Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Only reason I’m interested is because I overpronate and need something more stable than the epic react. To be honest I’m looking at them more as walking shoes for Japan I’m not really a runner.
As walking shoes they're good.. The 1s are a bit stiffer, the 2s a bit more breathable.
If it was rainy season I'd say shields, but in the hot weather they can be a bit stuffy.

Only reason I’m interested is because I overpronate and need something more stable than the epic react. To be honest I’m looking at them more as walking shoes for Japan I’m not really a runner.

Used ER1s for walking in the city/light hiking around the PNW. Extremely comfortable. Also nice at the airport since I can slip them on/off if I lace them slightly looser.

C5AFC298-E144-4934-8B0C-752B144EFFDD.jpeg

I’m really enjoying the fit and feel of the React Havoc. Will get the other colorways on discount to actually run in.

Interesting that those use the X14 React. How do those feel versus an ER?

Nice run on the boardwalk today

6C24FB55-5159-456C-8CBC-777D083152F0.jpeg

Just retired my wolf grey ER1’s @ 350 miles (recorded). There was definitely more mileage on them as I did 800m warm ups and cool downs after a majority of my runs.
nice! i’m curious— how did you know it was time to retire them? i’ve recorded over 115 miles on my ER1’s and have the nike app’s goal at 350.

nice! i’m curious— how did you know it was time to retire them? i’ve recorded over 115 miles on my ER1’s and have the nike app’s goal at 350.

I started to get slight heel and knee pains, pains in which I never felt before. I’m a supinator so there was a good amount of wear on the outer bottom sole of the shoes and also, I have gained a good amount of weight since March of this year so I figured it was time to swap these out with a fresh pair. Not to say these flattened or bottomed out like Boost does but I could tell my body just needed something newer to keep up with the different body mass.

I know of some runners, not active in this thread, who were able to put about 400+ miles on there pairs and still use them afterwards.

I probably still could’ve used them casually after retiring them but 1) they pop 2) they are dirty as hell and I don’t feel like washing them lol

Last edited:
I started to get slight heel and knee pains, pains in which I never felt before. I’m a supinator so there was a good amount of wear on the outer bottom sole of the shoes and also, I have gained a good amount of weight since March of this year so I figured it was time to swap these out with a fresh pair. Not to say these flattened or bottomed out like Boost does but I could tell my body just needed something newer to keep up with the different body mass.

I know of some runners, not active in this thread, who were able to put about 400+ miles on there pairs and still use them afterwards.

I probably still could’ve used them casually after retiring them but 1) they pop 2) they are dirty as hell and I don’t feel like washing them lol
got it. just wanted to make note of any signs that i should be watching out for since i'm still pretty new to running (or at least doing it right, lol). i remember reading a review early on for the ER1's on some running website where they said that most folks will get about 400 miles out of them, so 350 seems like it makes sense. the knee pains are a bummer though -- they were the whole reason that i switched over from Free to ER1's.

thanks for the response!

got it. just wanted to make note of any signs that i should be watching out for since i'm still pretty new to running (or at least doing it right, lol). i remember reading a review early on for the ER1's on some running website where they said that most folks will get about 400 miles out of them, so 350 seems like it makes sense. the knee pains are a bummer though -- they were the whole reason that i switched over from Free to ER1's.

thanks for the response!

No prob and the knee pains were slight, nothing major that would want me to change to a different type of shoe. I loved the comfort and cushion the ER’s offer, hence why I’m running with my second pair. I didn’t feel any sort of pains after my run today.

Just like any shoe when it’s near it’s end, there’ll be signs when it’s time to switch it out.

Last edited:
Interesting that those use the X14 React. How do those feel versus an ER?

To me the ER is just a little too much cushion and something like the Presto React is straight overkill.

My performance go to for React is the Zoom Fly FK because the carbon plate helps give a bit more response instead of the ER where it feels like I’m sinking into it.

As for the upper it feels exactly like the AM 270.

Nice how much? Started wearing my $52 pair from fnl this week and they’re pretty amazing. Do it all shoe. Light weight for summer.
$75. It is an all around shoe. I find myself wearing these instead of other models most of the time. I wear the ERs year round. Never put seasons into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
$75. It is an all around shoe. I find myself wearing these instead of other models most of the time. I wear the ERs year round. Never put seasons into consideration.
Will Footlocker or Champs price match that $75 online price? Still mad I missed that Finishline sale.

Can you transfer that lace system to another shoe?
Yeah, I'd say it's possible..
The laces feed through a hole in the 'hook' part, so I'd imagine they're just glued into place..
with a dremel and some care and patience you could probably do it.

I've looked for similar lacing systems to buy, and all the others are the bungee ones with the toggle on the end.
Not found any with a hook type thing, but again it's probably something you could make fairly easily.

Ahhh. Good to know. Nike By You/NIKEiD offers that same lacing system for their latest running line-up.

Back
Top Bottom