Nike Lunarcharge Thread: Wide release 02/04/17

I went with the same size I get in Flyknit racer and lunarepics (10.5) and they fit like a sock. Perfect.

They do look like some Adidas shoes, but the first thing that popped in my head when I saw em were Prestos and the AM90.

All of the adidas shoes that people keep trying to say Nike is copying, look like Roshe variants.

All of the adidas shoes that people keep trying to say Nike is copying, look like Roshe variants.

Neither of the y-3 shoe I posted or the lunar charge look like roshes to me.

And like mentioned earlier it's only natural that the shoes look similar because of some of nikes creative talent jumping ship to head to adidas. For all we know these shoes could have been in the works by Nike long before the similar adidas models, they just couldn't act on those designs contractually.

I think people give Adidas too much credit, Yeezys are basically Roshe Runs with more money spent building them

Plus performance wise, I'll always take a Nike shoe over Adidas

I find it hilarious when I see some 300 lb sneaker head talking about Ultra Boost being the greatest thing ever while bashing Nike, any shoe standing in line at Coldstone Creamery can be comfy

Last edited:
I think people give Adidas too much credit, Yeezys are basically Roshe Runs with more money spent building them

Plus performance wise, I'll always take a Nike shoe over Adidas

I find it hilarious when I see some 300 lb sneaker head talking about Ultra Boost being the greatest thing ever while bashing Nike, any shoe standing in line at Coldstone Creamery can be comfy

Only trend hoppers are giving adidas too much credit. It is completely within my ability to enjoy adidas and Nike at the same time. There are dudes that collections only consist of nmds and ultraboosts which is wild to me. I love the ultra boost but to me they're like house slippers, they serve a purpose and having 20 of them just isn't necessary. Especially considering that we all tend to have out "go-to" sneakers anyway

Only trend hoppers are giving adidas too much credit. It is completely within my ability to enjoy adidas and Nike at the same time. There are dudes that collections only consist of nmds and ultraboosts which is wild to me. I love the ultra boost but to me they're like house slippers, they serve a purpose and having 20 of them just isn't necessary. Especially considering that we all tend to have out "go-to" sneakers anyway

Exactly how I feel, I ran once in my UB and regulated them to the crib and a fashionable sneaker

The first time I tried on my Lunarepics, I was honestly blown away with how comfortable the midsole was. I compared them to jello filled tempurpedic memory foam clouds.
laugh.gif

Exactly how I feel, I ran once in my UB and regulated them to the crib and a fashionable sneaker

And I also found Y-3 which offers a ton of higher quality shoes with full boost that almost always go on sale for cheaper than ultra boost retail. So I get to enjoy the comfort of boost with out having to buy multiple pairs of the same shoe day in and day out. Was going to buy another pair of core black 1.0s when these ran their course but I found these for $135 instead. No brainer to me
View media item 2236389

I've yet to wear a Lunarepic, but UB is by far more comfortable than any other Nike shoe I've worn. Is the Lunar in the Epics really that much different than the Lunar in any other Nike?

Last edited:
I've yet to wear a Lunarepic, but UB is by far more comfortable than any other Nike shoe I've worn. Is the Lunar in the Epics really that much different than the Lunar in any other Nike?

Lunarepics are by far the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn especially if you run

I have two pairs of the high pair with the ankle sock

I can't hate on UB for style though, I am going to meet up for a few drinks with a lady and rocking UB's :lol:

Last edited:
I have a few pairs of the Lunarepic lows and they are one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and definitely Nike's most comfortable shoe by far. I would say the lunar is a lot different feeling than other Nike lunar shoes since it is pressure mapped and laser sipped. I have worn Lunartempos and they did not compare cushioning wise at all to the Lunarepic. The Lunartempo's lunar was more spongy and the Lunarepics are more of a memory foam feeling.

Last edited:
Looks like I need a pair of Lunarepics then :lol:. I've cut down significantly on buying shoes, but will definitely give them a long look when it comes time for a new pair.

See that's where I disagree with a lot of people and feel like ultra boosts are overrated. Not in the sense that they're not as comfortable as people say they are but when compared to the comfort of other shoes. I own 4 pairs of ultra boosts, three 1.0 and one 2.0. When I talk about ultra boosts being more Comfortable than let's say the lunar epic it's like comparing a 9.8/10 to a 9.5/10 on a comfort scale. Like small enough that I can completely understand how it could be a matter of preference on what's more comfortable. Especially since 2 of my ultra boosts have bottomed from heavy wear and aren't nearly as comfortable or responsive as they were when I first bought them. And then you have older models like the presto, sock dart, huaraches (and Huarache NMs) that still get 9/10 up from me in comfort. And then you have other full boost sneakers that adidas offers that people seem to forget exist because they aren't ultra boosts, nmds, or Y-3 pure boosts.

See that's where I disagree with a lot of people and feel like ultra boosts are overrated. Not in the sense that they're not as comfortable as people say they are but when compared to the comfort of other shoes. I own 4 pairs of ultra boosts, three 1.0 and one 2.0. When I talk about ultra boosts being more Comfortable than let's say the lunar epic it's like comparing a 9.8/10 to a 9.5/10 on a comfort scale. Like small enough that I can completely understand how it could be a matter of preference on what's more comfortable. Especially since 2 of my ultra boosts have bottomed from heavy wear and aren't nearly as comfortable or responsive as they were when I first bought them. And then you have older models like the presto, sock dart, huaraches (and Huarache NMs) that still get 9/10 up from me in comfort. And then you have other full boost sneakers that adidas offers that people seem to forget exist because they aren't ultra boosts, nmds, or Y-3 pure boosts.
I can't comment on Lunarepics or any other Boost shoe as I've never worn any of them, but my UBs (both 1.0s - core black and all white) are much more comfortable than my Lunar1-3s (admittedly the only Lunar shoes I have). So much so that what I used to think was a 9.5/10 (L2/3) are now more like 8/10. I've worn my Core Blacks extensively and haven't really noticed too much bottoming out. They're still bouncy and plush although the traction is almost nonexistent :lol:.

I guess comfort can be objective though. As long as you aren't saying some Chucks, Vans, etc are comfortable :lol:.

Last edited:
Kanye rocking Ultra Boosts has jaded a lot of people

I see UB fans bashing the Alphabounce which is an amazing shoe for like half the price

I can't comment on Lunarepics or any other Boost shoe as I've never worn any of them, but my UBs (both 1.0s - core black and all white) are much more comfortable than my Lunar1-3s (admittedly the only Lunar shoes I have). So much so that what I used to think was a 9.5/10 (L2/3) are now more like 8/10. I've worn my Core Blacks extensively and haven't really noticed too much bottoming out. They're still bouncy and plush although the traction is almost nonexistent :lol:.

I guess comfort can be objective though. As long as you aren't saying some Chucks, Vans, etc are comfortable :lol:.

Absolutely comfort is def objective for sure, but I'd like to think I rock a pretty wide range of runners casually to athletically and everything in between. Ultra boosts are amazing shoes but to me they aren't that far ahead of other shoes in their class and price range. Hell there are tons of full boost shoes that can give you a pretty comparable boost experience as well. But a lot of people are so caught up in the hype they can't see past the ultra boost release calendar.

Looks like I need a pair of Lunarepics then :lol:. I've cut down significantly on buying shoes, but will definitely give them a long look when it comes time for a new pair.

epics are straight looks

not all that comfortable at all compared to shoes with boost

not a popular opinion here I guess but it's not even close

and I have both

my adidas eqt 3/3 is prolly the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned

edit- and I'm not a hype driven person, don't own any nmds or ultraboost

Last edited:
epics are straight looks

not all that comfortable at all compared to shoes with boost

not a popular opinion here I guess but it's not even close

and I have both

my adidas eqt 3/3 is prolly the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned

edit- and I'm not a hype driven person, don't own any nmds or ultraboost

you have Lunarepics? you can't group it all into one opinion

i ended up going half size up to a 9 (i'm 8.5 in most things). I think i could fit a 8.5 and it'd fit like a sock, so i understand why ppl are going tts, but for me since i'm not working out on them, a little bit of toe room and a bit looser fit felt more comfortable.

i also didn't like how the 8.5 made my feet look.

I understand the y-3 comparisons but I actually see a lot of the Nike Air Flow and Air Current in the LunarCharge upper, silhouettes which have been around for well over 20 years. The combination that seems to work, for both Adidas and Nike, is that retro upper on a plush modern sole.

I've tried on ultra boosts and they're the real deal. However, I own and have been running in the Lunarepic and they're the real deal as well. I still have my thinner lunarepic insoles, maybe I'll grab these and throw em in to see if it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom