Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

^ Clean simple Lakers jersey. Choice of colors is nice and it's growing on me. Underrated

Last edited:
Apologies for the novice questions. I haven't bought a jersey in ages and pretty much out the loop when it comes to jerseys.

Are the NBA city edition Jerseys limited or do they restock? And if not, is eBay my best bet to getting one? Lastly, how is sizing on these normally, do they run big or small? Want to make sure I cop the right sz :nerd:

Trying to cop an Authentic Celtics city edition
HO22_NBACityEdition_NA_OffBody_Boston_Hero_0044_05_SP_02-587x588.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies for the novice questions. I haven't bought a jersey in ages and pretty much out the loop when it comes to jerseys.

Are the NBA city edition Jerseys limited or do they restock? And if not, is eBay my best bet to getting one? Lastly, how is sizing on these normally, do they run big or small? Want to make sure I cop the right sz :nerd:

Trying to cop an Authentic Celtics city edition
HO22_NBACityEdition_NA_OffBody_Boston_Hero_0044_05_SP_02-587x588.jpg
Those are long gone. Sold out online in 5 minutes. And according to one of the posters in here, someone cleaned out the stock at the team store. Not sure if they’ll restock, but seeing as how the team store sold out of them without even being online, chances are slim you’re going to get an authentic. If you like the jersey, you might have to settle for a swingman, and even those are disappearing quickly.

Those are long gone. Sold out online in 5 minutes. And according to one of the posters in here, someone cleaned out the stock at the team store. Not sure if they’ll restock, but seeing as how the team store sold out of them without even being online, chances are slim you’re going to get an authentic. If you like the jersey, you might have to settle for a swingman, and even those are disappearing quickly.
Damn! Appreciate the info. I didn't know the city jerseys sold like that.

Straight bs. I thought the NBA would want to make money with the jerseys :lol:

yeah it's crazy. remember those days in 2018 and 2019, authentic city jerseys were sitting at outlets for $50. even popular teams like lakers and warriors. then kobe passed and prices skyrocketed, i thought that was only because of that accident. now you had folks willing to pay 800+ for authentics. somehow this spread to other players over the pandemic, which was confusing, like wait a minute, did those players pass away too? it makes no sense.

well the first year's city editions were still the best to me so at least i can say i got the ones i wanted.

all celtics authentic are hard to come by. I grabbed a swingman Tatum (black Jordan) statement at the team store, with VISTAPRINT patch bc there really wasnt any other option at the time. this was 2 weeks ago.

There was recently the green Tatum authentic on disco on fanatics, but only small and 2XL sizes

I haven’t looked but you mentioned eBay. If you find your size that would prob be your best option. Just be careful because the fakes are rampant generally speaking, not sure if they already have the new city editions in fugazi form yet, but just do your due diligence.

If you find a listing you’re curious about you can post it in here and we can help you with authenticity

I haven’t looked but you mentioned eBay. If you find your size that would prob be your best option. Just be careful because the fakes are rampant generally speaking, not sure if they already have the new city editions in fugazi form yet, but just do your due diligence.

If you find a listing you’re curious about you can post it in here and we can help you with authenticity
Appreciate it!

I will definitely need help if I go the eBay route.

I’m not a big shorts guy so I’ve never bought any Swingman shorts but I bought my sons the Charlotte Swingman shorts this year and then I looked at the Memphis Grizz shorts for me and I was surprised the kids pairs have pockets but the mens don’t.

I’m not a big shorts guy so I’ve never bought any Swingman shorts but I bought my sons the Charlotte Swingman shorts this year and then I looked at the Memphis Grizz shorts for me and I was surprised the kids pairs have pockets but the mens don’t.
All the swingman shorts since Nike took over have pockets. I’ve picked up 5 or 6 this season and they all have pockets.

All the swingman shorts since Nike took over have pockets. I’ve picked up 5 or 6 this season and they all have pockets.
I swear when I originally looked at the description for the grizz shorts they didn’t have that detail listed but I just looked again and I see it there lol I’m an idiot.

Disregard

My Lebron city edition came in today. I ordered it yesterday. Real fast turnaround time on fanatics end.

Got my blue Luka in as well. I may be reaching. But I wouldn’t be surprised if all those 20/21 NBA authentics popping up on fanatics are blanks customized into start players by silver crystal sports. Ima go to the Mavs team store this week and do a comparison and take pics of the numbers I’m their authentics. But there’s no stitching on the part of the white outline closer to the grey part of the numbering. I suck at explaining this one. But had some Laker custom authentics I ordered off fanatics earlier this year which had a similar issue. I got the jersey significantly discounted so I’m not going to return it.

4C1E8229-24B6-48FA-9BB5-0B97191A7E8B.jpeg
7F1AC741-8BE3-4899-B40E-575D39342EEB.jpeg
91F95D2E-D9A9-42C6-8310-2448DED49BAD.jpeg

7AF72FD4-2668-4FE6-A61F-84D917CD8B7F.jpeg
59F0AFFE-791A-4DE9-A69B-AD411C7DDB4C.jpeg

I’ve been going back and forth between passing or copping that LBJ jersey…it’s dope or it’s too plain seems like what it keeps coming down to….$150 is a damn good price, almost too good to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom