Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

DE96E421-DC4B-4952-9B45-E5C9C9BA421E.jpeg

Had these since the early release and still love running in these ER1s.

looking forward to the model coming out in January but prob gonna try to add a pair of ER2s for cheap in a the meantime

After my first run in the JB React Havocs, I switched back to one of my favorites, the ZF2s for the whole week. Then I took a two day recovery....

Today, I ran in my React Havocs for their second run. In the early stages (first two miles), I felt I performed significantly better in the ZFs. However, as the run progressed, I started to hit the same paces as I do in the ZF series. Overall, they can definitely get the job done. The JBRHs are a solid performer after just two runs. Plus, you get a lot out of them performance-wise for the low prices they’re currently at. I know I’ll double up if I ever see a decent cw at the outlets for <$50.

2FE94F2B-54DE-40C7-8D71-AD5CD632CA9C.jpeg

I’ve never run in the ERs, but I wore them A LOT for work last year. Maybe I’ll give them a go on an LSD run this weekend. I may experiment with the Pegasus 33 versus the 36 to analyze how I perform in a shoe with FLZ versus the separate forefoot and heel Zoom units too.

Last edited:
After my first run in the JB React Havocs, I switched back to one of my favorites, the ZF2s for the whole week. Then I took a two day recovery....

Today, I ran in my React Havocs for their second run. In the early stages (first two miles), I felt I performed significantly better in the ZFs. However, as the run progressed, I started to hit the same paces as I do in the ZF series. Overall, they can definitely get the job done. The JBRHs are a solid performer after just two runs. Plus, you get a lot out of them performance-wise for the low prices they’re currently at. I know I’ll double up if I ever see a decent cw a the outlets for <$50.

2FE94F2B-54DE-40C7-8D71-AD5CD632CA9C.jpeg

I’ve never run in the ERs, but I’d wear them A LOT for work last year. Maybe I’ll give them a go on an LSD run this weekend. I may experiment with the Pegasus 33 versus the 36 to analyze how I perform in a shoe with FLZ versus the separate forefoot and heel Zoom units too.

any reason why you never ran in the ER?

any reason why you never ran in the ER?

They feel too soft for me to run in. I used to run in shoes on the plush side, but I’d notice I’d get injured or start limping after the runs frequently. With that said, I made a switch to more firmer shoes. Now, I prefer shoes to be on the firmer side/responsive, ESP under the forefoot area. I’ve never really got injured after the switch.

They feel too soft for me to run in. I used to run in shoes on the plush side, but I’d notice I’d get injured or start limping after the runs frequently. With that said, I made a switch to more firmer shoes. Now, I prefer shoes to be on the firmer side/responsive, ESP under the forefoot area. I’ve never really got injured after the switch.

gotcha I don’t like running in shoes that are too plush/soft either but love running in the epic reacts and haven’t had any issues with them yet. but everyones feet is different so I get that

Today, I ran in my React Havocs for their second run. In the early stages (first two miles), I felt I performed significantly better in the ZFs. However, as the run progressed, I started to hit the same paces as I do in the ZF series. Overall, they can definitely get the job done. The JBRHs are a solid performer after just two runs. Plus, you get a lot out of them performance-wise for the low prices they’re currently at. I know I’ll double up if I ever see a decent cw a the outlets for <$50.

I’ve never run in the ERs, but I’d wear them A LOT for work last year. Maybe I’ll give them a go on an LSD run this weekend. I may experiment with the Pegasus 33 versus the 36 to analyze how I perform in a shoe with FLZ versus the separate forefoot and heel Zoom units too.

My only gripe with the React Havoc is that the upper is super snug; I thought they would loosen up after a few wears but for me they never did. I agree that it’s cushioning set up works extremely well.

My only gripe with the React Havoc is that the upper is super snug; I thought they would loosen up after a few wears but for me they never did. I agree that it’s cushioning set up works extremely well.
I wonder if GOVRN can put an ER upper on a Havoc midsole? That might be GOAT.

This. I noticed as well, so I went +1/2 size up. I also noticed that my feet were moist after my 6miler. I haven’t had that happen to me on a while.

Re: soleswapping, I’m looking to sole swap these onto a Flyknit Racer or some sort of a Flyknit for that lightweight upper and breathability. The gradient on the units I want ruins the look. I wish they were solid.

The fact he had to wear two pairs of socks to make them fit shows the new "knit" upper is a fail. The real flyknit upper of the ERs, Phantoms, and Rise adjusts and fits whether going sockless, wearing thin running socks or thick winter wool socks.
Might be his preferenc...

The fact he had to wear two pairs of socks to make them fit shows the new "knit" upper is a fail. The real flyknit upper of the ERs, Phantoms, and Rise adjusts and fits whether going sockless, wearing thin running socks or thick winter wool socks.

I disagree. I tend to only wear thicker socks with my ER's because otherwise, my narrow feet don't fit nicely into the shoe. A size down would be too small but a thicker sock is just right. So I've had a similar issue with "real" flyknit.

The more I see of the Infinity Run, the more they look like $40 budget versions of a popular shoe.
They just look.. cheap..
I can't unsee the Revolution 5 Flyease when I look at them.

Looks like I should get a couple more ER1s or 2s when it goes on sale if they’re going to stop making them. I am not feeling that pair at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom