NIKE: PLEASE retro the Air Speed Turf Max!! (PICS + PETITION)

The petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/1995Max/petition.html

My personal pair:

SpeedTurfMax%20001.JPG

SpeedTurfMax%20002.JPG

SpeedTurfMax%20003.JPG

I think we've been more than patient. These prob.haven't even been considered, but countless other shoes have and basically collected dust, so I think it's time to give the Speed Turf Max a shot. With the right colorways (originals included) and proper timing (that doesn't collide w/any major release), I think these could be huge.

If you agree, please sign the petition and forward it to anyone who may be down for the cause! It's a longshot, but hey...*****in about it wasn't doin anything, so may as well try another approach

The petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/1995Max/petition.html

My personal pair:

SpeedTurfMax%20001.JPG

SpeedTurfMax%20002.JPG

SpeedTurfMax%20003.JPG

I think we've been more than patient. These prob.haven't even been considered, but countless other shoes have and basically collected dust, so I think it's time to give the Speed Turf Max a shot. With the right colorways (originals included) and proper timing (that doesn't collide w/any major release), I think these could be huge.

If you agree, please sign the petition and forward it to anyone who may be down for the cause! It's a longshot, but hey...*****in about it wasn't doin anything, so may as well try another approach

Originally Posted by air max 87

when nikes ready theyll do it.....

laugh.gif
I don't doubt that, but cross trainers as a whole have such a huge stable of classics that have seen no sign of retro light. I've made the point over the years to show that. We're talking a good chunk of shoes that have seen nothing. Those that do come out seem to fail on the grounds of quality control issues. Trainers are such a niche market apparently that people actually care all of a sudden what they are buying. The successful model to look at was the griffeys. I could easily see every mid to late 90s trainer follow that mold.

failed GRs over the years:
-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

Everything else since 2001 pretty much has been a limited release.

It's crazy when you look at the logistics as to why cross trainers arent popular, and then you realize that when they are a big general release, the shoes just suck. And even when they are not, stuff is lacking. As a whole, the genre has been crapped on.

sorry for the trainer rant. thats all i seem to post. I just hate seeing shoes fail, due to Nike's own volition, and then blaming consumers... The griffey's showed, if something is done right, instant paranoia.

laugh.gif
I don't doubt that, but cross trainers as a whole have such a huge stable of classics that have seen no sign of retro light. I've made the point over the years to show that. We're talking a good chunk of shoes that have seen nothing. Those that do come out seem to fail on the grounds of quality control issues. Trainers are such a niche market apparently that people actually care all of a sudden what they are buying. The successful model to look at was the griffeys. I could easily see every mid to late 90s trainer follow that mold.

-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

It's crazy when you look at the logistics as to why cross trainers arent popular, and then you realize that when they are a big general release, the shoes just suck. And even when they are not, stuff is lacking. As a whole, the genre has been crapped on.

sorry for the trainer rant. thats all i seem to post. I just hate seeing shoes fail, due to Nike's own volition, and then blaming consumers... The griffey's showed, if something is done right, instant paranoia.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

laugh.gif

-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

I agree w/you on the comments about the Griffeys...

IMO, the Trainer SC's were doomed from the beginning. The Zoom Turf's had a ton of changes which pissed the original owners of those shoes off. The Deions...IDK where they went wrong with that one; I DO know that oversaturation of colorways was one thing. The Speed Turf only had 2, so I think if they released the original 2, and maybe 3 or 4 new ones in the RIGHT color schemes, it'd be an instant hit.

C'mon now...if you can take a chance on Tech Challenges, they can take a chance on these!

laugh.gif

-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

IMO, the Trainer SC's were doomed from the beginning. The Zoom Turf's had a ton of changes which pissed the original owners of those shoes off. The Deions...IDK where they went wrong with that one; I DO know that oversaturation of colorways was one thing. The Speed Turf only had 2, so I think if they released the original 2, and maybe 3 or 4 new ones in the RIGHT color schemes, it'd be an instant hit.

C'mon now...if you can take a chance on Tech Challenges, they can take a chance on these!

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

laugh.gif

-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

These are nice but Tech Challenges they are not.  The tech challenge is in a  completely different league than these, however, these are better than half the crap that Nike decides to bring back so I'm with a retro if done right.  

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

laugh.gif

-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

These are nice but Tech Challenges they are not.  The tech challenge is in a  completely different league than these, however, these are better than half the crap that Nike decides to bring back so I'm with a retro if done right.  

laugh.gif

-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

I can see your point 1000%, and it's what I been saying myself for a while now. But at least the re-issue of the barry sanders was still 10 times better than the re-issue of the deions tho. And don't worry, you're not alone when it comes to loving trainers either.

Back
Top Bottom