NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

thinking about getting into crossfit, what exactly is wrong with these for climbing rope/what are the durability issues you guys are having? Right now in all my workouts I use free trainer 3.0/5.0 or hyperfeel trainers(non-crossfit workouts, just strength training) so I'm a little out of my league at the moment.

thinking about getting into crossfit, what exactly is wrong with these for climbing rope/what are the durability issues you guys are having? Right now in all my workouts I use free trainer 3.0/5.0 or hyperfeel trainers(non-crossfit workouts, just strength training) so I'm a little out of my league at the moment.
there's multiple durability issue one of them is the mesh just riping off while sliding down the rope, but that problem was solve, all the new cw have a different mesh that's more durable, other issues Are the back of the outsole ripping off and another problem is (but I've seen very few) the lower part of the shoes separating from the upper part of the separating from the bottom part completely like this View media item 1653640

Last edited:
there's multiple durability issue one of them is the mesh just riping off while sliding down the rope, but that problem was solve, all the new cw have a different mesh that's more durable, other issues Are the back of the outsole ripping off and another problem is (but I've seen very few) the lower part of the shoes separating from the upper part of the separating from the bottom part completely like this
mine are starting to do this very slightly, worried it's going to get worse :frown:

Hopefully the metcons 2 are more durable than the 1s if no I will have to go back to my nanos

For those of you who have worn your metcons long enough, how long has the metcons lasted in terms of sole support, flywire, etc.  3-4 months max (Used 5-6x/week)?  Debating how long my shoes will last me until I need to get more.

Still want to get my hands on the America's but at this point I'd rather wait for the 3Ms.

I have three pairs..two that only see the gym floor, and one pair ( the OG's) that I wear to the gym and casually for two Months straight and they've held up phenomenally well. If any of the shoes gets a scuff on it I use a magic eraser and that **** makes every part of that shoes look like new again! And I've personally also noticed that the more broken in the more comfortable they become.. Best shoes I've ever worn

Squad blue are definitely hot, but I gotta wait on those 3Ms!  

...and I said RWB would be my last pair...lulz.
I need those 3Ms as well to wear with my Carson gear - 
Been away from the threads for a while; What's this 3M color way people are talking about?
Anyone need a Sz 10/9.5 in the Banned CW for retail +shipping? Looking to help the NT fam out before returning.

PM me
Da**.

For what it's worth.. Just bought my wife the grey/pink/white metcons at 20% off at sports authority with free shipping.. Just tax added.. Sure beats the $130+ I paid on NDC for her fishers..

Hopefully the metcons 2 are more durable than the 1s if no I will have to go back to my nanos

It's been said that the 2s are very similar to the ones with a couple minor updates but the 3 will be a significantly better shoe. Personally I'd love the bandwagoners to go back to Reebok so the real nike lifers can keep the elite status

It's been said that the 2s are very similar to the ones with a couple minor updates but the 3 will be a significantly better shoe. Personally I'd love the bandwagoners to go back to Reebok so the real nike lifers can keep the elite status

Exactly, like plz go back to that ****** shoes lol. So I can stop having to wait in line.

Exactly, like plz go back to that ****** shoes lol. So I can stop having to wait in line.
that doesn't mean anything nike has always been the same, they don't have enough supply for the demand that's why they bump their production numbers up for the metcons,I haven't had to wait in line for any the release, believe one person less or one more wouldn't make a difference and instead of nike making decent shoe, they should make a great shoe so in the future they can have a large percentage of the crossfit market share, like they have done in the pass with other sports, I know crossfit has a really small market share, and it would be great if they could capitalize on that

Last edited:
For what it's worth.. Just bought my wife the grey/pink/white metcons at 20% off at sports authority with free shipping.. Just tax added.. Sure beats the $130+ I paid on NDC for her fishers..
Thanks for the tip, just grabbed them for my wife too. Funny that it works on the wmns models and not the mens... I would've grabbed the Frasers too

Thanks for the tip, just grabbed them for my wife too. Funny that it works on the wmns models and not the mens... I would've grabbed the Frasers too

No kidding.. I originally was going for the Frasers then noticed that it worked for the women's..

When something ships from aust. To the U.S. The guy shipped with Australia post and the tracking # says processed through facility and now says despatched. How do I track it after that? Can anyone help

First of all I'm a huge nike fan, but that's the thing that bothers me about the metcons or just nike, that their shoes aren't durable enough, personally a crossfit shoes should last at least one year, a year of high usages, I've seen people in my box that are still use their Nano 1.0 from when they first release, I think nike should first focus on durability then in everythinf and would make the metcon a great shoes

No issues from my MetCons, but durability issues are out there.

:lol:, I assure you a person working out 3-4 times a week isn't using their Nano 1's from first release. All Nano's are out there, easily attainable, so they're probably re-upping from the clearance bin.

Wish I had waited before pulling trigger on the banned, now I want the Squad blues, hopefully there still around next week.

When something ships from aust. To the U.S. The guy shipped with Australia post and the tracking # says processed through facility and now says despatched. How do I track it after that? Can anyone help

You really can't track it from there.

It will have detailed info in Aus.... Then say arrive in country..... Then to dispatch facility ..... Then maybe out for delivery.

If sent express.... Don't worry. It should get to u in a day or two

Thanks for the info it was shipped out last wensday and said dispatched on Thursday now Monday and when I track it it says dispatched

Thanks for the info it was shipped out last wensday and said dispatched on Thursday now Monday and when I track it it says dispatched

The package changes to a different courier once on US land. Maybe you can try the same tracking # on UsPS? (Or the others?)

Back
Top Bottom