NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Honestly, I am looking for any colourway other than Black :smile:. I called Eastbay yesterday as they had the Camos up. They were taking back orders for all sizes except 6 and 6.5, just my luck :frown:

I ordered my pair of volts from footlocker when it was on backorder, they delivered 3 weeks after originally promised. If you got patients I'd say give it a shot.

Unfortunately, they are not accepting back orders for the size I need, either 6 and 6.5. But if anyone is looking for Camo's they are taking back orders for all other sizes.

Unfortunately, they are not accepting back orders for the size I need, either 6 and 6.5. But if anyone is looking for Camo's they are taking back orders for all other sizes.

Oh shoot, my bad i can't read! I hope you find your pair soon!

I'm really struggling here. Been trying to find a 6 or 6.5 for weeks now. I have been able to score all of my friends pairs, thanks to your guys help, but just can't get myself a pair. The struggle is real :frown:
ive been looking for that size 6 also for my wife, probably best bet would be to wait for the may release. My wife likes the gray and purple ones on rogue says early may release. Even locally when stores have metcons the smallest i find is a 8

ive been looking for that size 6 also for my wife, probably best bet would be to wait for the may release. My wife likes the gray and purple ones on rogue says early may release. Even locally when stores have metcons the smallest i find is a 8
I just seen champs has the camo, black and Orange on there site all 6.0 if you wanna give them a try and no back orders.

your best bet to get smaller size than 6 is to wait on rogue, I was able to buy a 5.5 total orange/lagoon blue week. I haven't seen any other store carry anything smaller than a 6 besides rogue.

Snatched for the first time in them the other day. Nothing overly heavy. Top end was around 195(70%) and I didn't like it actually. Maybe they are still in their breaking in process or something like that but I didn't feel as comfortable snatching heavier in these like I have before in my Nanos. Hopefully as I continue to wear them, It'll feel more comfortable. My conditioning felt good in them though. Burpee box jumps felt good on the feet.

Metcons are great for crossfit wods when the weights are 135 or less, but for heavy singles I always like oly dedicated shoes like the reebok lifters or adipowers or romaleos

I'm sure eventually Nike is going to come out with something like a metcon lifter plus and I'm going to be all over that.

Last edited:

I'm really struggling here. Been trying to find a 6 or 6.5 for weeks now. I have been able to score all of my friends pairs, thanks to your guys help, but just can't get myself a pair. The struggle is real :frown:
I feel your pain. I NEED a pair of the volts in a 6.5!!!! I snagged the black colorway just to have but I ultimately just want the volts. =( #babyfeetproblems

Metcons are great for crossfit wods when the weights are 135 or less, but for heavy singles I always like oly dedicated shoes like the reebok lifters or adipowers or romaleos

I'm sure eventually Nike is going to come out with something like a metcon lifter plus and I'm going to be all over that.
I've had my Romaleos for almost 3 years now. Best 150 bucks ever spent. I was just giving the rest of the board an update on how snatching heavier felt. 9/10 times, I never wear my regular shoes when I lift. I actually hate it. But everyone sees all these CF athletes wearing their nanos or regular shoes when they lift and they think it's a good idea to emulate them. 
mean.gif

How do you find the Black ones fit? Are they true to size? I am a size 8 in womens, so need 6.5 in mens, but some people are saying they fit big.

I've had my Romaleos for almost 3 years now. Best 150 bucks ever spent. I was just giving the rest of the board an update on how snatching heavier felt. 9/10 times, I never wear my regular shoes when I lift. I actually hate it. But everyone sees all these CF athletes wearing their nanos or regular shoes when they lift and they think it's a good idea to emulate them. :smh:

I have to agree my OLY shoes are a must have when lifting heavy!! I just can not wear them longer than 45 minutes because they just kill my arches. I've tried lifting in the regular insoles & lifting insoles that come with them & both are the same, any suggestions you guys would have for me.

How do you find the Black ones fit? Are they true to size? I am a size 8 in womens, so need 6.5 in mens, but some people are saying they fit big.
I'm an 8-8.5in wmns. I'll be receiving them within this week. I'll let you know after my first WOD with them. 

Just called Niketown Atlanta (404) 846-5549 and they had the camos and the lava reds in stock and taking phone orders. I got the last pair of 9's in the camos but Mike(store manger) said they had a good bit of stock left. By far the BEST customer service I have had doing a phone order and I've been in retail for 10+ years. Mike is doing it right and reppin Nike the right way!!! I told him I was going to let you guys know in case he gets flooded with calls. He said he welcomes all calls!!

Just called Niketown Atlanta (404) 846-5549 and they had the camos and the lava reds in stock and taking phone orders. I got the last pair of 9's in the camos but Mike(store manger) said they had a good bit of stock left. By far the BEST customer service I have had doing a phone order and I've been in retail for 10+ years. Mike is doing it right and reppin Nike the right way!!! I told him I was going to let you guys know in case he gets flooded with calls. He said he welcomes all calls!!
First post here. This forum has been great in providing advice to cop one of these Metcons, thank you all very much. (and FWIW, actually looking forward to using these for CrossFit and not to resell; and no, I do not follow Hypebeast haha)

Thank you sir for this info! Just called them up and am having Camo 10.5s shipped to me. Looking forward to the other colorways soon too!

First post here. This forum has been great in providing advice to cop one of these Metcons, thank you all very much. (and FWIW, actually looking forward to using these for CrossFit and not to resell; and no, I do not follow Hypebeast haha)

Thank you sir for this info! Just called them up and am having Camo 10.5s shipped to me. Looking forward to the other colorways soon too!
you're welcome bro! glad I could help! I've been following the thread for a while and all the info from everybody has been great.

Trying to return the favor here to this thread.

Just called my local Niketown (San Francisco @ (415-392-6453) and the smallest size that they have is a 9 and the only CW is the black one.

Good luck to those folks looking for 6s and 6.5s.

Last edited:
I've had my Romaleos for almost 3 years now. Best 150 bucks ever spent. I was just giving the rest of the board an update on how snatching heavier felt. 9/10 times, I never wear my regular shoes when I lift. I actually hate it. But everyone sees all these CF athletes wearing their nanos or regular shoes when they lift and they think it's a good idea to emulate them. :smh:

I have to agree my OLY shoes are a must have when lifting heavy!! I just can not wear them longer than 45 minutes because they just kill my arches. I've tried lifting in the regular insoles & lifting insoles that come with them & both are the same, any suggestions you guys would have for me.

For stach work I only my use my Romaleos, I've been extremely comfortable with clean and jerk, front/ back squats even a 195 bear complex. So I don't have any idea to why people's feet aren't compatible. Other than we're all different.

Nike Boston wouldn't allow me to place a phone order, and Nike Scottsdale put me on hold for over 15 min, I hung up. Would love to be able to get another size 10, a pair to smash out and a pair to wear casually.

Back
Top Bottom