NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Anyone w/ Meton 3's have issue with the tongue sliding down the shoe mid-workout?

Haven't had any issues with this on the 3's, and I wear them untied a majority of the time, aside from running and during wods.  Only time it has happened for me was on my DSX, but only when I didn't have them tied and was doing burpees.

Do you have the laces running through the tongue loop?

Yea...I have the DSX flyknits....and the laces are going through the tongue loop.

I did some box jumps/sprints the other day and after every set, the tongue was bunched up and slid down.

Last edited:
Yea...I have the DSX flyknits....and the laces are going through the tongue loop.

I did some box jumps/sprints the other day and after every set, the tongue was bunched up and slid down.
Ya,  the DSX with do that on occasion due to the material, with movements that causes your foot to stop in the shoe, like the box jumps, burpees, etc.... The knit tongue just isn't as stable as the normal.

Did a heavy back squat today in DSX's and they felt like I was in romaleos. Can't wait for my Sails to come in. Screw the black/gum nanos

t1ranger t1ranger thanks for sharing. Tempted to pick up a pair but need to resist.

I'll probably end up copping if I go down SD to watch the regionals though :lol:

anyone planning on attending the Games? flights from Sac to Wisconsin is more than I would want to pay. Wisconsin isn't exactly on a list of places to visit :x other than to be at the games

I think Nike reps lurk in this group because they fixed the laces situation with the dsx. The sails come with a very nice pair of laces that compliment the shoe very well. Same thing with the USA's.

I think Nike reps lurk in this group because they fixed the laces situation with the dsx. The sails come with a very nice pair of laces that compliment the shoe very well. Same thing with the USA's.

They lurk on here but it's higher up people in Nike training who makes those decisions about design and theses labs were in design production a while back.

The laces are a lot better.. I'll agree with you on that. The laces on the freedoms were done differently in relation to the theme/story behind them

Hey guys, couple quick questions. I'm looking to pick up the DSX flyknit. I tried out the metcon 2s, and I did not really like them. The area around the ankles is to high for me, and it rubs under sides of my ankle bone (those little nubs that stick out). I was going to try the DSX flyknits, and see if I have those same problems. My question is about sizing (you guys are probably tired of those, but please help me out)... Here is what I wear:

Flyknit Chukka FSB: 8
Flyknit Racer: 9
Flyknit Streaks: 9
Flyknit Max: 9
VaporMax: 9
AM LD Zero: 9
AM 95: 9
AM 97: 9.5
LunarTempo 2: 9.5
LunaRacer: 9.5
Pegasus 33: 9.5

Hey guys, couple quick questions. I'm looking to pick up the DSX flyknit. I tried out the metcon 2s, and I did not really like them. The area around the ankles is to high for me, and it rubs under sides of my ankle bone (those little nubs that stick out). I was going to try the DSX flyknits, and see if I have those same problems. My question is about sizing (you guys are probably tired of those, but please help me out)... Here is what I wear:

9 should work.

Size 9 :smokin

Yeah I have similar sizing as you and I bought a 9 which seems tight at times. Deff could have gotten away with 9.5

Back
Top Bottom