Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Even if these are a bit firm at first, I would think they'll soften up after a few wearings. I've had several pair of the Zoom Odysseys and those are stiff as hell at first but they break in nicely.

Last edited:
Wonder if we will get a multi color cw for these like the ER1s
I'm stunned we never got a triple black CW for the Phantoms. I felt like an idiot paying IDs prices just to make an all black laceless ER2, when every other shoe Nike makes eventually comes in a TB CW.

Oh oh... not good... not good at all. All of Nike's hype train talked about more React foam for a plusher ride. But more rubber coverage, thicker midsole, and larger heel clip all equal firmer stiffer ride.
i mean you got the Presto React for that but i agree tbh, maybe they'll take a year off the ER and make the 3 next year.

JBR has a legit running shoe in the Jordan React Havoc. I was really impressed with them on this LSD run right out of the box on their first run. The forefoot Zoom paired with the React tooling made these a pleasure to run in. They have just the right balance of responsiveness and plushness that I want in shoe for medium to long distances.

F3718ECD-4051-4591-B1BC-5B7C8B3D9E5C.jpeg

Attachments

• C62142BE-294E-4524-B2B4-03AA0BA9391D.jpeg
    C62142BE-294E-4524-B2B4-03AA0BA9391D.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 229
JBR has a legit running shoe in the Jordan React Havoc. I was really impressed with them.
Thanks illustrayt... you endorsing a shoe is big, as you are a legit runner. I will give them a try. I'm a mid to forefoot striker with an exaggerated toe off, so the forefoot zoom air should help. Nike seems to put air in a lot of their heels, which doesn't help me as I only heel strike when going down steep hills.

LOVE the React Havocs. The only downside (for me) was the bootie construction. I have a low instep, so I always prefer a traditional tongue.
Thanks tigo. The reason I haven't tried them yet is the bootie construction. I have a HIGH instep, so I was worried it will be constricting during my range of motion. That is why I take my laces off my ERs and prefer Phantoms, so the top of the flyknit will flex enough for my instep during stride.

Thanks illustrayt... you endorsing a shoe is big, as you are a legit runner. I will give them a try. I'm a mid to forefoot striker with an exaggerated toe off, so the forefoot zoom air should help. Nike seems to put air in a lot of their heels, which doesn't help me as I only heel strike when going down steep hills.

I have a similar footstrike as yours, so I think they’ll suit you well!

On a side note, yesterday I ran the same distance at the same effort in the Vomero14s for the first time as well, which utilize a (thin) full length Zoom Air unit and React tooling. The ride was not fun. I developed arch pain after mile two and throughout the entire ten mile run. I was limping a bit after it all, but it subsided after I switched shoes. I felt like I performed so much better in the Havocs, which only have (maybe?) a thicker forefoot Zoom Air unit and React tooling.

Last edited:
which utilize a (thin) full length Zoom Air unit and React tooling. The ride was not fun.
I've found I cannot use a full length zoom air shoe, and I've tried them all from Nike. It fights my stride. Separate heel and forefoot air units are OK, but when the two are connected, it just doesn't feel right when running at 7-8mm pace.

JBR has a legit running shoe in the Jordan React Havoc. I was really impressed with them on this LSD run right out of the box on their first run. The forefoot Zoom paired with the React tooling made these a pleasure to run in. They have just the right balance of responsiveness and plushness that I want in shoe for medium to long distances.

Forefoot zoom and react heel sounds incredible, might have to try out a pair now thanks for the review!

i absolutely hate how narrow the shoe is but hopefully this one would fit wider...

JORDAN REACT HAVOC SE JSP
1573479803801.png
1573479651501.png

1573479803801.png

The only Havoc I've liked the look of was the grey/Hyperviolet one (AR8815 002), and I don't think they've been available from anywhere that ships to the UK.

Some more varied/lairy CW's in them would have been nice, but most of them are pretty simple (dull) offerings.

Last edited:
Really disappointed if the ER's are done. I think I have 8 pair now, going to cop a few more and then double up on most of them. I love AM1 but ER's have become my daily shoe to the office during the week.

I've found I cannot use a full length zoom air shoe, and I've tried them all from Nike. It fights my stride. Separate heel and forefoot air units are OK, but when the two are connected, it just doesn't feel right when running at 7-8mm pace.

Co-sign. FLZ units just don’t work for me as well.

All I prefer is just a decent sized forefoot Zoom Air unit (Zoom Elite 8-9 and FKRs) however, getting a separate heel Zoom Air unit is a welcomed bonus (Peg 33-34 and Vomero 10-13). With that, I’m a fan of the Havocs. Plus, they can be acquired on the LOW. I got my Volt pair for $49 before taxes during the Nike F&F.

These FLZ based shoes have been cut from my running rotation and downgraded to casual/work wear.

Last edited:
What worries me about the lofted flyknit of the IR is that it looks like it has a consistent even weave across toe box, instep, and forefoot. The ER1 and ER2 flyknits have a variable weave that makes it stretch differently in different parts of the upper. The lofted flyknit might as well be just flymesh, cuz if you don't vary the weave, it is just a mesh, whether knit or not.

Compare the variable weave of the flyknit in the Phantom:

Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-8-15-59-PM.png

To the mesh-like constant weave of the flyknit in the IR.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-8-16-48-PM.png

Sorry, but this is just Flymesh, whether they call it Flyknit or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom