Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

I’m not joking.

People wanna hate just because it’s Travis. Get a hobby.
This is a hobby and I am not hating just because they are Travis shoes, I am hating because they are lazy and boring compared to the OG Attack CW. Slapping a Cactus Jack logo on a shoe does not automatically make it a 10 (or even good for that matter). While I am not a fan of TS or his music I do like some of the shoes. I have the Black Phantom and Olive TS lows. While some hated on the Phantoms for being a plain all black shoe, the materials on them are great. Up close and in hand they are much nicer than run of the mill OG1 lows and the presentation with the bandanas and extra laces made it feel like you were getting something premium. As for the olives, they as well have upgraded materials and unique colors. Again with the olives you got 4 pairs of laces, a unique box and paper. Those are great shoes for retail money.

These Attacks feel more like the TS AF1, a simple plain shoe with some extra (minimal) branding. Of course these will sell out instantly, but they will tank on the resale market because they aren’t that good.

I have to disagree. Travis has single handedly revitalized this shoe.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Last I saw, they're basically sitting.

I wouldn't call that revitalised. I will however credit him for making it relevant again, though, those of us who have wanted them were always going to be in for them given that this is the first time they've retro'd. Him wearing them has likely accelerated their retro, so credit where due, but there hasn't been much traction (they're sitting as I say in all colours).

The reverse Swoosh will sell out, naturally.

I think the OG Grey are clear of all pairs personally but I would say that as someone who covets the original.

Ooooouuu I can’t wait to see the person who wears one of each all over IG

giphy.gif

I have to disagree. Travis has single handedly revitalized this shoe.
The Travis tie in and promo has single handedly fueled my interest in a shoe I never knew existed. Nike know their ****, a perfect way to introduce them to a 2023 audience. The OG Grey is a sleeper hit for people who can style them and see the fit potential.

The Travis reverse Swoosh version is still a lazy design and looks objectively worse than the OG. But it has hype so it attracts that audience. Travis version is hype beast, OG is for people with better taste. 😉

I caught a pair of my elusive sz 12 on eBay this morning , used but in perfect shape for $135 after using 10% promo they have
IMG_0768.jpeg
Nice, I ordered a pair in my size on DSML yesterday. That overseas shipping was a pretty penny, though.

Back
Top Bottom