Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

It happens. I met Harrison Barnes and he was super cool letting me get an autograph and a pic with my friends. Met Porzingis at a signing and he wasn't supposed to autograph anything but the pictures the event was giving out, but he signed my Jersey anyways. Anthony Davis signed my basketball but wouldn't dap me up. John Wall dapped me up but wouldn't give me an autograph. It's a weird mix when meeting players/celebs. Scared to ever meet Jordan because I know he might end up being a **** to me and I'll resent him for it lol.

Damn those are some awesome stories. Maybe we should start a thread about meeting NBA players lol

Damn those are some awesome stories. Maybe we should start a thread about meeting NBA players lol

I’ve met Chris Paul and his family, they were super nice (and I’m a the court Chris Paul hater (I can’t stand the nut punches and flopping)).

I met Kemba walker and grant williams when they were on the Celtics any both those dudes were awesome.

I met Tim Thomas (bucks forward from the early 2000s) in a shopping mall outside of Milwaukee. He was wearing some sweatsuit that looked like silk pajamas and had a weird triangle pattern on them. Told him to “lit it up” as the bucks had a video on the Jumbotron that would always say that back then and he laughed and sang the verse.

Went to a signing with Rodman in Vegas, he seemed a bit spaced out but was awesome, had him sign the iconic pic of him laying out for a rebound, joked with him about his nWo days in WCW.
Also ran into Larry Sanders from the Bucks at the MKE airport once, just said hey to him, seemed friendly enough, I was always a fan of him during his time here.

Met Magic Johnson at a Sonics game way back in 2003. Everything you’ve ever heard about his smile, charisma and being a great guy is 100000% factual. One of those dudes who treats you like you were his best friend. Awesome guy, and I say all of this as a Celtics fan who hated him growing up.

Was a teen and I saw Ray Allen at the airport, as a hoops (and UConn) fan I perhaps geeked out a bit too much…but he was cool about it.

Shook his hand, only thing I had on me was a Foot Locker coupon in my wallet and he signed it no problem. Shortly after tho I needed to buy new kicks and couldn’t use that coupon (don’t know where it is anymore either)! :lol:

Now where the Smush Parker interaction at? :emoji_eyes:

Was a teen and I saw Ray Allen at the airport, as a hoops (and UConn) fan I perhaps geeked out a bit too much…but he was cool about it.

Shook his hand, only thing I had on me was a Foot Locker coupon in my wallet and he signed it no problem. Shortly after tho I needed to buy new kicks and couldn’t use that coupon (don’t know where it is anymore either)! :lol:

Reminds me of the time my buddy met the Pharcyde and Rahzel from the Roots. He didn’t have anything for them to sign except $100 bill. When we left the concert, he didn’t have any money for gas so he ended up using that bill. 😂😂😂

Lmaoooo that's funny. I met Ray Allen on a Golf Course in the Seattle burbs when I was like 12. He was mad cool, mad nice. Signed my score card :lol:

I’ve met Chris Paul and his family, they were super nice (and I’m a the court Chris Paul hater (I can’t stand the nut punches and flopping)).

I met Kemba walker and grant williams when they were on the Celtics any both those dudes were awesome.

I met Tim Thomas (bucks forward from the early 2000s) in a shopping mall outside of Milwaukee. He was wearing some sweatsuit that looked like silk pajamas and had a weird triangle pattern on them. Told him to “lit it up” as the bucks had a video on the Jumbotron that would always say that back then and he laughed and sang the verse.
Oh yeah you reminded me I met Tim Thomas too when he was on the knicks lmfao nice dude too. I almost met Lebron and got his autography on my Lebron 11s but he was rushed away by his bodyguards... A funny non NBA related player that I met was Randy Johnson at an airport in Arizona iirc. Dude might as well been a NBA player because holy crap was he tall in person. But I was looking at him at the airport terminal and was lowkey looking back and forth because he looked familiar. He noticed me and put his finger on his lip saying SHHHHH. Then waved to me to come over and dap him up.

My favorite athlete to meet (non basketball) was Mike Tyson, did a signing at Caesars, I had purchased two gloves for him to sign, plus the photo op, he signed the gloves, I got my pic with him and went to walk away, and he said nah man you spent all this money on me, we can take more pictures. So I had him do a pic of him pretending to bite my ear off, so that was an awesome experience.

Out in Seattle this past January for the Winter Classic hockey game and was walking around the stadium afterward and Marshawn was walking the opposite direction, nobody else seemed to notice him so I just said “Beastmode” and gave him a fist bump as we passed each other.

Forsy23 on YouTube has a story of him being a **** at a golf tournament. Factor in that it is very known that he doesn’t tip……well, let’s just say I never feel bad for the guy when his name pops up in the news. Lol
ADVERTISEMENT​
He got his own parking spot at NHQ and i always park in that mf when i have to go into the office LOL never liked dude

Sorry that this is off topic. Does anyone know where I can get Nike NBA jerseys stripped and customized? I saw EPS doesn’t strip lettering any more.

My favorite athlete to meet (non basketball) was Mike Tyson, did a signing at Caesars, I had purchased two gloves for him to sign, plus the photo op, he signed the gloves, I got my pic with him and went to walk away, and he said nah man you spent all this money on me, we can take more pictures. So I had him do a pic of him pretending to bite my ear off, so that was an awesome experience.
My wife’s got a good Tyson one too.

We were in Vegas for our bachelor/bachelorette party (arrived as one group but eventually split ways with our own crew). Along with the “Bride to be” sash and veil, her girls also made her walk around handcuffed to a blow up doll with Justin Bieber’s face slapped on it. Yeah.

They’re walking in Caesars then Tyson passes by, sees her and the doll and stops in his tracks confused: “You marrying this guy?” pointing to Biebs. Wife shocked to see Mike: “Uh…yeah…” Other people then noticed Mike and tried to get a pic but he quickly peaced out (since he makes his bread with those paid photo ops).

New pickup. Debating if I should covert this to a Kawhi or PG-13. Anyone ever strip one of these newer style authentics before?
IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9993.jpeg

i've met tons of nba players througout the years, almost all have been cool... only two guys that ever seemed kinda pissy were corliss williamson and lemarcus aldridge but also dont wanna pass judgement cuz who knows what they were going thru at the time. guys that stand out as being REALLY cool: paul george, nene, kelly olnyk. pascal siakam used to say whats up to me whenever he'd pass thru my work. patrick patterson did me a favor that i will appreciate for life

only dudes i had issues with were reggie miller and bron. no one even knew it was reggie at the food trucks, asked for a pic and he said no i don't do that

only dudes i had issues with were reggie miller and bron. no one even knew it was reggie at the food trucks, asked for a pic and he said no i don't do that
Yeah lebron… and and im a huge…2x Laker Fan!!!! This happened he wasn't even a Laker yet… I was walking At Wynn resort in Vegas he happens to be there and I was just walking not even approaching him for photos and one of his bodyguards told me… hey… sorry no photos at this Moment… I was like… wtf?

I'm not shocked about negative feedback about Pippen because he actually looks like a jerk based on his demeanor. He's been labeled as "No Tippin' Pippen" for his refusal to tip at restaurants. A lot of waiters are familiar with his lack of tipping and try to avoid serving him based on what I read years ago.

I met Magic Johnson back in December 1997. It was amazing to meet my idol. His kindness is the same in real life. I saw him in an El Pollo Loco near UCLA on a Sunday afternoon eating at a table with someone. I only saw him there because I only went in there to use the restroom! I was so excited to see him that I actually f'd up by approaching him while he was seated and eating. But he was nice to me and even introduced the person sitting with him. I basically complimented him. I got his autograph. He was so nice that he even signed a separate autograph for my dad after I requested it. My only regret was approaching him while he was eating. I learned never to approach anyone while they're seated at a restaurant after that. I'm so lucky he didn't blow up on me for that.

Back
Top Bottom