Nike Lebron VII PS POP REVIEW

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

Originally Posted by l8bloomer11

I still have that weird flexing in the flywire upper
Glad to hear that I am not the only one who experienced this.
This.

And for the life of me, I couldn't get a good lockdown fit to save my life.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

This.

ohwell.gif

You are actually locked down its just feels different because the way the shoe is cut. It gives you ankle flexibility like a Kobe IV or Kobe V.

Are you wearing the right size? I've noticed subpar midfoot support from other flywire shoes when I tried a 1/2 size too big. The PSes are true to size for me, so my normal 10 fits great and give me great lockdown.

I know that I have the correct size, I actually tried on an 11, 11.5, and size 12 to make sure...I like the feeling that I get when I can lace my shoes up really tight, so far that's where this shoe is lacking imo.

I don't think they are bad shoes by any means, but maybe they'll get better after more wearings.

Too bad it wasn't just a sizing problem. Hopefully they do get better after more wearings.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

This.

ohwell.gif
I have a weird flexing in my left shoe. Was going to post a review but someone beat me to it.

The funny thing is that I switched out my right shoe with another set at the store because of some glue on the swoosh.

The overall quality of the shoe is beautiful. A lot of small features all over the shoe worthy of a sig.

The flexing hasn't gone away after 5 hours of ball. I also hate tying these too tight, and it doesn't get any better when you do that. I also hate that on my left one the seem of the inner bootie is visible through the flywire, but isn't on my right one. So I have this black line going across the inside of the shoe, which freaked me out at first because I thought it was a long scuff. Either way I already have some Patent that chipped/burned off from some toe drag during some play. Still a good shoe. I was surprised that these run a little larger than my Kobe V.

[Updated review]
The flexing hasn't really gone away. I thought it did until I played in them again and felt it. It's weird, but not annoying enough to make me hate the shoe or anything. I also wear a 10 and the shoe didn't really lock my foot down until I swapped in my sofsole airr (I know I always talk about them
laugh.gif
) which are thicker than the original insole, which raised my foot and took up more space in the shoe. That fixed the lockdown problem! I did experience a mean heal bruise in these with the regular insole, but I did come down awarkly though which I'm sure did not help the situation any. Traction also did improve since my first few wearings.

first post in NT.woot!

for those of you who have played extensively.are these durable?compared to kobe iv or v?(sorry if it's the kobe shoes,coz that's currently my bball shoe rotation) TIA.

Originally Posted by rockinRoad

first post in NT.woot!

for those of you who have played extensively.are these durable?compared to kobe iv or v?(sorry if it's the kobe shoes,coz that's currently my bball shoe rotation) TIA.
I have both in my rotation and so far they are both holding up fine.  I cant tell if or when they might start tearing up but they still both are holding up very well.

so do these fit like the a max version (run big) or are these true to size.... Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

so do these fit like the a max version (run big) or are these true to size.... Thanks in advance

True for me, but I have wide feet though.

I bought some of those sof air insoles, but I don't like the way they change the feel of the shoe from a low profile to almost an airmax type of feel

about how long should i wear these for before I run in em. looking at a couple hours to kind of break in the zoom bags. hoping to break out my navys tomorrow.

My black/white/reds were just fine after 1.5 hrs of lifting in them and then shooting around for 15 minutes....

How's the insole (sockliner) in these shoes?  Are they like the standard thickness insoles or the slightly thicker ones? 

Standard thickness and they are perforated to make them lighter. I don't really like them. I've put in some aftermarket ones with better arch support that aren't much thicker. That way I still get good court feel and stability....

Ok here is my feelings on the VII PS after about a month in them.  First off they are for sure broken in.  The weird flywire flexing I have experienced is still not gone all the way, and I doubt it will go away because the flywire upper isnt really pliable like normal material.  The flexing still doesnt bother me.  The cushioning is just not as responsive as I would have expected a high end shoe and all in all I wouldnt say a disappointment but with all the technology involved with these it just didnt seem like a must have hoopin shoe.

Pros: zoom heel, weight, breathability, lacing system, traction, general aesthetic.

Cons: fit (they were a little big), lockdown (just not tight enough), weird flexing, forefoot responsiveness.

Lateral stability was par as well as the heel to toe transition, nothing wow about them

off topic but does anyone have the review for the Lebron VII low ? The one with the air max unit at the heel

For reference, i'm guard who does a lot of running up and down the court.
I got the black/red/white PS on sale in the PI equivalent to about 95$. I normally wear a size 10 but went down to 9.5 for this shoe. On to the review...

Cushioning: They are stiff but I had no knee pains after a couple of pick-up games. I guess I just don't feel the cushion as much but they are there.

Traction: Excellent. I don't slip. I can stop and go as I please.

Lockdown: This is the disappointment for me. I went half a size down, doubled my socks, laced them really tight but not all the way to the top and I still can't get a very secure fit. My toes were squeezing against the toebox causing painful blisters.

HTH
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom