Nike Pro Combat shirts/shorts

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by size twelve

you guys really get fouled that hard?

me, i do the fouling. hahaha.
roll.gif
 JERK! lol jk
I think the hip and back pads are pretty useless, but I've been kneed in the thigh before and got a dead leg so having the thigh padding definitely helps

I've been hip bumped/checked alot playing ball. Especially people who set screens allday and you rolling of them screens.

Originally Posted by nimhet

roll.gif
 JERK! lol jk
I think the hip and back pads are pretty useless, but I've been kneed in the thigh before and got a dead leg so having the thigh padding definitely helps

I've been hip bumped/checked alot playing ball. Especially people who set screens allday and you rolling of them screens.

roll.gif
 JERK! lol jk
come on bro, i know you've played in those barangay leagues where it's larong buko.. no blood no foul status.

and yeah, i get bumped but i always deal it out too. i guess as i get older my game gets more gulang. haha.

roll.gif
 JERK! lol jk
come on bro, i know you've played in those barangay leagues where it's larong buko.. no blood no foul status.

and yeah, i get bumped but i always deal it out too. i guess as i get older my game gets more gulang. haha.

Here my take on Nike Pro Combat gear

I have 2 pairs of the shorts. I got them from Ross for like 8 and 14 dollars. I wear them when I play in my Basketball league games and when I'm playing pickup against better competition. 

They are alright, I basically wear them because I figure they may help and they arent restrictive at all. BUT......I don't think they are necessary at all unless you're a guy who's driving to the hoop alot, trying to dunk and drawing contact.  I've only seen a handful guys who truly fit that description. They definitely aren't worth that 80 dollar price tag Nike is trying to get for them especially when the standard Nike Compression shorts go for 30 dollars.

Here my take on Nike Pro Combat gear

I have 2 pairs of the shorts. I got them from Ross for like 8 and 14 dollars. I wear them when I play in my Basketball league games and when I'm playing pickup against better competition. 

They are alright, I basically wear them because I figure they may help and they arent restrictive at all. BUT......I don't think they are necessary at all unless you're a guy who's driving to the hoop alot, trying to dunk and drawing contact.  I've only seen a handful guys who truly fit that description. They definitely aren't worth that 80 dollar price tag Nike is trying to get for them especially when the standard Nike Compression shorts go for 30 dollars.

^^^ i agree that they aren't worth the $70-$75 retail tag, but they are well worth the Ross prices. i don't live near one and can't pick those up, but i did get a pair of the shorts for $40...and i think they were well worth that price for competitive ball. as you say, they're great for slashers, but they're also great for scrappy guys who take charges, dive for balls, etc. i played in a league with some older guys who play very physically (since they can't run as much), and the combat shorts saved me many quad shots and bruised tailbones.  

^^^ i agree that they aren't worth the $70-$75 retail tag, but they are well worth the Ross prices. i don't live near one and can't pick those up, but i did get a pair of the shorts for $40...and i think they were well worth that price for competitive ball. as you say, they're great for slashers, but they're also great for scrappy guys who take charges, dive for balls, etc. i played in a league with some older guys who play very physically (since they can't run as much), and the combat shorts saved me many quad shots and bruised tailbones.  

I wear compression shorts every day. I wear compression/heat gear shirts everyday. I wear compression shorts when I workout because I don't want my junk all over the place!

Jordan wearing compression shorts back in the day is not the same as padded body armor sleeves on every joint of your body!

I wear compression shorts every day. I wear compression/heat gear shirts everyday. I wear compression shorts when I workout because I don't want my junk all over the place!

Jordan wearing compression shorts back in the day is not the same as padded body armor sleeves on every joint of your body!

Originally Posted by HMack007

lol im pretty sure the ONLY  reason jordan DIDNT wear it then is cus it wasnt made! you think he wouldnt have loved that %*!+...have you never herd of the "jordan rules"? the pistons used to try and kill mike when he went to the basket! it aint like them cats had the option and said no. jordan wore a frickin wristband on his elbow for christ sakes.........that was good for absolutely nothing! not to mention the knee sleeve on the calf (which may as well be a pad like today...so why yall keep sayin they wouldnt have done this and that...they did, jus didnt have the same technology. like people say they wouldnt have been on twitter...+@$%+#%%...easy to say when you old....jordan would have been tweetin all kinds of cocky %*!+...barkley too!

lol im pretty sure the ONLY  reason jordan DIDNT wear it then is cus it wasnt made! you think he wouldnt have loved that %*!+...have you never herd of the "jordan rules"? the pistons used to try and kill mike when he went to the basket! it aint like them cats had the option and said no. jordan wore a frickin wristband on his elbow for christ sakes.........that was good for absolutely nothing! not to mention the knee sleeve on the calf (which may as well be a pad like today...so why yall keep sayin they wouldnt have done this and that...they did, jus didnt have the same technology. like people say they wouldnt have been on twitter...+@$%+#%%...easy to say when you old....jordan would have been tweetin all kinds of cocky %*!+...barkley too!

Originally Posted by lbfitted

clapping.gif
 WELL SAID SIR!!!!

wanna see someone reply with something to counter this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

clapping.gif
 WELL SAID SIR!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

clapping.gif
 WELL SAID SIR!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Body bag!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

clapping.gif
 WELL SAID SIR!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Body bag!!
laugh.gif

lol game over finally........... oh yea.......... wristbands do have a purpose though. they help you wipe off the sweat from your face instead of using your wet jersey.

lol game over finally........... oh yea.......... wristbands do have a purpose though. they help you wipe off the sweat from your face instead of using your wet jersey.

Any who I love my combat shorts there excellent big ups to who ever posted ross have them awhile back for $18 copped a couple pair thanks to a fellow NT'er

Back
Top Bottom