***NIKE MLB 2012***NEW THREAD

Would they release the Aero Fuse in PE's colorways though? Andrus, Wright, Uggla, and Longoria all have great CW's of that pair - it would be great if some came out.

Perhaps 1 of these 2 pairs from Holliday? (although the white were the "pujols" last year, and we will see the grey CWs regardless, with a white swoosh i'd assume)

Mauer and Cano had pairs last year, would they just stick with those?

These are the Vapors, but what about a "Victorino" pair of the DE Pro II in Blue/White with red accents?

Last edited:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Andruw-Jone...793?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec0e2d141
Nike and/or Jordan is really missing out on putting up some iD wristbands...would hit baseball, basketball, and football all in one product.

Can you imagine how much money they would make if they did something like that? So simple yet so easily something a ton of guys want. You do it with shoes and their multiple components, how hard would it be for a simple wristband? I also want them to do an ID program for Nike Vision but I am 99.9999% sure that will never happen, even as much as I have wanted that for years. I don't understand half there color combos they put together that make no sense; just wanna make my own.

The part that makes no sense is they have had a station open in Omaha the last few years at the CWS to make them so it's obviously easy to do and doesn't take very long. It should be an easy product for them to have available and then turnaround wouldn't be very long. Even if they were $25-35 for a pair I still think they'd sell really well as it would be across so many sports and you can't really find custom ones anywhere else.

Last edited:
I wish Nike would issue some Thermalite's just like what Vogelsong wore tonight. The collar ribbed neck stitching really makes the undershirt stand out.

Does it bother anyone else that the major Nike stores don't carry any baseball gear or apparel? There was nothing at the one in Vegas, and I've been told there wasn't anything at the new Niketown in CHI. What gives?

If I can find the right size, thinking about giving these a go for indoor workouts and the occasional slo pitch tournament
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Sp...S_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear&hash=item3ccb19dd7a
yeah those nubbys are perfect for indoor workouts.  I used to have a pair of football turfs that I used for football on the old astroturf (that most places got rid of by now)  I would also use them to hit with in the cages and they give you the same grip like cleats because the hitting mats are the same type of astroturf they are designed for.  I've been using swingman remix turfs as cage shoes for the past couple years, which have smaller nubbys and are decent but you cant beat those football nubbys in terms of grip.

Does it bother anyone else that the major Nike stores don't carry any baseball gear or apparel? There was nothing at the one in Vegas, and I've been told there wasn't anything at the new Niketown in CHI. What gives?
the nikestore by me has a small selection of stuff from like February to June, which I guess is the time of the year they sell the most baseball stuff.  From what I remember they had some pro combat shirts, a couple models of cleats, a few metal bats and a couple sets of catchers gear.

but the more important question is, How was vegas?

If I can find the right size, thinking about giving these a go for indoor workouts and the occasional slo pitch tournament
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Sp...S_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear&hash=item3ccb19dd7a
 I wear a sz 13 and I purchased a pair and they run snug.  I pulled out the liners and they fit alot better.  I use them for BP and for practice but then again I play firstbase so I can get away with alot of my drill that I dont need spikes for.  IF you keep them on turf or dirt the soles hold up but on cement they wear down super fast. 

If done right, I like the volt as an accent. But IMO, those Vapors belong on a soccer field. Don't mind the look of the other colorways, but the white/volt just look odd.

Airgeezy - Thanks for the heads up i'll keep that in mind when picking up a pair.

Yankees - Vegas was awesome of course, and I figure I may as well share some of the baseball related content in here since things tend to slow down after the WS anyways. Don't think i've posted this stuff on here before, but If I have - my apologies.

Left the girlfriend at the hotel for a few hours one morning, and snuck off to go visit this place: It was unreal. Never hit in a "driving range" style before. "Sports Center of Las Vegas", right by McCarron Airport

If done right, I like the volt as an accent. But IMO, those Vapors belong on a soccer field. Don't mind the look of the other colorways, but the white/volt just look odd.
Airgeezy - Thanks for the heads up i'll keep that in mind when picking up a pair.
Yankees - Vegas was awesome of course, and I figure I may as well share some of the baseball related content in here since things tend to slow down after the WS anyways. Don't think i've posted this stuff on here before, but If I have - my apologies.
Left the girlfriend at the hotel for a few hours one morning, and snuck off to go visit this place: It was unreal. Never hit in a "driving range" style before. "Sports Center of Las Vegas", right by McCarron Airport
That is absolutely sick.

Back
Top Bottom