Nike PG 1

Checked out the blck ice pair yesterday at ftl, the nike sign on these looks cheap like its iron on instead of stitched!!! Overall the shoe is ok... probably only would cop the shining pair!!!...

George's comments about having to be the guy to take the last shot made me not want these shoes anymore...

YO! I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that. That has got to be the most selfish and egotistical statement EVER. Sure it may be unspoken that he is the star of the team, but at NO POINT should a superstar put them self before the team, as least not publicly like that. Beyond a poor choice of words. If you're double teamed you'd still want to take a contested shot as opposed to a lesser guarded teammate?! I'd carry the weight of a team loss as opposed to a ball hog mentality of a contested buzzer beater any day. Sure he was hot from behind the arc, but a reckless statement to make during the playoffs.

YO! I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that. That has got to be the most selfish and egotistical statement EVER. Sure it may be unspoken that he is the star of the team, but at NO POINT should a superstar put them self before the team, as least not publicly like that. Beyond a poor choice of words. If you're double teamed you'd still want to take a contested shot as opposed to a lesser guarded teammate?! I'd carry the weight of a team loss as opposed to a ball hog mentality of a contested buzzer beater any day. Sure he was hot from behind the arc, but a reckless statement to make during the playoffs.
yep and I believe that's why he's gone when free agent. He don't like living here in Indy. He wants LA or a bigger stage to play on.

yep and I believe that's why he's gone when free agent. He don't like living here in Indy. He wants LA or a bigger stage to play on.

You think he's worth a bigger market (like LA) though with that attitude and previous injury? He might end up like Danny Granger if he continues to hang around in Indy.

George's comments about having to be the guy to take the last shot made me not want these shoes anymore...

He shouldn't have passs the ball, the star of the team should take the last shot if they have the best shot.

He did come across as whiny though.

His interview came across very bad.

He's been there his entire career, they aren't winning so it's time for a change.

You think he's worth a bigger market (like LA) though with that attitude and previous injury? He might end up like Danny Granger if he continues to hang around in Indy.

His injury is a non-factor, his leg is stronger now than it was before.

Remember when Pippen refused to go back into a game after a time out because Phil Jackson drew up a play for Paxson?

I agree with you that he seems a little egotistical, but it's good to see that he has that killer instinct.

The guy had a really good look for a game winner... Can't ask for much more, but it's a good quality that PG wants the ball in his hands to take the last shot

The coach should of drawn up a better play... they knew the Cavs were going to double him again. Have PG in bound the ball then hand out off to him after he passes it in for game winner! BAD COACHING

You being dramatic or haven't watched very much basketball at all if thats the most selfish and egotistical thing you've ever heard a player say. Furthermore, I wouldn't characterize it as either. He made a good point. He was on fire, and they rode him to that point, like he said he has to take that shot. Anybody that has played ball and most nab coaches/players will tell you they want their hottest/best player taking that shot he was both of those things for them. granted he was 1-4 in the 4th qtr you're being beyond dramatic about the situation. Could he have said it better? Of course it was said in poor taste but there aren't very many ways to say that without it sounding that way period. Aint **** about him being the star of the team unspoken in or outside of the locker room lmao he didn't put himself before the team. He is the best option for their team to succeed lol wtf -- I'd rather he attempted to split the Defense than make the pass. Because at the end of the day you can live with your best player missing. Never ever in life after PG misses a GW shot will anyone say "CJ should have got that shot." but a million times they'll say "PG" or "KD" or whoever HAS to take that shot for a reason lol Being a go to guy isn't some fictitious role. It exists for a reason lmao

That has got to be the most selfish and egotistical statement EVER. 
Selfish? Egotistical? Attitude???

I take it, you don't follow the NBA much at all.

PG is better now than he was before his injury.

You being dramatic or haven't watched very much basketball at all if thats the most selfish and egotistical thing you've ever heard a player say. Furthermore, I wouldn't characterize it as either. He made a good point. He was on fire, and they rode him to that point, like he said he has to take that shot. Anybody that has played ball and most nab coaches/players will tell you they want their hottest/best player taking that shot he was both of those things for them. granted he was 1-4 in the 4th qtr you're being beyond dramatic about the situation. Could he have said it better? Of course it was said in poor taste but there aren't very many ways to say that without it sounding that way period. Aint **** about him being the star of the team unspoken in or outside of the locker room lmao he didn't put himself before the team. He is the best option for their team to succeed lol wtf -- I'd rather he attempted to split the Defense than make the pass. Because at the end of the day you can live with your best player missing. Never ever in life after PG misses a GW shot will anyone say "CJ should have got that shot." but a million times they'll say "PG" or "KD" or whoever HAS to take that shot for a reason lol Being a go to guy isn't some fictitious role. It exists for a reason lmao

I'm dramatic, but you've wasted more time defending him than I did stating my opinion. You don't have to agree, but I've watched "very much" basketball to know, even if he felt that way, you don't say that. Best option isn't always the best opportunity or strategy for winning, and that's applicable to more than just basketball. Nice little coaching strategy you've got there in the latter part of your essay.

Selfish? Egotistical? Attitude???
I take it, you don't follow the NBA much at all.

PG is better now than he was before his injury.

Follow it very much.

Oh and I definitely agree than he is better now than before the injury. Just surprised me that he was vocal in the manner that he was. That's locker room banter with teammates, not media material.

Last edited:
I'm dramatic, but you've wasted more time defending him than I did stating my opinion. You don't have to agree, but I've watched "very much" basketball to know, even if he felt that way, you don't say that. Best option isn't always the best opportunity or strategy for winning, and that's applicable to more than just basketball. Nice little coaching strategy you've got there in the latter part of your essay.
Follow it very much.

Oh and I definitely agree than he is better now than before the injury. Just surprised me that he was vocal in the manner that he was. That's locker room banter with teammates, not media material.
I didn't think much of what he said, that's what superstars should say.

Sounds like something MJ and Kobe would say on a regular basis.

Lebron has been far more whinier this season and any team would accept his attitude with a $200M contract

I didn't think much of what he said, that's what superstars should say.
Sounds like something MJ and Kobe would say on a regular basis.

Lebron has been far more whinier this season and any team would accept his attitude with a $200M contract

I think it was just the avenue (time and place) of which he chose, albeit in public.

My view of team chemistry just seems to differ..sure any star or marquee/franchise athlete is entitled to their opinion when it comes to how their colleagues pale in comparison, but to say it to the media just seems to take shots at the team and the least bit of dysfunction in the playoffs can be detrimental.

Granted if PG13 was wide open, this would be a totally different conversation..

I think I should have went up a half size on these after all ... They are very snug and seem narrow and I don't have wide feet

I echo those sentiments...

Last edited:
Follow it very much.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Son you are sensitive as **** lmao
This NikeTalk not lipstick alley -- get off your period. You think I'm dramatic because I typed a bit disagreeing with you? You mad a go to guy wants the last shot like they expect of him to. You the only person in here crying about this. PG touched your soul with that ****.

I honestly understand where he was coming from, how many times do we complain about star players running from the big moment, so when one wants the big moment because that is what is expected of him then it is no good, either way, I ordered the shoes and I eagerly await.

I honestly understand where he was coming from, how many times do we complain about star players running from the big moment, so when one wants the big moment because that is what is expected of him then it is no good, either way, I ordered the shoes and I eagerly await.
Are they being imported or exported?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom