Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I suspect the only reason they are changing back to East vs West was because of Nike asking them to do so. Lol. Like, you’re not going to buy a jersey until you know what team your favorite player is playing for. Also, I’m sure Nike probably had a bunch of All-Star jerseys just sitting, where the jersey wasn’t even worn by a particular player. At least if it’s East vs West, there’s now a level of certainty for consumers and suppliers. Nike won’t be making a bunch of red jerseys for Giannis and blue jerseys for Lebron.

pretty sure that's also the reason they didn't make authentics last season.

They've been making authentics. They just keep selling them in China/Hong Kong region. I have no idea why some years they don't make it to the US market.

They've been making authentics. They just keep selling them in China/Hong Kong region. I have no idea why some years they don't make it to the US market.
We've been getting the Nike all star authentics since they got the contract. Last year was the first season they didn't sell authentics here.

The Asian market gets a lot of luxury goods as well. A lot of high income people that are willing to spend. Basketball is getting huge in Asia and the Asian consumers are willing to pay for the high price.

We've been getting the Nike all star authentics since they got the contract. Last year was the first season they didn't sell authentics here.
It's a Mixed bag. I mean specifically what's sold at retail and NDC, or through Fanatics in USA. USA's distribution is so scattered. I think the Mavs store was the only place that had the Red authentics from 2022. 2020 they didn't even sell authentics except for pop ups in the area or select stores. Meanwhile, China and Hong Kong NDC often has them listed. I don't think anyone had the ASG authentics last year. I saw some make way to market, but it was all through Asian collectors.

I don't recall seeing any retail authentics for 2021 (the Indy game moved to Atlanta). That was really frustrating.

Picked up a couple of Jazz authentics at the team store. Wish they had city authentics, but I’ll take what I can get. I wish Silver Crystal or whoever does the non-premade jerseys now would get the name closer to the NBA logo though.

Probably the worst set in franchise history haha, but I collect at least 2-3 jerseys every time they make a major redesign.

The Sexton jersey is game-worn, got it on NBA Auctions last year.

BFD7F478-2F18-4AC5-B118-401DCCC69088.jpeg
62D790DA-7A7D-42A8-8891-DCB5F76CF658.jpeg

Picked up a couple of Jazz authentics at the team store. Wish they had city authentics, but I’ll take what I can get. I wish Silver Crystal or whoever does the non-premade jerseys now would get the name closer to the NBA logo though.

Probably the worst set in franchise history haha, but I collect at least 2-3 jerseys every time they make a major redesign.

Damn, I'm jealous. Wish I could get one

i might be the only person that actually likes these. they look more like track uniforms than bball tho. also the previous set with the updated jazz note logo was one of my favorite sets ever and they were crazy to change them

pascal traded to the pacers, now waiting for his jersey to go on sale.

edit: they just took his jersey down the raptors store website

Back
Top Bottom