NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I haven't heard anything from them since they confirmed my size and preorder.. Hopefully I get shipping info soon
same goes for me. I emailed them today and asked about it and they said they'd be completing orders all this week, so we'll see. I was relatively early on that boat, so
Hopefully in the next couple of days I get an email.

Can't baby these, fellas, they're workout shoes. Mine did the same thing. I was really disappointed for awhile, then I came to my senses and decided they're for CrossFit so I needed to chill. My nano 3s got dirty af and I didn't care. Why should these be different?

I have the same mark on my volts from Turkish getups. Just have to move on and deal with it. Completely agree with the statement above me. Not wearing these for style.

Can't baby these, fellas, they're workout shoes. Mine did the same thing. I was really disappointed for awhile, then I came to my senses and decided they're for CrossFit so I needed to chill. My nano 3s got dirty af and I didn't care. Why should these be different?

Yeah but there's a difference between some dirt and material actually rubbing off.

Yeah, I know but still. They were designed to get beat. I don't feel bad about it anymore.
agree with you 100% about them being for working out but still theres just something about the nikes that makes me not want to mess them up.  Don't get me wrong, when i first got my USA nano 4s i was extremely cautious with them too but I am much more cautious with the metcons.

Anyone know of somewhere that has the game royals in stock that will ship to australia? Bit of a tall ask I know haha

soooo, used my og grey/volt metcons to practice Turkish get-ups today and this happened

The grey just completely rubbed of and even a bit of the rubbery material underneath. Considering I only did about 4 reps per side this is pretty terrible. I'm gonna shoot nike an email to see if I can get a voucher

worst part about this is that these were one of my favorite color metcons. now the decision to hunt down another pair or move on
I've seen several of these pics and all were the OG Volts, maybe Nike changed something in the production process of the latter releases?

I think the fact that they've been so hard to get, makes people not want to mess them up. Spoke to a guy at Rogue and he said be on the lookout for the "mid-June" pairs to go live in the next couple of days.

Tough to maintain that sparkle in cross fit shoes.  Perhaps those that are worried can pick up a pair of the free 5.0 V6 trainers.  I picked up a pair from Sports Authority for $60 and they will be my beaters.  They are a pretty good training shoe. 

Tough to maintain that sparkle in cross fit shoes.  Perhaps those that are worried can pick up a pair of the free 5.0 V6 trainers.  I picked up a pair from Sports Authority for $60 and they will be my beaters.  They are a pretty good training shoe. 
Got the 5.0 V6's from Sports Authority as well for $60 a while back.  Actually love the shoe.  

soooo, used my og grey/volt metcons to practice Turkish get-ups today and this happened

The grey just completely rubbed of and even a bit of the rubbery material underneath. Considering I only did about 4 reps per side this is pretty terrible. I'm gonna shoot nike an email to see if I can get a voucher

worst part about this is that these were one of my favorite color metcons. now the decision to hunt down another pair or move on
war wounds man, be proud that you are actually using the shoe for what it was intended for. and think about it the quicker you blow through it the sooner you can get a new CW. who wants to be wearing the same old dirty shoes after 2 or 3 years anyways. Wear it as a badge of honor!

Wow, its like deja vu! I had the EXACT same thing happen to mine (same colorway, same TGU)! I sent mine back to Nike (bought from Nike.com) last week and was issued a full refund on Monday.

I've read that there have been some durability issues (toe box and mesh) with the Metcons that were initially released. Supposedly they've made some modifications (sturdier toe box, thicker mesh) with newer releases so I'm hoping my replacements won't have the same issues. Here is a video I found that talks about the update: 

Hope this helps!

honestly, it's not even the fact that it wore through. it's how easily it wore through that's the issue. I've done TGUs in my daring reds and it left a scuff but nothing serious.

I'm not worried about the look of the scuff as I just wear them to the box. I'm gonna see if I can get a voucher, but if I don't it's not a huge deal.

honestly, it's not even the fact that it wore through. it's how easily it wore through that's the issue. I've done TGUs in my daring reds and it left a scuff but nothing serious.

I'm not worried about the look of the scuff as I just wear them to the box. I'm gonna see if I can get a voucher, but if I don't it's not a huge deal.

Sigh...
I laugh at thee!

The 2 has a very tough material wrapped around the toe box.... also the first couple of colors of the 1 used a different material than newer colors....

Still the 2 is a huge upgrade. 

Back
Top Bottom