Nike Lunar Roam

Got these for the gym and they don’t disappoint. Idk why I was so surprised about how light they are. I went TTS but could’ve probably gotten away with half a size down. Don’t regret these at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 224
Well boys, it finally happened today. I went to the local outlet with expectations at an all time low. I walked to the hash wall, and these puppies were looking back right back at me with delight. I haven’t scored anything like this at an outlet in years. The last time I can actually think of a shoe I wanted so badly, in my size, at the outlet was when I got the HTM LD Zeros shortly after Air Max Day in 2016.

The kicker was that these were in my TTS size and 30% off retail. $114.98 out the door. :smokin

IMG_2240.jpeg

Well boys, it finally happened today. I went to the local outlet with expectations at an all time low. I walked to the hash wall, and these puppies were looking back right back at me with delight. I haven’t scored anything like this at an outlet in years. The last time I can actually think of a shoe I wanted so badly, in my size, at the outlet was when I got the HTM LD Zeros shortly after Air Max Day in 2016.

The kicker was that these were in my TTS size and 30% off retail. $114.98 out the door. :smokin

IMG_2240.jpeg
Must be a return unless there were more sizes

All these pics have me needing these lol. Hate to have to go the resale route but looking like that’s the only move. Smh.

JS”

Not sold on these yet... They look like a beefed up OG Lunaracer with its features more accentuated. Plus, I still have the OGs and several other Lunar models stored up lol

21mercer_lunaracer-1.jpg

For fun: My favorite Lunar models (non-Flyknit)
- Lunaracer 3
- LunarEclipse
- LunarTrainer 1
- LunarGlide 3

Stopped by AMM and scooped up a size 9 with the 15% discount.
Last one left.
DC tax reamed me though, $137 out the door.

I wore them around all day yesterday. Overall, I’d give them a 4/5.

The upper was very stiff when I first put them on, but they softened a little bit throughout the day. Another downside of the upper is it does not breathe at all. Not terrible if wearing it in the winter, but certainly not fantastic if it’s toasty outside. The upper isn’t as plush as the old school racers.

I’d say the midsole isn’t as cushioned as a lunaracer of old, however they offer great all day comfort.

They decided to stitch in a label on the insole… which only adds to some of the slight awkwardness….
IMG_2282.jpeg

Last thing, the shoe laces kept coming untied for me, so I think I’m going to have to double knot them.

I do really like the shoe and I’ll be wearing it a lot this winter. However, I feel like they could make some small improvements here and there.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on them! After reading through, I'll pass on these and just stick with my OG LR3s / Flyknit Uppered X LR Hybrids, which I haven't worn in YEARS.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on them! After reading through, I'll pass on these and just stick with my OG LR3s / Flyknit Uppered X LR Hybrids, which I haven't worn in YEARS.
Yeah, the shoes aren't anything special. Comfort wise mainly, it's not anything that really stands out.
That being said, as my first Lunar Roam shoes, I have no regrets.
Really digging the look.

So is this the exact same type of lunar foam? Aesthetically I liked lunar (once it stopped being all volt) but for my 210ish pound frame at the time, it wasn't great under foot. I had the lunar tempo 2 and lunarglide 7 when I worked at finishline and they made us wear shoes that we had in stock. Casually and for running, I felt myself sinking in and not bouncing back like I would with some pegasus and zoom.

Curious to know if it's the same feel this time around

So is this the exact same type of lunar foam? Aesthetically I liked lunar (once it stopped being all volt) but for my 210ish pound frame at the time, it wasn't great under foot. I had the lunar tempo 2 and lunarglide 7 when I worked at finishline and they made us wear shoes that we had in stock. Casually and for running, I felt myself sinking in and not bouncing back like I would with some pegasus and zoom.

Curious to know if it's the same feel this time around

Just got my pair in. I have worn them around the house and the best way to explain this shoe would be a Nike basketball product that was once intended for the courts that is later retro'd through NSW for casual. Same look but the feel is much different once you get them on foot.

This shoe completely lacks that instant, squishy step in comfort that the OG Lunar provided. Now is the comfort bad, absolutely not and if you had never worn a pair of OG Lunar models you probably couldn't even tell the difference.

In your case, speficially, this shoe might be better because it doesn't have that 'sinking and bouncing' feel. The midsole / Lunar is much firmer but don't expect any kind of snap back or 'bouncy' feedback like Zoom Air or ZoomX give.

Back
Top Bottom