Nike Penny 1/2 cent Vs Cody Harris Penny Hybrids

BP's Penny Hybrid >> 1/2 Cents hands down!!

(and that says alot cause i like the 1/2 cents)

**EDIT**
BPs version does look more like a revamped Penny 3, but they're still better than the 1/2 cent all day.

BP's... those infrared 7's
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I personally like the released version better...but that doesn't take from the fact that those renderings are
smokin.gif

I like BP's better. I could see myself wearing more colorways of BP's, but can only see myself wearing the black colorway of the 1/2 cents. BP'slooks more slick IMO, and that all white colorway is smokin.

hmmm... never actually liked the 3's, that wavy ##! on the side throws me off
eyes.gif

1/2 Cents, no contest.... and def because i have them
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is talented, but I like the 1/2 Cents better than his hybrids. I would like to see more if his original concepts. His CW ideas are nice though.

I agree that the 1/2 cents are definitely more of a fusion but those Hybrids are Fire, all four colorways. As far as the 1/2 cents go the Royal CW is head andshoulders above the rest of the CW's set to release so far, I'm still undecided about the black/green1/2s. I wouldn't be undecided about any ofthose. Nike needs to give dude a job!!!

just found this thread. thanks everybody!

for those who haven't seen these:

my original description:
I went with the Penny line, even though pics recently surfaced of the 1/2 cent....I may be in the minority, but I think the 1/2 cent is a very akward looking shoe. The shape doesn't seem right, and I am just not a fan of the design as a whole.

With that being said, I set out to make a more appealing fusion that would do the Penny line justice both aesthetically and performance wise.

I took pieces from each shoe in the line and put them together in a way that I liked. Some pieces play a major roll in the design, like the foam from the IIIs, and some a very minor role. The upper is basically a modified black nubuck Penny I, some stitching has been removed for a cleaner look, and some eyelets have been reworked as well. There is obviously heavy influence from the Penny III, as it is my favorite from the line. The sole is undoubtedly from the Foamposite One, but has also recieved a few tweeks to the carbon fiber and the heel. You can see the 3M piping racing across the upper from the Penny II, and I topped it off with a jewel swoosh from the Penny I.

The medial side was going to have heavy influence from the Penny IV, but unfortunately I wasn't able to come across good enough pics to show that.

A classic Black/Royal colorway with silver accents and quality materials, combined with Air Max in the heel and forefoot Zoom reinsure you that the Penny line is still alive...

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by s dubl

BPs Penny fusion>Fusions period.

These were posted in the Snealer Art forum by BP when 1/2 Cents were very first mentioned. I think even before pics even dropped.

edit: BP is a monster.....check out his PS thread. ___BP Photoshop Showcase___
Amen,
BPs>The 1/2 Cents

Still haven't and probably won't buy any 1/2 Cents.

it does look more like a jazzed up 3 then a hybrid..
but the 3s are my favorite penny so its all good
pimp.gif

i see the foam sole, a lot of little things from the 2s, but nothing from the 4s?
i wish nike would release these.. as a penny 2.5, they did it with jordans.. why not w/ pennys?
id cop every colorway too
pimp.gif

Great shoe looks awesome in purple but im gonna have to go with the 1/2 cent. Not cus they look better but because its a shoe you can buy in a store ratherthan a concept/design.

BP in a route. And those Infrared VII's he did were just
pimp.gif
. If thoseever dropped, they would be copped x4

Originally Posted by bl4ze11

some pics from the link:

pennybphybrid3ky4.jpg

pennybphybrid2hz8.jpg

I'm not a big fan of hybrids but these are sick.

BP's > 1/2 cents.

I love my half cents but id rather have these

Originally Posted by bl4ze11

some pics from the link:

pennybphybrid3ky4.jpg

pennybphybrid2hz8.jpg

I'm not a big fan of hybrids but these are sick.

BP's > 1/2 cents.

BP. *!@ MAN? You are a monster dude, those are just freaking crazy! WOW. Nike should have put the Foam sole on the half cent as is, just like youdid. WOW.
I am stunned man, I would buy those all whites right now for 300$ retail. Im serious.

Great job bro!

Two completely different shoes. I like the 1/2 cents better for the concept of incorporating all the shoes. BP's version is sick as well, that eggplantcolorway is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom