NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

My ids
EF20928F-9E2F-4162-875E-EDCAC39ED3A4.jpeg
C9DB883D-3AC7-466D-83EA-31B40F7907FB.jpeg

Just wanted to pass on this info to you guys. There’s a Realtree Metcon 3 dropping at the end of November. I’m guessing it has that camo all over it, I haven’t seen any pictures.
Also, the Metcon DSX Flyknit 2 is slated for December 1st.

EDIT:

Nike Metcon 3 Realtree
AJ5145-021
Black/Hazel Rush/White/Total Orange

Metcon DSX Flyknit 2
924423-001
Matte Silver/Sail/Light Silver

Metcon DSX Flyknit 2
924423-002
Black/Vast Grey/Chile Red

Metcon DSX Flyknit 2
924423-004
Black/Black/Hyper Crimson

Last edited:
E3580369-C046-453A-8AC7-675CA1A6629F.png
65E92416-E4D7-4E0F-AACE-6581E80D413B.png
Either one of these will be just fine for me.

Attachments

• 6F477558-AE84-4BA1-8C2D-F19190313737.png
    6F477558-AE84-4BA1-8C2D-F19190313737.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
I've seen the new DSX in person and the updates look good. Not a fan of these first three colorways, so does anyone have any insight on the January release and the colorways we're getting?

DSX 2 thoughts...

I've owned the Metcon, Metcon 2 and the Metcon DSX. I've been a size 10 in all of these models and have normal shaped foot, so I went with a size 10 in the DSX 2. When they arrived I was surprised at how big the size 10 was. I have a full thumbs width from my big toe to the end and the heel lift was ridiculous. I returned them and ordered a 9.5 on the advice from the employee at the nike outlet near me.

9.5 arrived yesterday. The fit in the toe box is right for me but the heel lift is still there. Just normally walking I can feel my heel coming up about a 1/2 an inch in the shoe. The new padded design in the heel doesn't lock you in and you can only get the laces so tight on the new tongueless design. The other thing I noticed as my heel lifted and went back down I could really feel the size plastic pieces on the heel starting to rub and I worry that could cause some issues with blisters during a wod.

I tried several different types of socks to try to correct the issue without any success. Going down to a 9 wouldn't be doable for me if the size in the toe box decreases as much as it did from a 10-10.5. So I guess I'll be passing completely on the DSX 2 with the way their sizing is.

Last edited:
Try your insole from the metcon 3 or Dsx and see if that helps.

It has for other people.

DSX 2 thoughts...

I've owned the Metcon, Metcon 2 and the Metcon DSX. I've been a size 10 in all of these models and have normal shaped foot, so I went with a size 10 in the DSX 2. When they arrived I was surprised at how big the size 10 was. I have a full thumbs width from my big toe to the end and the heel lift was ridiculous. I returned them and ordered a 9.5 on the advice from the employee at the nike outlet near me.

9.5 arrived yesterday. The fit in the toe box is right for me but the heel lift is still there. Just normally walking I can feel my heel coming up about a 1/2 an inch in the shoe. The new padded design in the heel doesn't lock you in and you can only get the laces so tight on the new tongueless design. The other thing I noticed as my heel lifted and went back down I could really feel the size plastic pieces on the heel starting to rub and I worry that could cause some issues with blisters during a wod.

I tried several different types of socks to try to correct the issue without any success. Going down to a 9 wouldn't be doable for me if the size in the toe box decreases as much as it did from a 10-10.5. So I guess I'll be passing completely on the DSX 2 with the way their sizing is.

the metcon dsx flyknit 2 are the best metcons imo , especially aesthetically , they got that kobe shoe look that is pretty unbeatable

^^I have a pair as well, really like them but I have terrible heel slippage on the right shoe. Find it very hard to work out in them. How about you?

^^I have a pair as well, really like them but I have terrible heel slippage on the right shoe. Find it very hard to work out in them. How about you?

Not a good look. Need that tight grip to allow those complex muscle movements or stability. I’d probably buy a pair on discount and there’s a better color.

i have them for around a month and a half and i have no issues with em so far , everything is perfect , i am thinking about doubling up on them with the white black pair if i find a good deal due to sale season in january

Back
Top Bottom