Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

jelly

i cant rock with the wish patch tho

i thought i could but nah

in the future they should make the ad patch like the swoosh

Are the white borders supposed to be sheen like that?

On players the white borders don’t look like they have shine on them. Just a flat white.

And the fact that dude scannned it and it asked him to which player it is.... maybe these are all customs?

I had to do that with my Authentic City LBJ as well. Crazy that it’s not synced :smh:

yea the non-perforated ones were mistakes which is why they were even further delayed. Nice to finally get the jersey though.

Had to select Lebron as the player on the Nike Connect App though
IMG_3985.PNG

I hope that the ICON LBJ Authentic hits NDC because I don’t want that sponsor patch. I like my Authentics sponsorless for a cleaner and timeless look.

Does each team shorts fit different from others? Just got in the lakers statements and the waist is a little more snug than the Knicks. Noticed the strings had no slack as I opened them and then when I tried on felt the difference.

E119C9FF-432A-472A-B6F5-E02A279B8D4F.jpeg
Are the white borders supposed to be sheen like that?

On players the white borders don’t look like they have shine on them. Just a flat white.

And the fact that dude scannned it and it asked him to which player it is.... maybe these are all customs?
I noticed something similiar on the city authentics. I picked up a Kobe from the NBA store in NYC and ordered a LeBron from the Lakers Store. When the LeBron arrived, The numbers and name were shiney compared to the Kobe numbers that has just a flat solid color. Not sure if u can tell by the pic but check it out...

*Sighs, the Lakers Store LBJ quality is quite bad when I got my jersey in. The strings on the last name and numbers were poorly stitched. After one wear, the strings are starting to unravel :smh:

I don’t know if I can shop at the online Lakers Store again after numerous disappointments.

I noticed something similiar on the city authentics. I picked up a Kobe from the NBA store in NYC and ordered a LeBron from the Lakers Store. When the LeBron arrived, The numbers and name were shiney compared to the Kobe numbers that has just a flat solid color. Not sure if u can tell by the pic but check it out...

*Sighs, the Lakers Store LBJ quality is quite bad when I got my jersey in. The strings on the last name and numbers were poorly stitched. After one wear, the strings are starting to unravel :smh:

I don’t know if I can shop at the online Lakers Store again after numerous disappointments.

Yeah.. these LeBron Authentics are definitely customs... the numbers are heavy af. Thick. And the stitching is poor. UPS just dropped mine off and I’m wearing it right now. Vaporswift is really nice. Feels more durable But last years Authentics with aero swift have a little more room in size 48 on me.

Here’s the stitching on mine. Doesn’t really bother me too much. But still.
E633ACB3-49C2-4A15-A81A-1128B08DD801.jpeg

Here’s what the stitching looks like from the inside. Compared to a Authetic PG13 from NDC. These LeBrons have custom written all over it.
292CB716-954A-481A-AD73-DC6CE2F62972.jpeg

Waited nearly damn half a year for this. I’m going to keep it but will most likely never do buisness with lakerstore again. I saw a dude on twitter and his jersey had a different shade of purple on the numbers compared to the Lakers wordmark on front. Smh. I’m glad at least my colors match

Those are definitely custom and most likely not the same Nike twill. Nike also doesn’t double layer

I did notice on the First pics that the letters and numbers look to have like darker purple spots/imperfections on them...

Didn't want to rain on the parade on everyone's big day, but since the floodgates are open. Lakerstore, Nike, Lebron, whoever you want to blame, definitely messed this whole damn thing up. Shoulda just stayed in Cleveland and let us get some adequately produced jerseys.

Or for us Lakers fans, wait until next season ... Dammit :rofl: :smh:

I did notice on the First pics that the letters and numbers look to have like darker purple spots/imperfections on them...

Didn't want to rain on the parade on everyone's big day, but since the floodgates are open. Lakerstore, Nike, Lebron, whoever you want to blame, definitely messed this whole damn thing up. Shoulda just stayed in Cleveland and let us get some adequately produced jerseys.

Ok but this is LeBron James. Nike’s biggest athlete since MJ. Should be no excuse for this type of screw up

Bert is right though. If you order from a Team shop, you are getting a customized jersey done up by a local spot, as opposed to the mass-produced jerseys sold by large retailers. Here's a good clip of Boston's jerseys and equipment from a few years ago. The clip shows Adidas, but same concept applies to now - Nike sends the team a bunch of blank ones, and they contract the work out to some local spot who takes care of the rest. You get work done by humans instead of machines and of course you're going to get some inconsistencies. Wouldn't even doubt them using names and numbers from the old Adidas jerseys.

Bert is right though. If you order from a Team shop, you are getting a customized jersey done up by a local spot, as opposed to the mass-produced jerseys sold by large retailers. Here's a good clip of Boston's jerseys and equipment from a few years ago. The clip shows Adidas, but same concept applies to now - Nike sends the team a bunch of blank ones, and they contract the work out to some local spot who takes care of the rest. You get work done by humans instead of machines and of course you're going to get some inconsistencies. Wouldn't even doubt them using names and numbers from the old Adidas jerseys.

I know how it works (for the most part). Same thing applies to the NFL. Jerseys worn on field are made by the team in house. Nike provides blanks but the team does the name, numbers, and the repairs.

But the problem with Lakers store is they are flip flopping on their story. People in here have been providing their email updates. Lakers store claimed as if Nike sent them pre made jerseys and there was errors with the numbers, and had to send them back. And that there would be another delay waiting for them to send it back correctly. And that it would ship out by December 10th.

Yet here we are with custom jerseys anyways?? Doesn’t make any sense

I know how it works (for the most part). Same thing applies to the NFL. Jerseys worn on field are made by the team in house. Nike provides blanks but the team does the name, numbers, and the repairs.

But the problem with Lakers store is they are flip flopping on their story. People in here have been providing their email updates. Lakers store claimed as if Nike sent them pre made jerseys and there was errors with the numbers, and had to send them back. And that there would be another delay waiting for them to send it back correctly. And that it would ship out by December 10th.

Yet here we are with custom jerseys anyways?? Doesn’t make any sense
I wouldn't doubt if they got a small amount of pre made jerseys, rest were probably for other retails. hopefully they pop up everywhere soon

as long as its accurate, I dont see an issue with white backing, just rip it off. now if the jersey has some glaring issues due to customization then I would be pissed

I’ve sent an email to them 2 weeks ago, no response. Called then just now and the phone won’t go through. I’m livid
chargeback time

contact them on social media or something, I would send emails non stop. had to do that to a retailer recently for a refund :smh:

chargeback time

contact them on social media or something, I would send emails non stop. had to do that to a retailer recently for a refund :smh:
It won’t even allow me to message them on Twitter. Maybe they turned it off. I’m at odds and idk what to do. I just want the correct jersey

Back
Top Bottom