Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

It's common knowledge by now that the City Edition jerseys change every season by default.

But what about the Statement Edition (Alternate) jerseys? Will those be changed every few seasons? I swear it appears that multiple teams have changed their Statement jerseys ever since Nike took over. Like there have been two different Lakers purple Statement jerseys. And there have been two different Bucks black Statement jerseys.

Can anyone verify if the Statement jerseys will change every few seasons by default? Or is it a team's decision to change their Statement jersey?

Yeah lebron… and and im a huge…2x Laker Fan!!!! This happened he wasn't even a Laker yet… I was walking At Wynn resort in Vegas he happens to be there and I was just walking not even approaching him for photos and one of his bodyguards told me… hey… sorry no photos at this Moment… I was like… wtf?
pretty much the exact situation for me during his rookie season. contrast that with kobe who was at the las vegas airport and he took a picture with every last person. there was a literal line and dude took a picture with everyone.

Yeah lebron… and and im a huge…2x Laker Fan!!!! This happened he wasn't even a Laker yet… I was walking At Wynn resort in Vegas he happens to be there and I was just walking not even approaching him for photos and one of his bodyguards told me… hey… sorry no photos at this Moment… I was like… wtf?
Yeah the bodyguards stopped me during ASW in NY 2015. He was about to sign my pair of LBJ11s too til they pushed him to go to the SUV. I was at the back of MSG where the players come out (everyone thought he was coming thru the front to sign stuff at the MSG store and the crowds were insane so I didn't stay there and went to the back to see if any other players would show up). The bodyguards waived me off saying they gotta go before people show up.

Caught Magic randomly shopping at HOH LA back in 2012.

He was really nice and talked to you like he was your friend and that he knew you. Snapped a pic with him before the crowd started to notice. He was still cool.

Low and behold, he was buying a bunch of Kobe VIs plus Lakers merch :rofl:

New pickup. Debating if I should covert this to a Kawhi or PG-13. Anyone ever strip one of these newer style authentics before?
IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9993.jpeg
Hey brianheartsbrain, is that wall authentic from team la store and did it come with the honey and Bill russel 6 patch?

Hey brianheartsbrain, is that wall authentic from team la store and did it come with the honey and Bill russel 6 patch?
Yes, from the TeamLA store online. Came with the ‘honey’ patch only. I added the Bill Russel ‘6’ patch. Hard to pass up for $126.

Anyone know what the actual color names are for the green and purple used on the NOLA city jerseys?

Anyone know what the actual color names are for the green and purple used on the NOLA city jerseys?
i've only seen it as bright green and purple. trucolor has the exact match if you need it.

Jamal Murray city edition authentics & Nuggets white association authentics available

I went to a few Warriors games this year and during one, my girlfriend got me a Chris Paul jersey as she knows he is my favorite player on the team/one of my favorites of all-time. Wore it to another game and after, CP did an interview close to my seats and I shouted "CP!" and pointed to my jersey.

He nodded and as soon as he was done, he walked over to me and I asked if he would sign my jersey & without hesitation, he goes "I got you, man!" I then asked for a pic and he said of course and I thanked him like a million times. It was only a few seconds, but it was such a dope experience. I've been a huge Chris Paul fan since he came to the NBA and it was surreal to actually meet him for a bit & I am forever appreciative.

I also met Dame randomly at the Phoenix airport when I was traveling for work and got a pic with him (happy to share also if you all want to see... him, not my face :rofl:). It was shortly after the 2019 WCF, the airport was packed, and no one went up to him but me. He was really cool too and I said I was a huge fan and asked for a pic (didn't ask for an auto) and he said he really appreciated it & dapped me before we took our flights.

I have met Pip before. He was cool with me, so it really sucks to see that type of interaction.

CP3-Pic.png

CP3-Signed.jpg

I went to a few Warriors games this year and during one, my girlfriend got me a Chris Paul jersey as she knows he is my favorite player on the team/one of my favorites of all-time. Wore it to another game and after, CP did an interview close to my seats and I shouted "CP!" and pointed to my jersey.

He nodded and as soon as he was done, he walked over to me and I asked if he would sign my jersey & without hesitation, he goes "I got you, man!" I then asked for a pic and he said of course and I thanked him like a million times. It was only a few seconds, but it was such a dope experience. I've been a huge Chris Paul fan since he came to the NBA and it was surreal to actually meet him for a bit & I am forever appreciative.

I also met Dame randomly at the Phoenix airport when I was traveling for work and got a pic with him (happy to share also if you all want to see... him, not my face :rofl:). It was shortly after the 2019 WCF, the airport was packed, and no one went up to him but me. He was really cool too and I said I was a huge fan and asked for a pic (didn't ask for an auto) and he said he really appreciated it & dapped me before we took our flights.

I have met Pip before. He was cool with me, so it really sucks to see that type of interaction.

CP3-Pic.png

CP3-Signed.jpg

Current gen players I feel have a different mindset when it comes to fans and general interaction with people. Stars these days do so much for a community.

seems like every game is just a white vs. a black team.... so boring, Nike has ****ed up the NBA uniforms. 🤦‍♂️
Denver at home in black, then why is Boston in white, why can't they be in green then!?

and these city editions .... they are all black. And my Heat looks like **** !! :emoji_cry:😡

seems like every game is just a white vs. a black team.... so boring, Nike has ****ed up the NBA uniforms. 🤦‍♂️
Denver at home in black, then why is Boston in white, why can't they be in green then!?

and these city editions .... they are all black. And my Heat looks like **** !! :emoji_cry:😡
Heat should have just kept the vice set rotation around for city. The white ones never got an authentic release.

CP3-Pic.png

CP3-Signed.jpg

Dope story.

GPII is my new favourite player on the Warriors.

I was at a game last week and was a couple rows behind the Warriors bench, near the tunnel. Before players go into the game they hop on the bike in the tunnel to warm up their legs. Couple guys would go and warm up and keep it cool, no eye contact with fans, etc.

GPII's face LIT UP anytime someone engaged with him. Dude was all smiles, taking selfies with people and engaging as much as possible while also remaining focused on the game. While I didn't get to engage with him, it was still awesome to see considering he grew up privileged/rich and was in a visiting arena.

Dope story.

GPII is my new favourite player on the Warriors.

I was at a game last week and was a couple rows behind the Warriors bench, near the tunnel. Before players go into the game they hop on the bike in the tunnel to warm up their legs. Couple guys would go and warm up and keep it cool, no eye contact with fans, etc.

GPII's face LIT UP anytime someone engaged with him. Dude was all smiles, taking selfies with people and engaging as much as possible while also remaining focused on the game. While I didn't get to engage with him, it was still awesome to see considering he grew up privileged/rich and was in a visiting arena.

Actually, funny enough, the same game I met CP3, during warmups, one of the loose basketballs came right towards me. Naturally, I pick it up, look up right away and GPII is directly in front of me with his hands out ready for the pass. I tossed it to him and he put up a three.

About 10 minutes later, he is stretching and I shout "GP!", he looks up and says to me "Hey, I appreciate you dishing out that assist to me!" and dapped me up. Each interaction I have seen with him on TV with fans he seems super cool. From chatting with fans, signing/taking pics, or always making sure anyone is OK if he is falls in the stands.

Definitely was a dope interaction & just cements how down to earth he is with everyone.

Heat should have just kept the vice set rotation around for city. The white ones never got an authentic release.
Right right.... the Vice edition were great! :emoji_muscle:
Why not just keep them??

Oh right, Nike HAS to make new ones every year.... otherwise they will go bankrupt.....the poor bastards..:emoji_sob:

Back
Top Bottom