NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

OK so update on the sizing dilemma . I have og volts in 10.5, camp 10, black 10 and black 10.5 I had red 10.5 too

Its 100% that the reds fit a little bigger than the rest but everything else is true to size I compared the got to my Nanos which I think fit perfect

The fundamental issue with the met con is the design of the heel . It just doesn't give you the same support that you might expect if you grew up in the Nanos

But bottom line if you're a 10.5 get a 10.5 . No need to go smaller except for the reds.

Crappy thing is now I have a pair of camo 10s but I need 10.5 .

I would tend to agree with the post above for the most part, go true to size regardless of color. I think my camos fit just a touch bigger than the black or the volt, but it's negligible. It's definitely not enough to change your size. I got a workout in yesterday in the camos (cleans and burpees) and they felt great.

OK so update on the sizing dilemma . I have og volts in 10.5, camp 10, black 10 and black 10.5 I had red 10.5 too

Its 100% that the reds fit a little bigger than the rest but everything else is true to size I compared the got to my Nanos which I think fit perfect

The fundamental issue with the met con is the design of the heel . It just doesn't give you the same support that you might expect if you grew up in the Nanos

But bottom line if you're a 10.5 get a 10.5 . No need to go smaller except for the reds.

Crappy thing is now I have a pair of camo 10s but I need 10.5 .
Thanks for the advice and jealous of your collection

View media item 1481640Had to throw on the Nanos for a WOD with 1.5 miles run (broken into 400m segments). My Metcons fit ever so slightly looser than my nanos and they give me one huge heel blister the other day. Need some thicker socks but that's the only problem I've had. First time I've put my Nanos on in 2 months.

View media item 1481640Had to throw on the Nanos for a WOD with 1.5 miles run (broken into 400m segments). My Metcons fit ever so slightly looser than my nanos and they give me one huge heel blister the other day. Need some thicker socks but that's the only problem I've had. First time I've put my Nanos on in 2 months.

Yea if I knelow were having runs I double sock if I bring my metcons. Otherwise I prefer nanos. Plus nanos are much lighter haha

Ordered two pairs off Swoosh last weekend. Received the camos today, anthracite coming tomorrow is my guess.

First impressions: shoe is low profile but heel is not as elevated as I imagined it to be. Not a heavy shoe but not a light shoe either. Think I may end up liking the black pair more.

The Revis, my every day gym shoe, is a superior to the Metcon. It's just sometimes that the Revis sole is too soft when I do squats. On leg days I wear my rebook crossfit shoes look like knock off romellos (sp).

I definitely don't need a stock warehouse of Metcons. If I dont get the gray pair, two pairs should last me a while.

I have not experienced any of these problems any of you are describing. Maybe lace them tighter? IDK.

Yea if I knelow were having runs I double sock if I bring my metcons. Otherwise I prefer nanos. Plus nanos are much lighter haha
If an additional once is too heavy then you have personal issues or your not strong at all or both.
Also learn how to run with out slamming your heel to ground, aka learn how to run right. The metcons actually have better impact protect than the nanos.

Last edited:
Just sharing when I waited infront of my computer to get the Metcon Camo.. honestly laughed and got frustrated a bit that moment

total opposite for me, I can't even run a mile in my Nanos before my ankles and feet feel like exploding. I've ran 3-4 miles a few times in my METCONs without any issues. Before crossfit I was a marathon runner and was very particular with what I would run in, if I run for more than 4 miles I'll wear my old asics running shoes.

Anyone know of anywhere that has a so 10.5 in the camo?? Looking for a friend. I'll call around in the morning but I was just seeing if maybe anyone knew. Thanks in advance.

I have not experienced any of these problems any of you are describing. Maybe lace them tighter? IDK.[/quote
I have not experienced any of these problems any of you are describing. Maybe lace them tighter? IDK.
same here i havent had any problems. Tie it tight and double knot, after they break in retighten again. I am very flat footed no arch at all. When i wore nanos i needed to add insoles or they would hurt. For me the metcons are perfect for my wide flat feet

This thread is moving way to fast for me to keep up..... anyway, we just received this color, and it should be up within the next 2 days... hopefully tomorrow at 10am

704688-414-p.jpeg

Got the Camos yesterday from Nike while already having the Anthracite for a couple weeks from FNL.  The camos don't look good in person, in my opinion.  Black looks much sharper.  The whole shoe clashes and looks like they pasted things on from the parts bin.   Camos going back.

This thread is moving way to fast for me to keep up..... anyway, we just received this color, and it should be up within the next 2 days... hopefully tomorrow at 10am

704688-414-p.jpeg
Just got a note saying 10am tomorrow is a go. 

Quick tip, try and make sure your credit card and shipping address info is the same, otherwise you may be declined... i dont want anyone to lose their pair!

Back
Top Bottom