Nike Lunarcharge Thread: Wide release 02/04/17

I also wanted to add that the cushioning on the Lunarepic is much better than the cushioning on the Lunarcharge. Even though they both claim to have the same midsole, the Lunarepic midsole feels like a premium version of the Lunarcharge midsole which just feels cheap in comparison. I believe it has something to do with the continuous medial and lateral full length deep laser siping on both sides of the Lunarepic midsole that make it softer and more cushioned. The Lunarcharge does not have the same laser siping but only has the cut out of ‘NIKE’ on only one side of the midsole which is not very deep at all. You get much more compression with the Lunarepic midsole than the Lunarcharge midsole which makes it feel much more comfortable, soft, and cushy feeling. The Lunarcharge midsole is much harder/firmer than the Lunarepic and therefore not as comfortable.

Based on all of the components of both shoes:

Lunarepic >>>>>>> Lunarcharge.

Last edited:
The lunarepic is meant to be a running shoe tho compared to the lunarcharge. I thought the lunarcharge was meant to be more of a casual shoe

Yeah but the comfort level should still be the same IMO. I still like my casual shoes to be comfortable.
laugh.gif

Yeah but the comfort level should still be the same IMO. I still like my casual shoes to be comfortable. :lol:
It doesn't have to be the same necessarily since they aren't made to do the same thing as lunar epics. I get what you're saying but the way Nike designed them wasn't meant for that

It doesn't have to be the same necessarily since they aren't made to do the same thing as lunar epics. I get what you're saying but the way Nike designed them wasn't meant for that
Of course Nike didn't design the Lunarcharge to be a running shoe, I'm just saying that I prefer the midsole density of the Lunarepic to that of the Lunarcharge. I am only making the comparison since they were advertised as having the same midsole/cushioning system of the Lunarepic, but they do not feel the same.  

Would have been nice if they used the same midsole softness but honestly that's not my main issue with the shoe. My main issue is the heel collar/Achilles rubbing problem which makes them unwearable as they are. It's a shame since I had such high hopes for them.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate that your having that discomfort issue but that's your issue as I don't have that problem and I only went a half size up. So please don't make it seem as though it's a general problem for all when it's only you and a few others on this forum, we are a small part of the population compared to everyone that's buying the shoe. And why say you love the midsole then turn around and call it cheap? :lol:

That's unfortunate that your having that discomfort issue but that's your issue as I don't have that problem and I only went a half size up. So please don't make it seem as though it's a general problem for all when it's only you and a few others on this forum, we are a small part of the population compared to everyone that's buying the shoe. And why say you love the midsole then turn around and call it cheap?
laugh.gif
A lot more people than you think actually have the heel issue problem. At least half of all of the reviews I have read/watched mentioned the heel rubbing and how annoying it is. And I'm not saying I don't like the midsole of the Lunarcharge at all, I am just stating that the Lunarepic midsole just feels like a premium version of it cushioning wise.

Got my blackouts in today from champs. Kind of disappointed, shoe just didnt do it for me..worst of all they definitely fit a size too small. I'm a 13 in everything Nike, these will need to be a 14 for me to wear them comfortably:/

Damn. Just found a 13 in the og on eBay and jumped on them, now you got me worried they are gonna be too small

Finally got my OG cw LE pair in a 10 and I couldn't be more happier.

Initial fitting felt that rubbing on the heel may not be an issue (Only wore the left pair as wifey was giving me the 'tiger' look). :lol:
From the first try that I did, it felt perfect while wearing socks with average thickness.

It feels and looked slightly longer (very minimal) than my lunarepic (size 9.5 TTS). I may end up using the thicker insoles of my 'epics if it starts to feel loose.
For reference, I wear a 9 in NBs and AM1/90, 9.5 in Asics, 9.5 in Jordans and 10 in all my basketball shoes.

Looking forward to use it for casual walk and give more update.... and maybe some on-feet and sole shots too. :tongue:

Last edited:
Hey guys, so there's this new website I'm a part of that launched last week dedicated to Street Culture, ie: Sneakers, Streetwear, HipHop, Street Art, Etc... Similar to Complex or High Snobiety but with a focus on Los Angeles, it's called FairRose LA. Right now we're doing a countdown oh the 10 best sneakers of 2016, and there's been some controversy over #6 which was listed as the LunarCharge Premium LE. There's a really long, indepth article written about the shoe, the hype surrounding it and why it may have fallen a bit short of what Nike intended it to be. I would love for you guys to read it, share your thoughts either in the comments or here.

Also, we're looking for people who love street culture to contribute as writers for the various genres I listed. If you or anyone you know would be interested AND you live in Southern California, preferably LA but we're open to all of SoCal, we would love to have you join the team. You can shoot an email to [email protected] we'd appreciate anyone willing to write as often or as little as they want and for now there would be almost total freedom in choosing topics to write about.

Anyway, check out the article about the LunarCharge here, let me know what you think and shoot an email or DM me here to discuss joining the FairRose LA team.

Here's the link: http://fairrosela.com/style/the-top-10-sneakers-of-2016-countdown-6-nike-lunarcharge-premium-le

Hey guys, so there's this new website I'm a part of that launched last week dedicated to Street Culture, ie: Sneakers, Streetwear, HipHop, Street Art, Etc... Similar to Complex or High Snobiety but with a focus on Los Angeles, it's called FairRose LA. Right now we're doing a countdown oh the 10 best sneakers of 2016, and there's been some controversy over #6 which was listed as the LunarCharge Premium LE. There's a really long, indepth article written about the shoe, the hype surrounding it and why it may have fallen a bit short of what Nike intended it to be. I would love for you guys to read it, share your thoughts either in the comments or here.

Also, we're looking for people who love street culture to contribute as writers for the various genres I listed. If you or anyone you know would be interested AND you live in Southern California, preferably LA but we're open to all of SoCal, we would love to have you join the team. You can shoot an email to [email protected] we'd appreciate anyone willing to write as often or as little as they want and for now there would be almost total freedom in choosing topics to write about.

Anyway, check out the article about the LunarCharge here, let me know what you think and shoot an email or DM me here to discuss joining the FairRose LA team.

Here's the link: http://fairrosela.com/style/the-top-10-sneakers-of-2016-countdown-6-nike-lunarcharge-premium-le
Socks and two bandaids to cover the blister on my left heel. To be fair they're 1/2 size too small. I wear a 12 in the epics but only could get a 11.5 in these. They've stretched from putting shoe trees in the and fit fine now but still rub on the Achilles.
I would say that the Lunarcharge could have been in the top 10 sneakers of the year, but should not due to the Achilles rubbing problem. I also quoted your own post from a few pages back in this thread about you personally suffering from the Achilles/heel rubbing issue from the Lunarcharge (and from personal experience, even going half a size up does not help this issue). I believe that is the main reason why the Lunarcharge fell short- because at least half of everyone who tries a pair experiences the Achilles rubbing problem which takes away from the comfort of the shoe as a whole making them practically unwearable to some.

Last edited:
I would say that the Lunarcharge could have been in the top 10 sneakers of the year, but should not due to the Achilles rubbing problem. I also quoted your own post from a few pages back in this thread about you personally suffering from the Achilles/heel rubbing issue from the Lunarcharge (and from personal experience, even going half a size up does not help this issue). I believe that is the main reason why the Lunarcharge fell short- because at least half of everyone who tries a pair experiences the Achilles rubbing problem which takes away from the comfort of the shoe as a whole making them practically unwearable to some.

Totally agree with you that the Achilles issue is a major problem it's strange; I have the Black/white and also bought the blue/black, the black and white rub my left ankle but the right is totally fine, the black and blue rub my right ankle but the left is fine. I have this problem with a lot of shoes though, the lunarepic highs and Jordan 31s both do it to me on me left and right ankle respectively. Strang how it's not the same ankle even for the same model of shoe.

WTF. First nikes I bought in over a year, got them today, went to try on and the pull tab ripped right off. What are my options? Bought these third party through eBay. Should I contact Nike or get some gorilla glue and fix it myself?

View media item 2269620

Send those things to Nike. Contact Nike by email explain what happened, as long as their not fakes you should be good may be get a new pair or a voucher for retail. Suxs to have it happen but could just be mani defect.

Last edited:
Send those things to Nike. Contact Nike by email explain what happened, as long as their not fakes you should be good may be get a new pair or a voucher for retail. Suxs to have it happen but could just be mani defect.

I figured I would get a voucher but I really like these

Thanks for the quick response. Ended up finding them at wish Atlanta

Hmmm maybe they restocked in larger sizes I know the original release was limited to 11.5 and smaller. I've never seen a 12 or bigger in that colorway I'd love to trade my 11.5 for a 12. I had to stretch them out w shoe trees.

Back
Top Bottom