink.gif

Heel lockdown is great when you lace them all the way up. So much better than the AM VIIs.

Yeah your foot is very much in there once they are laced all the way up.  Good court feel if you like a lot of cushion. 

Tried these on yesterday.

- I say go down half a size. I usually wear sz10, but for these the 9.5 felt great.
- The cushioning set up was on point. Forefoot was very responsive and heel gave good impact protection.
- The fit and lockdown is one of the best I have ever felt. They really fixed the heel cup fit compared the the AM VII's, it's pretty amazing how good it is. Innerbooty and Fywire hug your feet, and ankle support is perfect.

The thing that prevented me from purchasing it is the fact that the heel rolled very easily. For those of you who have the shoe, pretend to roll your ankle at the heel and let me know if you guys feel it too. Maybe its just me. I think its because the outsole of the heel is rounded so it rolls easy. The forefoot stability was good because the outrigger, but because I have bad ankles, the heel stability was scary to me.

Other than that, I can tell that this shoe is a straight performer. Maybe I'll just use them with braces lol

I just bought the Lebron VII PS (the ones look like the conords), and I was disappointed with the fit. I actually prefer the Kobe Vs over them. Hopefully after some runs, I may feel differently. This is more to say how good the Kobe Vs are than anything else.

i was thinking about getting these, as much as i hate the VII's these looks less bulky and look like they perform well.

Just copped these and tried them on and was like "These feel good, but ..."
then I swapped out the corny red insole for my Sofsole Airr, and now they are AMAZING!!!

Hello there. What shoe were you previously playing in and how would you compare The P.O. to it? Have you played in the 7?

I ran  fewgames with the PS POP the other day. These are my early impressions.

They feel like a cross between the Kobe V and Jordan XIX SE
laugh.gif

Let me explain...They feel like they have 90 pct of the running shoe feeling you get with the Kobe V. This is what I mean....The one thing I notice when I play in the Kobe Vs is that I feel like sprinting up the floor because of the way it wraps around your foot. The PS feels like the Jordan XIX SE  because it has a similar heel cushioning setup.Its not double stacked like the XIX SE but its feels larger than Hyperdunk and the Kobe IV Zoom setup.

Originally Posted by madore

Hello there. What shoe were you previously playing in and how would you compare The P.O. to it? Have you played in the 7?
My rotation consists of the Lebron VI, Soldier III, Kobe V and these right now.  Outdoors I have the Kobe I and Air Force 25.  All in all the cushioning is most similar to the Lebron VI, the weight is around the same as the Soldier III, the fit I'd say is very similar to the Hyperdunk, the stability kind of like the Hyperize, and the response mostly like the the Kobe V.  The top loaded zoom makes it feel like the Kobe V in the forefoot, but the giant zoom bag in the heel makes it a good landing.  The major thing I don't like is how high it feels of the ground in the heel, but thats about it

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Torn between these and the AM Lebron VII as my next balling shoe.

How big are you?

210 and over-Air Max version

Under 210- PS version

I although I'm 270. I prefer the PS version because the Air Max version takes so long to break in.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I ran  fewgames with the PS POP the other day. These are my early impressions.

They feel like a cross between the Kobe V and Jordan XIX SE
laugh.gif

Let me explain...They feel like they have 90 pct of the running shoe feeling you get with the Kobe V. This is what I mean....The one thing I notice when I play in the Kobe Vs is that I feel like sprinting up the floor because of the way it wraps around your foot. The PS feels like the Jordan XIX SE  because it has a similar heel cushioning setup.Its not double stacked like the XIX SE but its feels larger than Hyperdunk and the Kobe IV Zoom setup.
I know it sounds funny, but I agree with Mister Friendly on this one. This shoe is kind of like a hybrid of the Kobe V and XIX SE. You get the amazing traction and cushioning of the XIX SE (without the mushy feeling) with fit, court feel, and solid heel-to-toe transition close to (but not quite) that of the Kobe V. These are really great shoes and the favorite shoe in my rotation (7 PS, XIX SE, Kobe V, Soldier III, XX3, Jordan 2010).

I've played in the AM VII and hated them. The cushioning never broke in for me and fit, stability, and court feel were sub par for my needs. I know some people love them, but I'm not one of them.

How big are you?

Under 210- PS version

I although I'm 270. I prefer the PS version because the Air Max version takes so long to break in.
Probably around 6'2, 200 these days. I have the AM 7's right now, but haven't worn them yet outside of walking around the house a little. Probably will return them for the PS version to play ball in...

How big are you?

Under 210- PS version

Probably around 6'2, 200 these days. I have the AM 7's right now, but haven't worn them yet outside of walking around the house a little. Probably will return them for the PS version to play ball in...

Do you feel the Air Max version is really stiff?

I think that the Air Max version feels stiff out of the box, but I heard that once it's broken in that it's actually quite nice.

I believe it's IFF the max air breaks in they are nice. Some people have complained about them never fully breaking. I've had two pairs that I could not get to fully break in and get that "nice" cushioning.

Just balled in these yesterday and here are my thoughts:
1. The shoe feels waaaay better than the VII (air max)
2. Had some weird flexing of the flywire at first, but it went away after a short time playing
3. The zoom feels really good especially under the forefoot
4. Traction was also really good (not as good as the XXI's those were the GOAT)
5. Shoes felt light and responsive
6. The patent leather took a beating, but basically buffed right out. They used quality materials and construction on these.
Reminds me of what Jordans WERE like in the 90's.

Solid shoe to add to your rotation.

Back
Top Bottom