NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I had a gift card and used the 20% off sale last night and finally grabbed some Romaleos.

852933_602

Last edited:
I've only worn Metcon 2's and 3's but just grabbed some of the Nano 8 Flexweaves since the black/gum are on sale for $55 right now. Anyone have both?

I wear 13 in Metcon's but they only had up to 12.5 available for the Nano 8's so I pulled the trigger. I read that they have a wider toe box so thought I may be ok? I sometimes waffle between 12-13 on shoes, but primarily 13.

I’ve got a pair of the OG 8s & a few pair of the updated 8s. I noticed the OG 8s where bigger so i had to size them to an 11 but the refresh I had to go with an 11.5. You may be okay with the 12.5 but worse case, you either resale or send back. Hope they work out, the 8s are by-far a good CF shoe/trainer/everyday wear kinda thing IMHO.

I’ve got a pair of the OG 8s & a few pair of the updated 8s. I noticed the OG 8s where bigger so i had to size them to an 11 but the refresh I had to go with an 11.5. You may be okay with the 12.5 but worse case, you either resale or send back. Hope they work out, the 8s are by-far a good CF shoe/trainer/everyday wear kinda thing IMHO.

Thanks! Yeah I'm hoping to add them to the rotation.

I've only worn Metcon 2's and 3's but just grabbed some of the Nano 8 Flexweaves since the black/gum are on sale for $55 right now. Anyone have both?

I wear 13 in Metcon's but they only had up to 12.5 available for the Nano 8's so I pulled the trigger. I read that they have a wider toe box so thought I may be ok? I sometimes waffle between 12-13 on shoes, but primarily 13.

missed out on deal. I would have picked up the black/gum 4s :frown:

Diggin these

I was checking those out earlier and almost pulled the trigger, but I have too many metcons already.. lol..

They have the same texture as the Frasers around the toe box, which is sort of like flexible armor for your toes in the gym. That is probably my fav feature on the Frasers.

I was checking those out earlier and almost pulled the trigger, but I have too many metcons already.. lol..

They have the same texture as the Frasers around the toe box, which is sort of like flexible armor for your toes in the gym. That is probably my fav feature on the Frasers.

Yeah I'm with you, but held back too. I've already got 3 pairs of Metcons and just recently got the white with black camo 4 XD's. These are sweet though.

So RE: the XDs, I have found that my Metcon 4s have broken down on the sides of the forefoot, where the outsole rises up and the metatarsals bend. The upper is totally fine, so I guess my question is, "what do the additional overlays actually do?" I have zero issues with the upper on mine besides detaching slightly from the rubber, which "armor" seems unlikely to fix.

40399F43-0031-4B08-B4E1-DBAA8B99AAD0.jpeg
Wore these today.. had to size up on 4s. Part of me wants to do an id on the xd’s

Finally tracked these down too
D03426D0-01B9-4200-9A61-E7B1D83FA981.jpeg

yup, those AB tech trainers look good

I've been wondering for a long time how the Tech Trainers are. I finally talked to a guy on IG who said they aren't great for cleans and just OK for deadlift/squat. I love my Metcon 4s, but I keep hoping to find something with more impact protection/"cushion". I walk to the gym and the Metcons can make my legs hurt. AMRAP/Joel suggested the Project Rock 1s, but I think they have a 10mm drop.

Just saw some pics of some 5 models. They're gonna try to get super creative with this model. Also theres a mid top outdoor looking version on the way as well. Took a catalog pic of a model with some extra stuff on there ill upload it soon.

Back
Top Bottom