Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

B722952F-1C3B-4DE1-81C9-20D0E0AF9002.jpeg
EE97DAB9-78A4-4EFE-86F4-4E8BD72816E1.jpeg
F3BFE58D-21BC-4F10-BC02-519707EC5A5D.jpeg
7667E5A1-A676-4485-8462-C56E34AC97CB.jpeg

Nike React-Type GTX

I saw these were a part of the 20% off ALLYOU sale, and glad I grabbed them. Different look and the perfect rainy day kicks with a little React comfort.

Got my IR grays today. I have pretty flat feet and for the last 3-4 years I've pretty much worn nothing but the discontinued Zoom Odysseys. I've also had Saucony Omnis and a couple versions of the Kayanos. Just wearing around the house I have to say these do feel pretty different than I'm used to...the narrow midsole feels kinda wierd but surprisingly without a medial posting they still feel plenty stable. I will wear around the house for a ew days before deciding if I want to keep them.
I am really looking forward to your review and feedback. All of the reviewers thus far have been neutral shoe users that don't need stability type shoes.

I am really looking forward to your review and feedback. All of the reviewers thus far have been neutral shoe users that don't need stability type shoes.

Stablilty-wise, I'd probably say the supportive feeling comes pretty close to what the Zoom Structures were or maybe a little less. I'm not saying the IR are bad at all. I plan on keeping my pair...cushioning is great (this is my first experience with react) I'm so used to the posted high end stability shoes, that's what still feels most comfortable to me but as we can see, the trend a lot of brands are now using is to move away from that into more of this guide rail stuff.

Curios to know if anyone sized down .5 in the IR?

From our previous conversation, you know I did.
I also think your deduction may be right with regards to sizing being different (smaller) with shoes made in 2019 and beyond.

I usually get 13, and that’s what worked best in my Vaporfly FK4%, Peg Turbo 2, Epic React 1, and any basketball shoe previously. Almost every Nike shoe I purchased last/this year I felt I could have went a half size down and been fine or did go half size down because of heel slip or just too big.

Air Max 270 React - 12.5, have a little heel slip that makes me wonder about a 12.
Presto React - 12.5; I tried on a 12 at an outlet and realized it would fit fine, maybe because of material?
Infinity Run 12.5; 13 was too big and lots of heel slip.
Lebron 17 - 12.5, 13 was too big, no heel slip but way too much room in toe area.
Huarache - 13, I think this because how snug they are to begin with.

In essence, maybe they are doing better on their sizing, unfortunately for me being a 12.5 by their new standards means I usually have to buy immediately with anything new.

Last edited:
Any good marathon docs/movies (or about running in general) recommendations available on any streaming services available? I want to watch a few after my long run.

Stablilty-wise, I'd probably say the supportive feeling comes pretty close to what the Zoom Structures were or maybe a little less. I'm not saying the IR are bad at all. I plan on keeping my pair...cushioning is great (this is my first experience with react) I'm so used to the posted high end stability shoes, that's what still feels most comfortable to me but as we can see, the trend a lot of brands are now using is to move away from that into more of this guide rail stuff.
Thanks! I've worn GT2000s, kayanos, NB 860's... even the lunarglide and ultraboost ST so hearing that it feels similar to the structure is amazing. I was fearful it was going to be a faux stability shoe ala the odyssey react.

Still waiting for the black colourway to drop in the UK.

No idea why you'd make the launch pair all white in the middle of winter!

Tried on the IR at my local Richards yesterday. I wasn't a huge fan of the ER1 or ER2 in terms of running, but I am going to pick these up once better color options come out.
I liked the rocker design and the extra react felt pretty nice. Definitely an improvement in terms of comfort and stability. I went with my true size and will go with that when I end up buying.

IMG_20200117_201048.jpg

My first time seeing them and my local store and they only had women's pairs. Tried on size 10 (men's 8.5). TTS is the way to go. I'm currently running with the peg turbo 1 and primeboost 2018. I'm definitely getting the red pair this week.

Still waiting for the black colourway to drop in the UK.

No idea why you'd make the launch pair all white in the middle of winter!

I just ordered a black pair from keller-sports.co.uk - German based (I think) but they seem to have the black colour already and will ship to the uk!

sorry - i just checked and its no longer up on that website, my current order is still 'pending' so hope they do end up sending it!

Last edited:
I just ordered a black pair from keller-sports.co.uk - German based (I think) but they seem to have the black colour already and will ship to the uk!

sorry - i just checked and its no longer up on that website, my current order is still 'pending' so hope they do end up sending it!
Thanks man, hopefully they ship it! Some good deals to be had on there too!

The toe box is a little stiff out of the gate, but after walking around it does give. The React feels good as expected. There’s some slight padding on the inside around the heel, sides and back of the tongue that is a nice bonus too.

how long did it take to soften up? I grabbed a pair that I wore around the house a few times, but I didn’t like the feeling of that material pinching down on my toes/top of foot every time I took a step.

Back
Top Bottom