Nike PG 4

Just throwing it out there, If anyone doesn’t want their pg pins, please let me know.

JS”

Best bet is to check eBay. One sold today for about $30.00.
Finding someone to give you one for free will be tough, but I'll take one too if someone is that kind. :lol:

PO

Last edited:
73BFB2E9-53A0-4A28-AA39-85A78B86188F.jpeg
D3BA12D5-DA6C-40AA-9A7C-D91C35D13DB7.jpeg
5518BF59-536E-45A0-B727-902ADCEE68BA.jpeg

2 hour hoop session in the 2k's yesterday, had to hoop for Kobe.

Almsot everything about this shoe is good. Cushioning felt plush during shootaround, but after the moisture starts kicking in, the insole made the cushioning feel mushy to me and I'm a semi hefty dude. My soleus ( muscle under the calf muscle) and my shins were sore while playing, which rarely happens to me. Felt like I'm sinking into the shoe getting up and down the floor. My lateral movement on D was not there, the shoes aren't snappy in terms of that, from my experience atleast.

Not sure what to do at this point, maybe I'll try a diff insole. We'll see. but otherwise I do really enjoy the shoe and tough to beat at the price point

Yea I feel you. That's why I mentioned my size and wanted to limit the cons. But then I realize theres dude bigger than me that'll potentially want to hoop in these.

But yea in hindsight, the one issue is a big one. But taking fit, containment, traction, into account is all good but yea the foundation of the shoe doesn't seem suitable for me.

Good looks

Yea I feel you. That's why I mentioned my size and wanted to limit the cons. But then I realize theres dude bigger than me that'll potentially want to hoop in these.

But yea in hindsight, the one issue is a big one. But taking fit, containment, traction, into account is all good but yea the foundation of the shoe doesn't seem suitable for me.

Good looks
What kind of weight we talking? 200? 225?
I can relate to the mushy feel - feltgood during try onbut didn’t play. Need some type of shank plate or support

Yea about 200lbs. I've always had great mobility even at my size, but these held me back quite a bit.

Definitely glad we could all just come in here a share our 2 cents. Everyone gonna have a different experience when it comes to performance products. But when we find that ONE, it's always great feeling.

the mushy complaint reminds me of when I use to wear adidas shoes with the adiprene like mad handles

a firmer thinner insole should help

ortholite insoles are the worst. make my feet legs and shins hurt like crazy

Down with the flu but had to take my oldest to practice. Managed to shoot around a little on an empty court. Very surprised - traction felt fantastic although it was just a couple of crosses and some jumpers. Cushioning was great - soft (I agree with the insole being too soft) but didn’t feel unstable. I was on the fence because of the blocky midsole but it didn’t feel unstable at all. Can’t wait until Wednesday to get some real time in them if I feel better.

1658D393-B5B2-4D4B-8D28-48001E7B208A.jpeg
10DDAF04-F47A-4107-B9AB-ED18772F377B.jpeg

IMG_20200121_231653.jpg
IMG_20200123_202009.jpg

I am at a loss on how to describe this shoe. Unfortunately I couldn't get a 12.5 so I went with a 12. I like the zipper/upper but it took a little finessing to get on (better than PG1 though). Played a whole game. They felt a little tight but I had a half a thumbs width up front so the fit was right. Traction was fine on clean court. Cushion is hard to describe - my 2 thoughts were somewhat like Air Max 2009 was squeezed into a basketball outsole OR a non-responsive Boost sole was put into a cored-out Nike sole. It wasn't bad or good it was just different. Almost like playing in a running shoe cushion but with a good upper and traction that didn't allow you to roll over the edges. All I can say is this is a shoe you really need to try for yourself because it is way different than anything I've played in lately. But I'll for sure give them another run sooner or later once I get a few months of Kobe only pairs done with.

Also I'm 6'3" 225 lbs. since inquiring minds sometimes want to know. I'm not quick but can still dunk pretty easy so cushion and grip are my main needs and I don't care if the shoes are heavy because my fatness can handle a few extra ounces no problem.

Got these in yesterday. Anybody else having trouble with the insoles? They're so damn thick, and felt unstable for me. Took them out and put some thinner ones in, and the the fit was much better too. Had to go a full size up.

Back
Top Bottom