NIKE: PLEASE retro the Air Speed Turf Max!! (PICS + PETITION)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by air max 87

when nikes ready theyll do it.....

laugh.gif
I don't doubt that, but cross trainers as a whole have such a huge stable of classics that have seen no sign of retro light. I've made the point over the years to show that. We're talking a good chunk of shoes that have seen nothing. Those that do come out seem to fail on the grounds of quality control issues. Trainers are such a niche market apparently that people actually care all of a sudden what they are buying. The successful model to look at was the griffeys. I could easily see every mid to late 90s trainer follow that mold.

failed GRs over the years:
-zoom turf barry sanders
-dt deions x 2
laugh.gif

-auburn sc trainer bo's

Everything else since 2001 pretty much has been a limited release.

It's crazy when you look at the logistics as to why cross trainers arent popular, and then you realize that when they are a big general release, the shoes just suck. And even when they are not, stuff is lacking. As a whole, the genre has been crapped on.

sorry for the trainer rant. thats all i seem to post. I just hate seeing shoes fail, due to Nike's own volition, and then blaming consumers... The griffey's showed, if something is done right, instant paranoia.

I can see your point 1000%, and it's what I been saying myself for a while now. But at least the re-issue of the barry sanders was still 10 times better than the re-issue of the deions tho. And don't worry, you're not alone when it comes to loving trainers either.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

I agree w/you on the comments about the Griffeys...

IMO, the Trainer SC's were doomed from the beginning. The Zoom Turf's had a ton of changes which pissed the original owners of those shoes off. The Deions...IDK where they went wrong with that one; I DO know that oversaturation of colorways was one thing. The Speed Turf only had 2, so I think if they released the original 2, and maybe 3 or 4 new ones in the RIGHT color schemes, it'd be an instant hit.
See this is where I disagree, 3 or 4 non-OG colorways is the definition of oversaturation.  If the shoe had 2 cw's originally, release those 2 FIRST. Wanna know why? Because they're the best colorways.  They were a part of the initial design of the shoe and if they're still considered desirable 10, 15, 20 years later they must have done something right. THEN, and only then, I'm okay with a couple experimental non-OG colorways, go ahead and try it out for all I care. But don't release more colorways than the original had, and especially don't release them BEFORE the release of the highly-desired OG cw (like they're doing with the Emerald Griffeys
grin.gif
).  I have a feeling we'll see eggplant and copper Griffeys before we see emeralds
tired.gif

And for the record, I love the Speed Turfs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

I agree w/you on the comments about the Griffeys...

IMO, the Trainer SC's were doomed from the beginning. The Zoom Turf's had a ton of changes which pissed the original owners of those shoes off. The Deions...IDK where they went wrong with that one; I DO know that oversaturation of colorways was one thing. The Speed Turf only had 2, so I think if they released the original 2, and maybe 3 or 4 new ones in the RIGHT color schemes, it'd be an instant hit.
See this is where I disagree, 3 or 4 non-OG colorways is the definition of oversaturation.  If the shoe had 2 cw's originally, release those 2 FIRST. Wanna know why? Because they're the best colorways.  They were a part of the initial design of the shoe and if they're still considered desirable 10, 15, 20 years later they must have done something right. THEN, and only then, I'm okay with a couple experimental non-OG colorways, go ahead and try it out for all I care. But don't release more colorways than the original had, and especially don't release them BEFORE the release of the highly-desired OG cw (like they're doing with the Emerald Griffeys
grin.gif
).  I have a feeling we'll see eggplant and copper Griffeys before we see emeralds
tired.gif

And for the record, I love the Speed Turfs
pimp.gif

Signed But How Many Do You Need To Actually Get Them To Retro.? An I Seen Somebody Say These Should Drop In A Miami Dolphins Colorway....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Signed But How Many Do You Need To Actually Get Them To Retro.? An I Seen Somebody Say These Should Drop In A Miami Dolphins Colorway....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, this is a dope shoe. However, I don't always agree on the point that the best colorways of a specific shoe are the OG colorways of that particular shoe...

I would think the most revered colorways are the original colorways...doesn't necesarilly always qualify as the "best". I think these 2 colorways are really nice on this shoe, but if Nike decided to "freshen" these up a bit with a new color scheme, I could see those easily surpassing both of these OG colorways as the best.....

Nike bring these joints back out. They are highly appreciated, and I've always loved shoes like this and the Nike Air Barrage.
pimp.gif
(signed)

Yeah, this is a dope shoe. However, I don't always agree on the point that the best colorways of a specific shoe are the OG colorways of that particular shoe...

I would think the most revered colorways are the original colorways...doesn't necesarilly always qualify as the "best". I think these 2 colorways are really nice on this shoe, but if Nike decided to "freshen" these up a bit with a new color scheme, I could see those easily surpassing both of these OG colorways as the best.....

Nike bring these joints back out. They are highly appreciated, and I've always loved shoes like this and the Nike Air Barrage.
pimp.gif
(signed)

pimp.gif
(signed)

pimp.gif
(signed)

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

pimp.gif
(signed)
sometimes that is true...but most of the time an OG colorway beats out any new retro colorway, and let's face it, the majority of retro colorways of most of the decade were pure garbage. 

Dont get me wrong, i'm all for new colorways (as long as they actually compliment the look of the shoe), but the OG look and feel is the reason why we buy retros in the first place, to bring it back the way it used to be, to relive the glory days. I understand you gotta throw in some new colorways to appeal to the masses, but if some people dont want to buy the OG colorways then they aint got to. Simple as that. More for me.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

pimp.gif
(signed)
sometimes that is true...but most of the time an OG colorway beats out any new retro colorway, and let's face it, the majority of retro colorways of most of the decade were pure garbage. 

Dont get me wrong, i'm all for new colorways (as long as they actually compliment the look of the shoe), but the OG look and feel is the reason why we buy retros in the first place, to bring it back the way it used to be, to relive the glory days. I understand you gotta throw in some new colorways to appeal to the masses, but if some people dont want to buy the OG colorways then they aint got to. Simple as that. More for me.

Everytime I see those Dan Marino Speed Turfs I want em more.  Would copp so many pairs if they retroed.

Everytime I see those Dan Marino Speed Turfs I want em more.  Would copp so many pairs if they retroed.

Back
Top Bottom